White Snake

Aug. 24, 2010, 10:29 p.m.

I loved that little line, so needless to say I was bummed out when I noticed a bunch of tape and logs across it. What gives? Has it gone the way of Shale Master?

Aug. 24, 2010, 11 p.m.

probably, it was a pretty heinous G out, I think they want to limit the incidents up on Garbo due to they amount of time it can take to Evac someone down the hill, plus could you imagine someone cooking into that blind and not know its a roll and drop to flat? nasty much….

mtbskierdad

Aug. 25, 2010, 12:01 a.m.

You could have tryed the jungle cat way hitting it far left and air in half way down the rock face.But there was a fine line of not too fast coming into it and to transfer to the right a bit.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

Aug. 25, 2010, 10:04 a.m.

the difficulty of the drop was deemed to be " out of context " with the rest of the trail .

Aug. 25, 2010, 11:18 a.m.

Ya, a feature like that on blue velvet…. makes sense to shut it down to me.

Aug. 25, 2010, 8:15 p.m.

the difficulty of the drop was deemed to be " out of context " with the rest of the trail .[/QUOT

We all singed a waiver didn't we??? The trail was clearly marked as a double black line of i recall correctly. Maybe it's time they build some new double blacks maybe even a triple black up on the Garbo. I do rather enjoy the park but eating steak everyday gets a little dull on the taste buds after a while. Is there anyway the idea can be pitched to the Director of the park? Has there been any talk of such ideas or has Whistler taken on a new agenda and playing safe. Maybe there should be a medical tent or building up on Garbo so if people do get hurt on black or blue runs it won't take so long to cart them out. I give props to all the first aid attendants for all the hard work and messy jobs you folks face day in and day out. I just wish that the cool lines could be left alone,makes me a little sad that people can't ride within their limits and we all have to suffer.

Aug. 25, 2010, 8:41 p.m.

It is a bike park - they have an interest in keeping their customers alive, for the most part. There's plenty of other places to build your g-out drops to flat you can ride like a hero.

I'm guessing this is the short line that comes out a little way down from the Goats Gully exit, and next to the rockride.

That looked like an accident waiting to happen - relatively easy trail, high speeds, that looks like the best line… oh I'm heading off a cliff into some jagged rocks. I guess it happened.

Aug. 25, 2010, 9:04 p.m.

We all singed a waiver didn't we???

Why would you burn a waiver?

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Aug. 25, 2010, 9:39 p.m.

It is a bike park - they have an interest in keeping their customers alive, for the most part. There's plenty of other places to build your g-out drops to flat you can ride like a hero.

I'm guessing this is the short line that comes out a little way down from the Goats Gully exit, and next to the rockride.

That looked like an accident waiting to happen - relatively easy trail, high speeds, that looks like the best line… oh I'm heading off a cliff into some jagged rocks. I guess it happened.

Oh look ,i am riding an easy trail, oh hold there is a new sign on the blue run i am riding ,it has a double black symbol on it,the trail forks maybe i should stay on the blue run,oh wait i am an idiot shit now i am hurt. Now White snake goes the way of the Shale Master. Gone. As for protecting or keeping it's costumers if you break your neck i'll still ride whistler,if people lose their lives (it's happened) i will still ride Whistler and i bet so would you that is why we sign the waiver,if i fuck myself up Whistler bike park is not responsible, nor would i try to sue them. Oh and as far as G-out drops to flat,the line is a steep roll,only those with a high caliber of skill drop the rock on the right! FYI mountain biking is an accident waiting to happen,green blue or black!

Aug. 25, 2010, 9:59 p.m.

Out of context? Not if you connect to drop in clinic later on, then it all makes perfect 'trail sense'

Aug. 25, 2010, 10 p.m.

Why would you burn a waiver?

I don't recall burning the waiver. I am just stating that everyone signs a waiver to ride or ski /board in Whistler. If people read the alpine responsibility code they would understand how the mountain works. Ride your skill level,no unsafe passing,do not ride drunk or stoned,do not stop in the middle of the trail. i am just wondering why all the cool lines are being shut down,i would classify myself as an expert rider,i ride mostly black runs.I always see people who do not belong on the runs,hazards to those who do belong on the run.I don't ride the green because it would mean to enjoy myself i would be forced to run the beginners off the trail to ride at speeds at which i enjoy. "Caution high speed trail experts only" and then you see people who should not be there,clueless fools who do not understand. So what do we sign waivers for? To take it easy or to pin from top to bottom,with reckless abandon. And if i break my body and can't function anymore,take off my helmet and smash my brains out. But with that said,when i come across those who are trying to improve their skill, i chill i let em know hey relax keep your flow. Most people cuss em out and pass unsafely,not this cowboy
So maybe read my first post,let it register in your brain i only asked a question,there was no burn.

Aug. 25, 2010, 10:10 p.m.

You spelled signed "singed". He's teasing…. :)

Aug. 25, 2010, 10:49 p.m.

as much as I hate to, I fully agree with punter on this one….it was clearly marked as double….it wasn't mandatory, it wasn't that hard…..

Aug. 25, 2010, 11:46 p.m.

Agreed. I fail to see why WBP can't just put up more signage in front of it if the mgmt has their panties in a knot. Besides, I always thought of it as a nice treat after OS, not just another part of Blue Velvet.

Aug. 26, 2010, 12:17 a.m.

pics?