Whistler trails (not WBP)

July 9, 2016, 11:56 a.m.

Thanks. I'll let you know when I get up there. From an erosion POV is it better to wait till Middle of Nowhere dries out?

Kashmir as well. Heard it was wet last week and we have had fresh rain since then. Not only from an erosion standpoint, but its just really fun when soggy. So many little ups with roots that you just bog and slide.

July 11, 2016, 8:24 a.m.

The new climbing trail to Out There makes that climb to much better! Thanks to the builders for that one!

July 22, 2016, 9:10 a.m.

probably best to give Kashmir a miss for a few days to let the sun and heat dry it out, pretty greasy and lots of muddy bits, I'd imagine similar conditions on Middle of Nowhere/Khyber Pass

July 22, 2016, 10:40 a.m.

I'd imagine. Quick hit from Creekside up to Babylon Connector road that brings you in on lower Upper Babylon and that was greasy greasy greasy. Once on SCAP things were already nice and dry(ish).

July 24, 2016, 2:14 p.m.

Rode a few trails yesterday that for some reason I had never hit. Bintys is a super fun loamer. Was so good did a couple laps. Was quiet out there yesterday which was nice. Perfect riding weather.

Anyone suggest a good circuit for that zone?

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

July 25, 2016, 9:41 a.m.

Rode a few trails yesterday that for some reason I had never hit. Bintys is a super fun loamer. Was so good did a couple laps. Was quiet out there yesterday which was nice. Perfect riding weather.

Anyone suggest a good circuit for that zone?

Yeah binty's is a blast! Very short though. If you haven't ridden Billy Epic that is out that way and great fun. Theres been a couple of new sections cut in over the years that take away some of the fall line chunder (its still rideable if thats yoru thing) that have really packed down and are great fun now. Its also handles the wet really well.

July 25, 2016, 11:25 a.m.

Yeah binty's is a blast! Very short though. If you haven't ridden Billy Epic that is out that way and great fun. Theres been a couple of new sections cut in over the years that take away some of the fall line chunder (its still rideable if thats yoru thing) that have really packed down and are great fun now. Its also handles the wet really well.

Just has a look on Trailforks. Was wondering about that route. My buddy hasn't been on the bike for a while so we ended on Binty's after a pretty good tilt on the trails south of there. He rode the easier trail down that runs parallel to Binty's loamer ( Love that rocky steep section, there was tourists on rentals climbing up it when I came down, weird). Was a good time for sure. Will give Billy epic a go next time. Thanks for the heads up.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

July 31, 2016, 9:07 p.m.

Did any one come down Khybers this weekend? Just wondering if it has dried up enough now, sounded pretty greasy a week ago. I was thinking of hitting it later this week and either doing Kasmir/kush or upper babylon, SCAP, hihi-highline, duncans. Bringing the all mountain rigs to whistler/pemby for the week. Thanks for any intel.

July 31, 2016, 11 p.m.

There is no "s" on Khyber. The Khyber Pass is the full name. I would have thought it would be dry after the last few weeks.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 31, 2016, 11:40 p.m.

Khyber is sweet right now.
Today I rode TOTW, Khyber, Middle of Nowhere, Kashmir, Kush and some other stuff below that.
Everything is dry except for 2 muddy spots on MoN.
At Kush and lower it was starting to get that loose and dusty mid summer conditions.

Aug. 1, 2016, 8:23 a.m.

Did upper Babylon last week, it's in pretty great shape, except the part in the second growth, it's pretty overgrown and the woodwork is starting to be very sketchy…

Aug. 2, 2016, 10:51 a.m.

Rode up the microwave climb to the bottom of Khyber on the weekend (not a fun climb, btw) and then into Middle of Nowhere, Kashmir, Kush, then over to Heavy Flow / bottom of Tunnel. All in really good shape. A few small boggy spots still on Middle, but everything else dry. Props to the builders on Heavy Flow- super fun little trail. I only wish it were longer.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

Aug. 2, 2016, 10:56 a.m.

Did upper Babylon last week, it's in pretty great shape, except the part in the second growth, it's pretty overgrown and the woodwork is starting to be very sketchy…

So worth checking out then? I've heard some bad reviews but it still sounded kind of fun.

Aug. 2, 2016, 10:56 a.m.

Did any one come down Khybers this weekend? Just wondering if it has dried up enough now, sounded pretty greasy a week ago. I was thinking of hitting it later this week and either doing Kasmir/kush or upper babylon, SCAP, hihi-highline, duncans. Bringing the all mountain rigs to whistler/pemby for the week. Thanks for any intel.

Up Kaidenwood to SCAP-High Side-Hi Hi-Duncan's was yesterday's loop. All fantastic right now.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

Aug. 7, 2016, 10:57 a.m.

Came down totw, The Khyber Pass, Middle of Nowhere, Kashmir, Kush, Big Timber on friday. Wow, what a descent! KP is an awesome trail, highlight of my whistler week. MoN has some cool bits, great views of potential tree skiing lines! Kashmir is very dry, it would be way harder in the wet, so many roots! Cool trail, like an xc In Deep. Kush seems to be slammed by bike park traffic, fall line sliding. Uploading from creekside was great because we got to warm up on FT, Little Alder, Too Tight on the way to mid station. The $34 TOTW express ticket was money well spent!