Whistler Trails 2019 (not WBP)

Aug. 25, 2020, 10:26 a.m.

Posted by: andy-eunson

Pretty sure “they” would prefer that people not use that trail.

Prolly shouldn't be on the map at the trail head then.....!

Aug. 26, 2020, 11:52 a.m.

Posted by: MaxRockatansky

Posted by: andy-eunson

Pretty sure “they” would prefer that people not use that trail.

Prolly shouldn't be on the map at the trail head then.....!

Well if the trail exists it should be on the map but labelled so people don’t get lost or use it. I rode a trail last week that I had not ridden before. There were numerous trails crossing it and I was on Trailforks at each intersection to make sure I was going the right way. None of those trails are on Trailforks.

Aug. 26, 2020, 4:13 p.m.

Have heard Up Up and Away is pretty steep/rowdy/rock rolls most of the way down (if you mtn bike down it) but have never ridden it. There's some videos of the lower section above Pigs on YouTube.

Bull_Dozer: It's for sure worth doing. As Kevin said, if you just do On the Rocks to LOTS and do not go to the summit look-out you will be OK (that loop only adds 5km but it's physical up and down). Take lots of food and water, take breaks when you need to and don't be afraid to hop off and push up the grunty parts of ITM. I find doing that lets me manage my heart rate/energy output better than staying on the bike and maxing out and needing more breaks. The LOTS descent is actually really fun I find (when it's dry, it was a mud bog last Sunday and a super physical 9km).

Aug. 27, 2020, 12:50 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Have heard Up Up and Away is pretty steep/rowdy/rock rolls most of the way down (if you mtn bike down it) but have never ridden it. There's some videos of the lower section above Pigs 

Can confirm it’s steep as fuck.

Aug. 27, 2020, 5:43 p.m.

It is the upper portion of Up Up And Away. Really steep and gnarly rolls. I did it a few weeks ago with a friend of mine.

Sept. 8, 2020, 5:12 p.m.

Had the pleasure of riding whistler for the first time in a couple of years. Went up comfortably numb to happy days then  over and kill me thrill me. What fun! I have to say, no one builds a trail like whistler. Thank you to the trailbuilders who don't dumb everything down.  Gotta say, some of the rock rolls seem a little more difficult than black but thats whistler for you. My wife who doesn't love rock rolls was happy to walk the couple that didn't sit right with her given how much fun she had on everything else. And I got to ride some of the rock rolls twice!