Whistler Trails 2019 (not WBP)

March 25, 2019, 6:04 a.m.

Just figured I'd get this started...

Haven't been to Whistler in a few years and it looks like I'll be staying south of Function in Pinecrest Estates for a bit this summer. Any worthwhile trails around there, or is my best bet to hitchhike into Creekside to get things started?

Thanks!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

March 25, 2019, 9:23 a.m.

just sea to sky trail, or some techy xc north of brandywine falls on west side of Cheakamus river.

May 26, 2019, 3:01 p.m.

Any bets on when LOTS might be good to go?

Similar with Micro Climate. I had heard it wasnt so far away before Worca updated the trail forks status to closed, but if closed for bears I don't have a lot of info on their habits.

May 26, 2019, 6:01 p.m.

Posted by: BeesIntheTrap

Any bets on when LOTS might be good to go?

Similar with Micro Climate. I had heard it wasnt so far away before Worca updated the trail forks status to closed, but if closed for bears I don't have a lot of info on their habits.

Good way to get an idea is scroll back to last year's reports, last year microclimate mid/late June, LOTS mid July

May 26, 2019, 10:06 p.m.

Microclimate is free of snow and running great.  No signs that it was closed.

May 27, 2019, 6:19 a.m.

Good way to get an idea is scroll back to last year's reports, last year microclimate mid/late June, LOTS mid July

Aye, did have a look at that, but with this years snow pack being a lot shallower I was thinking it might be gtg a little earlier. Then again, I suspect it'll also depend on how much remedial work needs done. 

Microclimate is free of snow and running great. No signs that it was closed.

Worca don't tend to put up signs but update trailforks

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/micro-climate/

May 27, 2019, 8:25 a.m.

I can see Sproat from my house. Still snowy.

May 28, 2019, 9:29 p.m.

Posted by: BeesIntheTrap

Aye, did have a look at that, but with this years snow pack being a lot shallower I was thinking it might be gtg a little earlier. Then again, I suspect it'll also depend on how much remedial work needs done.

Microclimate is free of snow and running great. No signs that it was closed.

Worca don't tend to put up signs but update trailforks

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/micro-climate/

no idea why the trail is closed... it's snow free, dry and only 1 tree down. If this was the down on the Coast, all the trails would be closed all the time.

Not all of us are on TrailForks.

Last edited by: LoamtoHome on May 28, 2019, 9:35 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
May 29, 2019, 7:06 a.m.

High traffic trail that doesn't deal with the rain that well and the builders and Worca would like to keep in reasonable condition. It gets a lot of snow melt and run off just due to it's location. It can also be closed at this time of year due to bear habitat. 

Trailforks should be the go to for everyone in the sea to sky for trail conditions imo. You don't even need to be a member to use it.

May 29, 2019, 6:34 p.m.

the only way to close a trail is to cover it up....  not everyone uses TrailForks.

June 3, 2019, 12:25 p.m.

Still 3 weeks away but anyone been up high lately on the Whistler side? I saw Kashmir is pretty much clear a few days ago... hoping Peak/TOTW open on schedule June 22, might be ambitious unless we get a heat wave?

June 19, 2019, 8:14 a.m.

June 22nd falls into the "not a chance" category

June 19, 2019, 11:36 a.m.

The neighbours were up at Brandywine meadows a few days ago. A couple feet of snow there still. That is just in the alpine too.

June 19, 2019, 1:54 p.m.

Thanks for the beta dudes... all good, will do a couple Garbo laps and maybe pedal up from bottom of Delayed Fuse to Kashmir/Line of Control. See how the trail bike handles things haha.

Last edited by: grambo on June 19, 2019, 1:54 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 24, 2019, 12:41 a.m.

Rode Missfire/Delayed Fuse, perfect on the trail bike, then went up to Kashmir, was in perfect shape so nice and grippy only dry at the bottom. First time up there, awesome trail with a bit more old school feeling in a good way. Line of Control riding really nice too, felt almost relaxing after Kashmir in terms of energy to ride it haha.

Did a quick Rockwork/Milkbar/Wizard lap this morning before going home... also first time and great tech riding.