Whistler trails 2017 (not the WBP)

Sept. 17, 2017, 11 a.m.

Rode Micro and Hey bud. lots of big loose rocks mid-trail on microclimate, pretty wild really, seemed much sketchier then Hey Bud to me.

Bud light has really bedded in nicely and is a bunch of fun these days. I know its a very different style to the upper half, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Sept. 18, 2017, 4:22 p.m.

@flip - saw your Trailforks report on LOTS. Is it going to remain open a bit longer (assuming snow melts out in the next few days)? Was planning on riding it one last time this Sunday if the forecast holds.

Sept. 19, 2017, 10:06 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

@flip - saw your Trailforks report on LOTS. Is it going to remain open a bit longer (assuming snow melts out in the next few days)? Was planning on riding it one last time this Sunday if the forecast holds.

yup, still open, and most of yesterdays snow has melted. should be good probably well into october, unless we start getting weeks of rain, but then you probably wouldn't want to be up there anyway! be sure to be prepared, shit changes fast up there this time of year.

Sept. 20, 2017, 11:03 a.m.

aaaand, a bunch more snow overnight....definitely keep an eye on the Roundhouse cam pointed towards Sproatt right now...I'd imagine it'll be gone again tomorrow and through the weekend, looks pleasant and sunny in the forecast.

Sept. 20, 2017, 1:58 p.m.

Posted by: FlipFantasia

aaaand, a bunch more snow overnight....definitely keep an eye on the Roundhouse cam pointed towards Sproatt right now...I'd imagine it'll be gone again tomorrow and through the weekend, looks pleasant and sunny in the forecast.

Thanks for the updates. Saw some pics of the snow line creeping down on Blackcomb this morning as well, but it seems to be melting up a bit. Will keep monitoring it... and I'm not ready for skiing yet.

Sept. 21, 2017, 3:18 p.m.

you could see snow at the top part of excel yesterday. That is the lowest i can remember seeing for this time of the year. 

Blackcomb was slippery last night, forgot how much fun wet roots are.

Sept. 24, 2017, 10:05 a.m.

Trail 102 and Kill Me Thrill Me are running real nice. Had a great time on an unmentionable on Blackcomb too.  Hey Bud was goodish too, but got more rain after my ride. Should be better now.

Saw a couple of ebikes on LOTS. Passed me while I was chilling on top of the hard Rock climb on Into the Mystic. Apologized for how awesome their life was and kept moving. A couple of old broads, and I think they were serious. Maybe the joke was lost on me?

Pemby is much improved over the last ten days too.