Whistler trails (not WBP)

May 24, 2016, 2:05 p.m.

Nice to see love to Tunnel Vision. Thanks for that! Any re-work or re-raking/clearing of the landing off the little launch on the lower section? The boy gets bucked around a bit each time he lands!

Rode Short Bus and Pigs on a Wing for the first time. NOT black as per the Whistler App. Certainly trending to double black, especially Short Bus top half and the bottom of Pigs on a Wing. Lower half of Short Bus seems to have recent love, as the little lips and hips seem super smooth. Still not high-traffic trails, probably due to effort per vertical…

Dropped the bikes and walked up the lower part of Up Up [HTML_REMOVED] Away. At first, me and the boy were like "hell, this is not a problem". Then we hit that endless slab. Whoa. I think the left-side option is doable on the all mountain bike as it breaks it down into bite-sized chunks, but boldness to be able to ride clean the full centre line top to bottom. Definitely would like to try that full trail this year.

May 24, 2016, 2:14 p.m.

Nice to see love to Tunnel Vision. Thanks for that! Any re-work or re-raking/clearing of the landing off the little launch on the lower section? The boy gets bucked around a bit each time he lands!

Rode Short Bus and Pigs on a Wing for the first time. NOT black as per the Whistler App. Certainly trending to double black, especially Short Bus top half and the bottom of Pigs on a Wing. Lower half of Short Bus seems to have recent love, as the little lips and hips seem super smooth. Still not high-traffic trails, probably due to effort per vertical…

Dropped the bikes and walked up the lower part of Up Up [HTML_REMOVED] Away. At first, me and the boy were like "hell, this is not a problem". Then we hit that endless slab. Whoa. I think the left-side option is doable on the all mountain bike as it breaks it down into bite-sized chunks, but boldness to be able to ride clean the full centre line top to bottom. Definitely would like to try that full trail this year.

good points re. POTW/SB, probably more double blacks.

…main part of TV is on a holding pattern as it's in CRA….Tim and I are working on a plan to basically make an entirely new descending line in the new thinned forest area above the existing alignment after the rock slab, so cut it right and get it off that old road bed and then turn the existing line into a climbing route to be able to ride into Cheakamus without having to ride the road or valley trail. Hopefully we can move forward on that sooner than later.

May 24, 2016, 3:36 p.m.

whats Pigs? is that peas in a pod or something new?

Microclimate still super wet. Didnt think it had rained but maybe its been over night?
Out of the dust is pretty much an unrideable bog, thought they fixed that up, but maybe seems not. Boner running smooth and fun.

May 24, 2016, 3:56 p.m.

whats Pigs? is that peas in a pod or something new?

it was always Pigs, never 'peas'..as per the builder.

May 24, 2016, 5:05 p.m.

[QUOTE=whitehonky;2918001

I have done that bottom bit from higher up. Note I did not say "ridden". I was alone and had never been on it before. Chose the discretion line a bunch of times.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 24, 2016, 8:23 p.m.

Did you ride up from Function, or ride the Flank from Stonebridge? I've been meaning to have a look around that part. On a different note, did a few quick laps yesterday on JABT and Trash and around there. Really nice work on JABT. Great intro trail for the kids to practice on. Kudos to the builders.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

May 25, 2016, 10:31 a.m.

Did you ride up from Function, or ride the Flank from Stonebridge? I've been meaning to have a look around that part. On a different note, did a few quick laps yesterday on JABT and Trash and around there. Really nice work on JABT. Great intro trail for the kids to practice on. Kudos to the builders.

Up from Function.

June 8, 2016, 9:54 a.m.

Stuff running good. Three birds, Middle Danimal, North Danimal, and Hot Dog Alley becoming a favourite quick evening blast for the family.

On Sunday, rode full CN lower and the new miss-the-18%-grade-climb to Out There, then back up CN lower to Young Lust, then Sea2Sky (why does it feel more up than it should be?), then a lap on the Zappa Trails, directly to beer. Great morning loop before the heat. Out There is much fun.

June 13, 2016, 10:06 p.m.

Green Monster currently living up to it's name. Greeeeeeeeeeen! I'll be back when dry.

Thread killer

June 14, 2016, noon

Any plans on re-working the middle section/skidder line on Golden Boner or is that part of the Blackcomb tenure discussion right now? Seems like a whole new line paralleling the old line is being skidded in that is exactly the same as the old line. Other than that, still a good wet weather option.

New work on Tunnel Vision is also nice. Saw lots of folks on Sunday on HiHi and Highside. Friendly smiles and waves, as we went by. Such a great trail set for all levels. Lower Babylon Road is a bit duck-and-cover alder way up.

June 14, 2016, 12:35 p.m.

GB is WB tenure, not on WORCA's radar…really stoked on how lower tunnel vision is shaping up, hoping to have one more trail day in there soonish…

June 21, 2016, 3:35 p.m.

Microclimate still running really wet. Some standing water and lots and lots of mud.
Quite a few braids popping up to avoid muddy pits.

June 22, 2016, 9:50 a.m.

Anyone been down Howler recently?

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

June 22, 2016, 10:03 a.m.

Anyone been down Howler recently?

Day before yesterday. In amazing shape! same with the new work on Billy Epic.

June 27, 2016, 9:55 a.m.

Hi all. I'm wondering about valley trails progression. We're heading up from Seattle for the holiday weekend, putting the kids in bike park lessons for three days (my son's been dying to do this for years), and my wife and I are looking forward to hitting the valley trails without any kids in tow. We're generally intermediate riders, but looking to progress. When we were up there last summer, I got in a little bit of riding without kids and hit the Zappa trails, Farside/Riverside loop and a spin through Emerald Forest.

What would you recommend for progressing in more difficulty and are there any particular loops you might suggest? I've looked at the trailforks pages, but it's hard to know what is an easy blue vs. hard blue or what might be an easier black that we might be able to handle, and also whether there is a preferred direction to ride (even if a trail is technically both directions). Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Also, we're staying at Aava for the first time which I understand has a bike valet service-any idea on what is expected in regards to tipping for this?