Posted by: Vikb
After a year of riding overhauled the Daambuilt Mega Krampus:
- fresh 11 speed XT drivetrain
- Chromag Magna 40 rims + Hope Pro2 hubs + Woltooth Boostinator kits + Sapim Race spokes
- Rekon+ tires in 29 x 2.8"
- RRP front fender
- SQLabs 16 deg bars [vs. old 12 deg bars]
- Chromag 31mm stem [vs. old 35mm stem]
- Some inboard bar ends for alternate hand positions when touring
- fresh brake pads in rear and bled both brakes
- Selle Anatomica saddle [my old touring saddle]
- custom Porcelain Rocket half-frame bag [wider than standard model for more capacity]
I'm heading out for a week on this bike shortly. I'm excited to get her dirty and break in all the new parts. :-)
Never tire of seeing this bike. Matching hoses, nice work. Also love the seatstay/tube brace. The older I get the more my bike seems to be evolving into a bikepacking rig, currently looking at a new frame bag for mine.
I've recently gone from 9 deg backsweep bar to 12 deg and it does feel better.
Question for you if I may please Vic, how much difference does 16 deg make over 12 in your opinion? I thought 9 - 12 deg was quite noticeable, but I can still 'get rad' on 12 deg. Do you think 15 or 16 deg would hinder dirt jumping or general trail/dual track shredding, or is it something you could get used to?