Wife BDay while in Whistler

Aug. 30, 2013, 4:39 p.m.

So we'll be in Whistler next week and Wednesday is my wife's birthday.
We will have out two kids with us, 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 years old.

What/where to go for a fun afternoon/evening?? Wide open….I have no clue.

Help!! ;-)

Aug. 30, 2013, 7:51 p.m.

If its not raining, go up the mountain and do the tourist thing, Peak to Peak and what not. Head to the bottom of Blackcomb for the kids, tons of things to do there. Get the wife into one of the Spas in town, Scandinave being really good. For going out with kids that small, I recommend the Wildflower in the Fairmont, still intamite but good food for the kids and you and the wife. If you are staying at a decent hotel tell them its her birthday and they may do something in the room for her. Tons of things to do depending on your cash flow and sense of adventure, hit up a concierge for better details….

mtbskierdad

Aug. 30, 2013, 7:53 p.m.

I assume you want something fun for all but kids to be happy with/entertained by whatever is going on?

Bungee Jumping might work, kids can`t partake but might be entertained by watching mom and pop be silly. Kids also love bounce which is conveniently close to both a delicious late breakfast at wildwood function, and/or the delicious suds of whistler brewing.

Ziptrek might do kids as well, if not I believe monkidoo might which is more like a jungle gym built up in the forest with harnesses to keep safe. Both might be out with a 2 1/2 year old though.

Maybe a bit pricy but consider a glacier float plane flight off green lake or a sight-see flight with whistler heli.

Rent a canoe and do the river of golden dreams? Can be beautiful and the douchebag quotient has been reduced a bit by frequent cop raids on aussie shenanigans.

Again 2 1/2 is probably too little, even for lap sitting, but maybe get in touch with Canadian Snowmobile adventures for an atv ride to mountaintop diner? Pretty sure they do this all summer. Can be done by Jeep as well if ATV's aren`t your thing or CSA tell you your kids are too small.

Hope one of these ideas is some help.

Aug. 30, 2013, 9:26 p.m.

Damn I thought this thread was about forgetting it was your wifes birthday and you were in Whistler. leave your wife at a spa and take the kids up to the peak to peak gondola. Instant get out of jail free card.

Aug. 30, 2013, 10:39 p.m.

^^^^What he said. But put a distinctly Whistler twist on it.

Send her to Scandinave Spa for the afternoon and get her a massage, too, so she can spend some time there doing the hydrotherapy, looking out at the mountains and savouring the tranquility, and then a little pampering. You take the wee monsters to the Village Playground, the pool, the lake.

If you can find a sitter, take her out for dinner. Barefoot Bistro is sure to impress.

Expensive? Yes. But you'll be a rock star. And after all, she did spend nearly two years of your life carrying your issue…

Aug. 31, 2013, 9:58 a.m.

I have a 4 yr old and a 1.5 yr old. I have used www.babysittingwhistler.com a bunch during Crankworx and when we want to MTB together. They've always been great. reputable, first aid certified, full background check blah blah. I think it's a 3 hr minimum timeframe.

Sept. 8, 2013, 9:32 p.m.

i also want the treat of it , its not fair at all

Fashion Jewellery

Sept. 9, 2013, 6:58 a.m.

Personaly, I think hookers and blow is always a safe bet but a quad tour and massages also sound good.
Ditch the kids, they're messy and might spill the blow.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

Sept. 9, 2013, 10:20 p.m.

best would be to visit a place on the beach areas with your wife to enjoy some splashing birthday eve, make the moment romantic and absolute

Fashion Jewellery

Sept. 9, 2013, 10:27 p.m.

Ahhhh nebraska is on the money….tour the white sandy beaches of Whistler with your wife….maybe even book a unicorn ride!!!!

Pastor of Muppets