Who els thought the lifty was being kind of a dick today?

Oct. 5, 2009, 8:13 p.m.

This guy gave me the rundown too. It was the most untrusted I have ever felt at Whistler.

While it didn't really bug me I did think it was a little odd.

The cute girls are way more fun.

Click Me

Oct. 5, 2009, 8:31 p.m.

The slightly older validator always stares at my pass and then me then my pass then me like I stole it. Always. Like 5 times in one day. Not a huge issue but it's starting to get on my nerves.

I got over to Whistler five times this year and the lifty's are always great. This guy though… First run of the day and he is a foot away from my face telling me to remove my helmet. Few words said, he kinda powertripped. I made my point and had no problems the rest of the day.

Kudos to WBP trail crew! Best shape I have ever seen it in.
Garbonzo was death!
Who had there tires on the wall ride on Blue velvet?
Had a great time

Oct. 5, 2009, 8:53 p.m.

The ginger did the same thing to my bf two weeks ago. After a few choice words he wouldn't even make eye contact with us the rest of the weekend. Might as well take down the fence, put up some velvet ropes and make the singles line into VIP. We've never had issues like this before and been passholders since '00. If you confront him he'll likely say sorry over and over again, and then apologize for saying sorry.

Oct. 5, 2009, 10:33 p.m.

I got over to Whistler five times this year and the lifty's are always great. This guy though… First run of the day and he is a foot away from my face telling me to remove my helmet. Few words said, he kinda powertripped. I made my point and had no problems the rest of the day.

Kudos to WBP trail crew! Best shape I have ever seen it in.
Garbonzo was death!
Who had there tires on the wall ride on Blue velvet?
Had a great time

Garbo was awesome and nasty at the same time. I got about a dozen freight train, DM to Aline run. Rode the bike so hard I snapped a bolt on the frame, didn't even notice until I got home.
Great season for me:woot:

Oct. 6, 2009, 3:23 p.m.

much like ski town parking spots- the good girls are either taken or handicapped.

Ooh, I'm SO using that line in the future.

Oct. 6, 2009, 3:35 p.m.

Then the princess should suck it up and get a new job if he doesn't like it.

Its customer service! Not some bullshit nightclub, yeesh get a life scanner douchebag.

You took my post the wrong way… I totally agree… he's the idiot for taking that shitty job and needs an uppercut big time. Maybe he'll be working on the final day… someone should take him out.

Oct. 6, 2009, 3:50 p.m.

WB employees get 70 dollars each time they catch someone trying to cheat the system and use someone else's pass.

This guy could be looking for extra cash!

Oct. 6, 2009, 3:54 p.m.

if you're riding with a friend, you should swap passes while going through the scanner just to see this guy blow up.

make sure to take pics/video.

Oct. 6, 2009, 3:56 p.m.

WB employees get 70 dollars each time they catch someone trying to cheat the system and use someone else's pass.

still no reason to be a dick about it….I've had a stare off with this guy a few times too, there's doing your job, and then there's going overboard, this guy needs to learn to chill a bit and not treat everyone like they're scammers…

Oct. 6, 2009, 4:18 p.m.

if you're riding with a friend, you should swap passes while going through the scanner just to see this guy blow up.

make sure to take pics/video.

Hahahah I like this idea, I'll definataly give it a try this weekend! Will document!

Oct. 6, 2009, 8:50 p.m.

I loosely recall this guy, struck me as odd he actualy scrutinised the pass (i.e. did his job) tbh all the other people just scan and don't look at the pass too closely.

Be honest, if this is actually the incentive offered to Whistler employees - wouldn't you be scrutinising everyone? I'm not sure what sort of pay package wbp employees take home - but if its a lowly paid/ minimumn wage job: one or two $70 bonuses make a HUGE difference in the size of the paycheck you take home each week.

Meet my NEW ride: 2009 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Oct. 6, 2009, 10:22 p.m.

Hmmm never noticed this guy. Are you guys leaving your helmets on going through the scanning area?
I did get a bit startled a couple weeks ago when one of the scanner guys (older ginger guy) called me and the GF by our first names and asked how the day was, I thought it was cool he was actually looking at our passes.

Oct. 7, 2009, 3:27 p.m.

Same thing with the ginger guy. looks at you like a criminal every time. I leave my helmet on now and try to act shady just for fun.

Kyle,

"Jesus Christ, This should be an event motherfcker, Chinese downhill fcking slalom" - DO'D on the Crankworx berm busting session on the slalom course

Oct. 7, 2009, 3:36 p.m.

Ok, I give up. What does "Ginger" mean?

Oct. 7, 2009, 3:50 p.m.

That older liftie is a total cockass.

He'll just stand and watch a little kid or smaller girl struggle with their bike rather than, well…, be a liftie. He just stands there and will yell instructions rather than actually move his ass and do his job.

He'll do the same for the gondola too. He'll bark orders at people for no particular reason other than to hear the sound of his own voice.

He belongs in another line of work.