Whistler - Where do you always fall

July 24, 2019, 10:03 p.m.

I ride there a lot, and I go over the fucking bars on Angry Pirate many times a year.  Second is OSIN exit.

Do you share my trail-maladies or do you have your own asshole-trail?

July 25, 2019, 7:28 a.m.

Randomly on In Deep. I'll be ripping along thinking "Hell yeah, I'm like a WC rider!". Then BOOM, I'm on the deck like I was taken out by a sniper

July 25, 2019, 10:20 a.m.

B-line for me. Just pushing too hard, trying not to brake and washing. did the same on the s turns after filthy ape yesterday too. Think its officially blue velvet. Theres also a nasty gap there too for anyone with some cajones.

July 25, 2019, 11:46 a.m.

Any black tech trail can take me down. Because in my head I'm thinking its not a double black and I rule on the tech blues and can blast them hard. Hahaha

July 25, 2019, 11:50 a.m.

Once each season my confidence gets to a point where I start trying the Remi gaps and I’ll crash and reset my confidence.

July 25, 2019, 12:17 p.m.

I just got back from a couple of days in the park.  Most of my riding is slow tech or slabs these days, so I feel much more comfortable on trails like In Deep, Detroit Rock City, Schleyer, and even Goats.  But, I'm also picking my way through things on an Enduro bike.  Thinking of blasting those trails on a downhill rig, I could definitely see having some unintended ejects.

Even after tons of repetition, the speed of the bigger flow trails still makes me shudder. I took no falls but landed super nose-heavy a couple of times on some Aline transitions.  I'm riding mostly with my oldest and every time we finish a run of  Aline/Upper DM, I'm just happy to be down and feel like I stole something :-)

July 25, 2019, 12:49 p.m.

The only place in the park I've had multiple crashes was on the big off camber rock right after the container drop on FT. I find that rock super dusty most of the time and I've slid out 3 times on it.

My worst was a huge slide out that left a long black streak of rubber from my front tire that was there for 2 whole seasons.

July 25, 2019, 1:34 p.m.

That rock step down on upper Fantastic almost caught me out the other day, but the wood berm on Blue Velvet gets me every other turn as I try to stay too high...and the lippy jump exiting the second section as it crosses the service road also hits me into the air wrong

July 25, 2019, 2:05 p.m.

Blue Velvet ;)

July 25, 2019, 3:46 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

The only place in the park I've had multiple crashes was on the big off camber rock right after the container drop on FT. I find that rock super dusty most of the time and I've slid out 3 times on it.

My worst was a huge slide out that left a long black streak of rubber from my front tire that was there for 2 whole seasons.

Ya had a huge moment on that rock yesterday, lost a bit of the back end, then  must have grabbed too much brake which bounced me nose first of the little drop. Pretty stoked to ride it out.

Last edited by: nortonwhis on July 25, 2019, 3:47 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 25, 2019, 9:44 p.m.

Posted by: DanL

That rock step down on upper Fantastic almost caught me out the other day, but the wood berm on Blue Velvet gets me every other turn as I try to stay too high...and the lippy jump exiting the second section as it crosses the service road also hits me into the air wrong

I brain farted and went over the bars on that once, couldn't remember or decide if I was slowing down to roll it or jumping to flat and did neither.

The off camber rock on lower No Joke where you can take a left and go up to the little rock roll right above Creekside/Red has fucked me up. Went down hard and separated a shoulder (luckily that's my worst bike injury to date, not that bad) but man did it hurt and ended my park season. Ever since then I cannot commit to what is really a tiny/easy move... still don't know how I lost the front but it pushed and I super man lawn darted into the ground.

I still randomly nose dive jumps once in a while and it scares the shit out of me, usually stop jumping for the day when it happens haha.

July 31, 2019, 7:15 p.m.

The slick rock left turn on Renegade. I have cleaned it on multiple occasions, but have also went down hard a few times.

July 31, 2019, 7:46 p.m.

The straight line down the left hand side of the rock is a way better line IMO.

July 31, 2019, 10:33 p.m.

You guys should stick to jumping. Way safer.

Aug. 1, 2019, 10:14 a.m.

Crank it up....when raining on the wall rides...

I have no idea why I did it. Pouring rain, I hit the wall ride, and slid down on my side... Next time it was raining of course I would remember not to hit it again... bam, same thing.