Whistler trails (not WBP)

April 6, 2016, 2:28 p.m.

major rebuild on the Business time climb after ampm split last night for the WORCA trail night…she's minty fresh and super makeable now!

Sweet! Thanks for the work Flip and WORCA. Am I guessing right that highside and hihi are still to wet?

April 6, 2016, 3:07 p.m.

Sweet! Thanks for the work Flip and WORCA. Am I guessing right that highside and hihi are still to wet?

actually, no, but you'll probably walk through a lot of snow to get up there as the road is still not clear….I actually gave Highside/HiHi a total rake and buff on sunday and they're mint, aside from a couple trees at the top of Highside that need to be cut out….the work we did late fall has set up amazingly after a long winter, I may hoof it up there tonight to test it out!

April 6, 2016, 10:18 p.m.

Rode hot dog alley/lower sproatt/99er/middle danimal/ACDC. 99.9% clear if anyone wants an update from that part of town. Might try higher stuff over there next time I'm out.

April 7, 2016, 10:13 a.m.

50/50 walk/ride from top of far side to High side…snow's going fast

April 7, 2016, 12:19 p.m.

50/50 walk/ride from top of far side to High side…snow's going fast

Sure is. Saturday I probably walked 80% of High Line to IBT.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

April 18, 2016, 6:02 p.m.

Tunnel Vision is rideable except for maybe 20 metres of snow in one spot. LSD not so much.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

April 21, 2016, 11:23 a.m.

Thought I'd try the "high route" to get over to IBT and AMPM area yesterday from Creekside. Nice climb up the KadenWood ski access up to KadenWood. Mostly snow free. Then up past the KadenWoods pump house (??) and onto the Khyber Ski out road (Last Run?). Road was rideable up to the exit skid from Kush. Then it was hike-a-bike through compacted and post holing snow pretty much 75% of the way to the CBC tower at the top of Heavy Flow. Some fun snow smashing and drifting sections, but mostly a slog.

That said IBT and AMPM are prime.

April 21, 2016, 11:24 a.m.

thanks for the update on that…I've hiked up heavy flow a couple times to the snow line so just avoided the road!

WORCA TRAIL NIGHT, tonight on HiHi, meet at the parking lot at the top of Farside, bottom of Highline at 5pm, or just come up whenever after that!

April 21, 2016, 11:28 a.m.

thanks for the update on that…I've hiked up heavy flow a couple times to the snow line so just avoided the road!

WORCA TRAIL NIGHT, tonight on HiHi, meet at the parking lot at the top of Farside, bottom of Highline at 5pm, or just come up whenever after that!

2 more months and we are up there full-time, so we'll try to hit all trail days from July forward!

Bottom of Babylon was a hot mess of Alder. Many many chainsaws will be required, unless they all pop up and out of the way. And thanks for all your work (and WORCA's) out that way.

April 22, 2016, 7:09 a.m.

turn out of 46 for our trail night!!! HiHi has been transformed and the muddy/rooty approach and exit of the stream crossing rock armoured and golded, might just need a super short bridge section for the water crossing, Far Out also got a bit of an extension so you can ride up onto the road instead of that really short bit you had to get off your bike

April 23, 2016, 2:27 p.m.

Forgot to mention rode PHD last week and theres lots of blow down on the upper trail called Masters and we also rode the Shasta trail which was brutal for blow down , needs chainsaw work at least 20 trees down . Ill put it on trail forks too

April 25, 2016, 3:15 p.m.

Did a pretty big ride with the 10 year old boy yesterday. I was pretty amazed as he cleaned all the climbs with no walking (a couple stops for recovery, but then self-started and ground it out).

Trails in amazing condition with just the right amount of tackiness and just the right amount of excitement on the slabs.

Rode from Creekside, Valley Trail to Cheakamus Microwave Climb, down Highline, up Eastside Main to Highside and HiHi (amazing trail-work success), then back up Highline, up Microwave to Tunnel Vision, down Tunnel Vision to KadenWood Road, up KadenWood, down Big Timber back to Creekside.

Little dude finally figured out what ball gravy was using his new chamois under his riding shorts. But he also learned how joyous a bit of padding is.

The day before we hit up Happy, Nimby, Middle Earth combo as well - we'll make him Enduro-worthy yet.

April 27, 2016, 12:49 p.m.

Rode rockwork korova wizards this morning. Totally dry, hero dirt, perfect weather/temp. Good times right now.

May 3, 2016, 8:25 a.m.

some friends were stalked/charged by a cougar last night on blackcomb riding up….they had a dog on leash and the cougar had to be repelled by rocks and sticks, a large group of riders came up with a dog and ended up scaring it away and treeing it. Leave the ear buds at home, keep your head up, ride with friends!

May 3, 2016, 9:43 a.m.

some friends were stalked/charged by a cougar last night on blackcomb riding up….they had a dog on leash and the cougar had to be repelled by rocks and sticks, a large group of riders came up with a dog and ended up scaring it away and treeing it. Leave the ear buds at home, keep your head up, ride with friends!