Whistler Village Bike Park lawsuit

July 26, 2013, 10:27 a.m.

there was nothing wrong with that teeter .

and besides that , it was pretty much a stand alone feature that you would have to make a clear conscious decision to ride over , as opposed to a no other option trail feature on a piece of simgletrack where you might not perceive any other available route .

hope the judge applies some common sense to this one .

i see it took her two years to file . i'd like to think it took her two years to find a lawyer who would take the case .

Statute of limitations is two years. Tactic. Wait two years so that any witnesses have forgotten what they saw or knew. Or they have moved and are hard to find. I hate that shit.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 26, 2013, 10:29 a.m.

Unless we are missing something of course. I don't think we are though.

I pay for critical illness insurance where if I am out of work for an extended period of time, I get paid money.

Perhaps it is that?

July 26, 2013, 11:03 a.m.

^ ding, ding,

Also - the wait may be to see what the damages end up being. Are they paying for short term or long term.

July 26, 2013, 1:53 p.m.

I pay for critical illness insurance where if I am out of work for an extended period of time, I get paid money.

Perhaps it is that?

Long Term Disability. If that were the case, that insurer would not be claiming non pecuniary damages. That's pain and suffering. No I'll be willing to bet that she's just a douche that can't accept her own stupidity. An insurer is subrogated to the rights of the person they insure for the money that the insurer paid out to that insured. They cannot recover monies that have not paid out. They could perhaps piggy back on a suit or cut a deal with the plaintiff that gets their money back.

Not only that, but if there was nothing wrong with the teeter and she has no claim, it is not likely that an insurer would pursue recovery.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 26, 2013, 1:57 p.m.

Long Term Disability.

I have that one alongside my critical illness as well. I'm a brokers wet dream.

Critical is short term.

July 26, 2013, 2:28 p.m.

"patellofemoral pain syndrome"

That's a sore leg in medico-legalese isn't it?

July 26, 2013, 4:37 p.m.

Long Term Disability. If that were the case, that insurer would not be claiming non pecuniary damages. That's pain and suffering. No I'll be willing to bet that she's just a douche that can't accept her own stupidity. An insurer is subrogated to the rights of the person they insure for the money that the insurer paid out to that insured. They cannot recover monies that have not paid out. They could perhaps piggy back on a suit or cut a deal with the plaintiff that gets their money back.

Not only that, but if there was nothing wrong with the teeter and she has no claim, it is not likely that an insurer would pursue recovery.

far as I can remember the teetor was old but still worked like it was supposed to, drop down after you cross the mid point, there is a newer one there now with newer features around it as well, the thing pointed out before is that is a stand alone feature, not in the middle of a trail, so she CHOSE to ride it, she didn't have to ride it, this will probably be thrown out of court, Nancy is getting a taste of her own medicine on the one though….

mtbskierdad

July 26, 2013, 5:47 p.m.

Meh… she is probably just bitter after giving colonoscopies all day long!

Janet Corpe
Registered nurse at Halton healthcare, Milton endoscopy centre

Acton, Ontario, Canada (Kitchener, Canada Area)
Industry
Hospital [HTML_REMOVED] Health Care

Janet Mary Corpe (Borden)
R.R.#3
Acton, L7J 2L9
Canada
[email protected]

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

July 26, 2013, 6:12 p.m.

July 26, 2013, 11:08 p.m.

Sounds like a Nurse, always looking for LTD after injuries.

[HTML_REMOVED]--- RN who supervises 20 other RNs daily. I have 3 on LTD right now for various "lame" injuries.

July 27, 2013, 3:46 p.m.

I predict the judge's ruling will be thus …

"Split depression fracture of the left tibial plateau can be repaired, meniscal tear in the left knee can be fixed, patellofemoral pain syndrome can be treated, weakened left quadriceps muscles and soft tissue can be rehabbed. But stupid? Unfortunately there is no cure for stupid."

July 29, 2013, 11:50 a.m.

This woman lives on the same rural mail route that I grew up on. Never heard of her though. Maybe she's living in my old house.

Aug. 23, 2013, 1:35 p.m.

^^ dont go to McD's in Richmond

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40