Whistler trails (not WBP)

March 19, 2016, 3:55 p.m.

Too early to start talking about the valley trails? Anyone been out lower down?

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

March 19, 2016, 8:41 p.m.

I hiked up Business Time and there were tracks. But up from the AMPM junction looked to be mostly snow. AMPM has no snow but the road up to it has a fair bit. I rode trash today including some new stuff. All clear other than a couple inconsequential patches. I expect cut yer bars and thrill me kill are pretty clear too. But don't quote me.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

March 20, 2016, 8:52 a.m.

Cut Yer Bars was 95% rideable a week ago, but Kill Me still has a long way to go.

March 21, 2016, 6:36 a.m.

yeah had a look at the KMTM exit on my way back from Pemby yesterday, definitely looked snowy in the woods…Pemby is pretty sweet right now though, great conditions

March 25, 2016, 6:24 p.m.

Rode business time today. Had to walk from just past the water tank due to soft snow but the trail was nearly snow free. Couple big trees down that will need a chain saw and a few big lads.

March 25, 2016, 7:08 p.m.

Zappas are clear of snow. I got a couple of the trees this evening not sure what's left didn't get far

March 27, 2016, 10:05 p.m.

I hiked up Business Time and there were tracks. But up from the AMPM junction looked to be mostly snow. AMPM has no snow but the road up to it has a fair bit. I rode trash today including some new stuff. All clear other than a couple inconsequential patches. I expect cut yer bars and thrill me kill are pretty clear too. But don't quote me.

did a circley loop today through the south side, love that new trail before the start of trash, good little addition and a sweet alignment, definitely fits the character of trash being a bit more up and down xc style…farside is good until a few hundred metres from the bridge, then lots of snow, I bailed out to road and back down..snow will probably go fast on the road up to IBT

March 28, 2016, 8:41 a.m.

did a circley loop today through the south side, love that new trail before the start of trash, good little addition and a sweet alignment, definitely fits the character of trash being a bit more up and down xc style…farside is good until a few hundred metres from the bridge, then lots of snow, I bailed out to road and back down..snow will probably go fast on the road up to IBT

Didja find the new section on trash? More of the same character. I rode the full Farside Riverside and it wasn't too bad. With the forecast snow will go fast this week.

And a wolf was spotted across the street from me in Springcreek. Watch the dogs.

March 28, 2016, 9 a.m.

Didja find the new section on trash? More of the same character. I rode the full Farside Riverside and it wasn't too bad. With the forecast snow will go fast this week.

And a wolf was spotted across the street from me in Springcreek. Watch the dogs.

yeah I've been riding that since late last summer, Dwayne did a wicked job on that bit, really good addition instead of the old road entrance for sure! thanks for the heads up on the wolf!

March 29, 2016, 12:15 p.m.

yeah I've been riding that since late last summer, Dwayne did a wicked job on that bit, really good addition instead of the old road entrance for sure! thanks for the heads up on the wolf!

No not that new bit. Bill told me about that last year too. On Trash proper there is a left turn at the step up over a log that goes along an outcrop and toward the river. Go right instead.

March 29, 2016, 12:57 p.m.

No not that new bit. Bill told me about that last year too. On Trash proper there is a left turn at the step up over a log that goes along an outcrop and toward the river. Go right instead.

ahhhh, I wonder if that was put in because that outcrop line was probably unrideable for most people…my track record on that was probably less than 25% hahah…will have to check it out, I almost went that way too on Sunday!

March 30, 2016, 6:43 a.m.

AMPM got a pretty major buffing last evening by the tuesday night crew…still a few things to do, but should be running pretty hot now!

April 2, 2016, 7:58 a.m.

checked it out last night, I had nightmare flashbacks to Ontario and trying to jam as much trail as possible into the smallest area possible….kinda greedy trail building using that much terrain in such a small area, kinda disappointing as you can already see how it will turn into a braided maze mess…

April 5, 2016, 7:47 a.m.

major rebuild on the Business time climb after ampm split last night for the WORCA trail night…she's minty fresh and super makeable now!

April 6, 2016, 10:01 a.m.

Thanks Flip. I think those trails will be hit this weekend.