Whistler trails (not WBP)

Sept. 10, 2016, 8:25 p.m.

also forgot to mention that the next part of the tunnel vision project after the descending line is complete will be to add a few new sections on the old line so we can transition it to more of a climbing route to access cheakamus…there's an old skid road between TV and IBT that we should be able to build too, then you'll basically climb TV, peel off and traverse over to the top of IBT. That'll likely be a next year project though at this point

Wow… we were just talking about that being reversed to a climbing route. This sounds like a worthy project. I think (???) there could be a nice descent built as well from the mid TV (above HF/LMT) that would descend off a small plateau in there down to the IBT/AMPM intersection and flow right down into AMPM. At least this is what the contours show me… curious about that old skid road.

Sept. 12, 2016, 8:38 a.m.

That skid road is on the map app. I have walked part of it from the microwave road. The boy staying with us had started building something in there that would drop onto the valley trail. I have walked around the area off trail exploring. It is pretty cliffy in places.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Sept. 12, 2016, 8:42 a.m.

That skid road is on the map app. I have walked part of it from the microwave road. The boy staying with us had started building something in there that would drop onto the valley trail. I have walked around the area off trail exploring. It is pretty cliffy in places.

very cliffy and bluffy…I've been through there a bunch, it's all WB CRA though too, so, you know, just so you know.

Sept. 13, 2016, 2:19 p.m.

What's the status of that new "alpine" trail - the WORCA Sproatt trail (or whatever the official name is). I keep seeing more and more photos of the trail on instagram and it's looking pretty cool. Is it 100% open now or do people just ascend and descend the same portion of the trail (as opposed to doing a full loop, which I understand is what the finished product will be…?). Is this the portion that is open:

http://www.trailforks.com/trails/worca-sproatt-descent-lord-of-the-squirrels/

EDIT - NVM, guess I should have just read the trailforks description:

"WORCA's showpiece trail has been under construction for the past 3 years and is now nearing completion. The RMOW is currently still working on the climbing route from the Flank into the Alpine, with planned completion in 2017. Eventually the climbing route will connect to the descent, however at this point access is only as up and down the trail and as such all users should be aware of both climbing and descending users. Always control your speed and be polite to everyone you meet, on wheels or feet."

Sept. 13, 2016, 3 p.m.

up and down is the official status at this point….I've done it via callaghan a couple weeks ago but the sproatt ridge trail is not complete and it requires some route finding and off trail travel. If you aren't familiar with the area up there I wouldn't recommend it, it's a bit confusing and way more varied terrain than a lot of people would probably expect.

Sept. 14, 2016, 10:47 a.m.

up and down is the official status at this point….I've done it via callaghan a couple weeks ago but the sproatt ridge trail is not complete and it requires some route finding and off trail travel. If you aren't familiar with the area up there I wouldn't recommend it, it's a bit confusing and way more varied terrain than a lot of people would probably expect.

When completed next year will the full trail start in the Callaghan and end on the Flank near the entrance to Working Class? Also, will Up, Up and Away (or a section thereof) be accessible from the trail?

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

Sept. 14, 2016, 10:52 a.m.

When completed next year will the full trail start in the Callaghan and end on the Flank near the entrance to Working Class? Also, will Up, Up and Away (or a section thereof) be accessible from the trail?

no, the climb actually starts just on Function side of Industrial Disease and will connect to the climb from the callaghan a few km from the CWA Sproatt cabin. UUAA will be very close to the trail, although it's a deeply rutted piece of shit compared to the worca descent.

Sept. 15, 2016, 10:10 a.m.

Where did you turn left? After you rode Kashmir, or after you rode Kush? And were you riding a gravel road for a while before getting to the trailhead?

After Kush. Yes, gravel road for a good couple of minutes. Trail might have been called downtown?

Sept. 15, 2016, 10:50 a.m.

Not sure what that would be, to be honest. There's a hiking trail off the gravel road when you go left after Kush- it takes you onto the double track that crosses Kaidenwood, sort of near Big Timber. Anyone else know?

Sept. 15, 2016, 11:21 a.m.

downtown, yes. been there for a couple years, only really completed this year and found out.

Sept. 15, 2016, 4:15 p.m.

downtown, yes. been there for a couple years, only really completed this year and found out.

Has it been found out enough that I can ask if the trail head is on Kushy Love, or the Microwave Tower Rd?

Sept. 15, 2016, 4:24 p.m.

Has it been found out enough that I can ask if the trail head is on Kushy Love, or the Microwave Tower Rd?

junction of home run and kadenwood ski outs, very obvious

Sept. 20, 2016, 7:26 p.m.

Wasps nesting inside a log right at the entrance to Rockwork Orange. Little buggers got me :swearing:

Sept. 21, 2016, 3:21 p.m.

Anyone know if any shops will still be renting XC/trail bikes on Thanksgiving weekend? Going to be up with a buddy I want to take on a few rips around Lost Lake but he doesn't own a mtn bike. I called Cross Country Connection but they have already stopped their rentals.

Figure it might be tough as demo/rental fleets are already being sold off..

Sept. 21, 2016, 3:56 p.m.

Anyone know if any shops will still be renting XC/trail bikes on Thanksgiving weekend? Going to be up with a buddy I want to take on a few rips around Lost Lake but he doesn't own a mtn bike. I called Cross Country Connection but they have already stopped their rentals.

Figure it might be tough as demo/rental fleets are already being sold off..

Most have sold their stuff, Evolution seems to have a XL Transition Smuggler available during that period.

https://evolutionwhistler.checkfront.com/reserve/