Whistler Trails 2019 (not WBP)

June 24, 2019, 9:01 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

Rode Missfire/Delayed Fuse, perfect on the trail bike, then went up to Kashmir, was in perfect shape so nice and grippy only dry at the bottom. First time up there, awesome trail with a bit more old school feeling in a good way. Line of Control riding really nice too, felt almost relaxing after Kashmir in terms of energy to ride it haha.

Did a quick Rockwork/Milkbar/Wizard lap this morning before going home... also first time and great tech riding.

Ya was up last week did Kashmir- line of control lap. First time down LOC. Love trails like that

June 26, 2019, 12:37 p.m.

LESS is now open. That’s the “shortcut” from Into The Mystic to Lord of the Squirrels.

June 27, 2019, 10:23 a.m.

Rode Missfire/Delayed Fuse, perfect on the trail bike, then went up to Kashmir, was in perfect shape so nice and grippy only dry at the bottom. First time up there, awesome trail with a bit more old school feeling in a good way. Line of Control riding really nice too, felt almost relaxing after Kashmir in terms of energy to ride it haha.

Did a quick Rockwork/Milkbar/Wizard lap this morning before going home... also first time and great tech riding.

Kashmir is definitely old skool. Probably 12+ years old? Todd likely knows actual numbers better than me but i have been riding that for at least 9 years (just checked old photos) and im sure it wasn't new then.

June 27, 2019, 12:57 p.m.

Posted by: nortonwhis

Kashmir is definitely old skool. Probably 12+ years old? Todd likely knows actual numbers better than me but i have been riding that for at least 9 years (just checked old photos) and im sure it wasn't new then.

Makes sense. Definitely want to ride Khyber all the way down later this summer. Cool vibe to be riding through such a great ski zone too since you kinda pass the Million Dollar exit on the way up to Kashmir if I am not mistaken.

July 10, 2019, 7:59 a.m.

So 'Middle of Nowhere', 'Kashmir' and 'Kush' are whistler trails and not part of WBP ? So I could climb the microwave tower access roads to them? Or is that stupid talk

July 10, 2019, 1:44 p.m.

You can go that way and access them, it's a grunt but doable.

July 10, 2019, 2:38 p.m.

Yes I’ve ridden up there too. It’s not a grunt though. It’s several grunts.

July 11, 2019, 11:08 a.m.

I climbed from bottom of Delayed Fuse to Kashmir, couple very steep pitches on that road that I pushed (props if you can climb it) took about 45 minutes. Creekside to MON looks painful.

July 11, 2019, 11:32 a.m.

I climbed from bottom of Delayed Fuse to Kashmir, couple very steep pitches on that road that I pushed (props if you can climb it) took about 45 minutes. Creekside to MON looks painful.

Done it a bunch. The last climb is bad but definitely do-able. Its no steeper than the climb to kashmir, i'd almost say they feel the same length... Bugs can be bad though.

July 11, 2019, 5:36 p.m.

Posted by: DanL

So 'Middle of Nowhere', 'Kashmir' and 'Kush' are whistler trails and not part of WBP ? So I could climb the microwave tower access roads to them? Or is that stupid talk

Getting the 1 ride top of the world ticket and going kyber pass to get there would be way more fun

July 11, 2019, 6:32 p.m.

Posted by: nortonwhis

Makes sense. Definitely want to ride Khyber all the way down later this summer. Cool vibe to be riding through such a great ski zone too since you kinda pass the Million Dollar exit on the way up to Kashmir if I am not mistaken.

Yes you ride up the bobsled track as we call it. It's a grunt to the top but well worth it.

July 15, 2019, 11:48 a.m.

Scheming to see if I can get a Whistler day in this weekend while inlaws are here... how's Khyber/MON riding? Would come up early and pedal Dark Crystal first then do TOTW/Khyber etc. assuming of course DC isn't too wet from mid-week rain that is forecast.

July 16, 2019, 1:45 p.m.

Looks like Into the Mystic/LOTS are open and RMOW has revealed the new Rush Hour and Last Call descent trails to/from On the Rocks. Looks like some sweet new additions, hope to get up and check em out this summer:

https://www.trailforks.com/region/westside-sproatt/

Is Pot of Gold another trail that Howler is working on? Description below, also great to see prominent NO E-BIKE messaging. Hope there's enforcement somehow:

Under Construction. Do Not Enter. RMOW constructed trail connecting With A Twist To the Ninja Lakes Loop through Rainbow Lake and Hanging Lake pass.

Disclaimer

UNDER CONSTRUCTION. NO E-BIKES, NO DOGS IN THE ALPINE.

Last edited by: grambo on July 16, 2019, 1:48 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
July 18, 2019, 3:43 p.m.

Looks like Into the Mystic/LOTS are open and RMOW has revealed the new Rush Hour and Last Call descent trails to/from On the Rocks. Looks like some sweet new additions, hope to get up and check em out this summer:

https://www.trailforks.com/region/westside-sproatt/

Is Pot of Gold another trail that Howler is working on? Description below, also great to see prominent NO E-BIKE messaging. Hope there's enforcement somehow:

Under Construction. Do Not Enter. RMOW constructed trail connecting With A Twist To the Ninja Lakes Loop through Rainbow Lake and Hanging Lake pass.

Disclaimer

UNDER CONSTRUCTION. NO E-BIKES, NO DOGS IN THE ALPINE.

Im debating creating an Ebike name and shame photo group on FB. There's a significant portion of older whistler locals (owners and employees of big shops) that i have seen riding e-bikes, and sneakily trying to sneak away when seen or deliberately try to block view of their bike.

July 18, 2019, 4:53 p.m.

I may ride up there just to tell the ebikes to foad. But that would be a sad state so I’ll just ride other places where I don’t see many people. Seriously though, with the new regulations that label ebikes as type 1,2 or 3, does that change the status in that section of alpine? I’m thinking no it does not change and ebike use is still prohibited by the MLFNR.