Whistler trails 2017 (not the WBP)

July 4, 2017, 7:21 p.m.

Posted by: FlipFantasia

Posted by: Thingy

Anyone know the cause of the fire on Sunday? Can you still ride Hey Bud, Micro, etc?

squatter trying to burn TP.....trails are open I believe, MC too after the spring closure/maintenance...

I rode Blackcomb today, they were putting the finishing touches on the fire clean up and its all good to go now. Rode all 3 today (mc, crazy train and hey bud) with my dfx groms, so stoked! Future is bright haha

Last edited by: Kevin26 on July 4, 2017, 7:22 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 9, 2017, 10:48 a.m.

Saw a pack of dfx'ers headed that way and was wondering what they were doing. My grom wants to ride Crazy Train but would have to tow him up there and probably still too small and addicted to the lifts. Good to hear, next year going to make him do dfx xc the first few days instead of straight to the bike park.

Last edited by: airwreck on July 9, 2017, 10:49 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 13, 2017, 7:49 p.m.

Finally hit some more trails outside the park and got a good glimpse at some real gnar by riding Gargamel and PHD (Pemberton). 

Would love to check out some more gnarly trails between Whistler and Pemberton, where should I begin?

July 14, 2017, 11:52 a.m.

Trespasser, yo momma (not sure if that ever gets ridden anymore), Diesel Wolf, bush doctor but its short.

July 14, 2017, 4:21 p.m.

How's the alpine melt going on Sproat? I saw Finestone posted on instagram that TOTW was snow down to RDS recently.

July 15, 2017, 12:24 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

How's the alpine melt going on Sproat? I saw Finestone posted on instagram that TOTW was snow down to RDS recently.

Worca put an update on trailforks, open to 1600m as an out n back, lots of snow in the alpine. It snowed a lot...

July 17, 2017, 9:38 a.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

Worca put an update on trailforks, open to 1600m as an out n back, lots of snow in the alpine. It snowed a lot...

Does that mean you can ride / push up LOTS to 1600m and turn around and ride down?

July 17, 2017, 10:37 a.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

Does that mean you can ride / push up LOTS to 1600m and turn around and ride down?

that's correct, watch for 2-way traffic and ride accordingly!

July 18, 2017, 11:53 a.m.

Is the plan to be able to ride up from Function (past Short Bus, etc.) to the top of LOTS and then descend? Or will there always be 2-way traffic on LOTS?

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

July 18, 2017, 9:24 p.m.

Is the plan to be able to ride up from Function (past Short Bus, etc.) to the top of LOTS and then descend? Or will there always be 2-way traffic on LOTS?

That is the plan and intended route when trails finished and snows gone. Two way traffic on the segment that goes from the lake to the weather station at the summit though.

July 19, 2017, 10:03 a.m.

there's a climbing trail that the RMOW has built into the alpine called Into the Mystic, from function it's the turn that would take you to Pigs, before Industrial...from Stonebridge there's a new connector from the bottom of LOTS that traverse/climbs to connect to Into the Mystic. In the alpine there's a trail (that still needs to be connected to LOTS) and also one that goes to Sproatt summit. They aren't on trailforks yet due to not being officially complete.

July 26, 2017, 10:19 p.m.

How would one rate the difficulty of LOTS both up and down? Going to be in Whistler for the long weekend and wondering if someone who can handle the Squamish Legacy climb and descent blues like Full/Half Nelson, Pseudo, Recycle etc. could handle it? I don't want to them to be walking the entirety up and down if it's a significant step up in tech difficulty, especially the descent. Fitness isn't an issue.

I realize Into the Mystic/On the Rocks are closed, so we would do LOTS out and back, turning around at wherever the closed sign is.

July 27, 2017, 8:09 a.m.

How would one rate the difficulty of LOTS both up and down? Going to be in Whistler for the long weekend and wondering if someone who can handle the Squamish Legacy climb and descent blues like Full/Half Nelson, Pseudo, Recycle etc. could handle it? I don't want to them to be walking the entirety up and down if it's a significant step up in tech difficulty, especially the descent. Fitness isn't an issue.

I realize Into the Mystic/On the Rocks are closed, so we would do LOTS out and back, turning around at wherever the closed sign is.

LOTS is stiff as a climb, but technically intermediate level. but yeah, if you can ride those Squamish trails this is right up that alley. closed sign is at treeline, so still pretty up there!

July 27, 2017, 11:08 a.m.

Posted by: FlipFantasia

LOTS is stiff as a climb, but technically intermediate level. but yeah, if you can ride those Squamish trails this is right up that alley. closed sign is at treeline, so still pretty up there!

Thanks Todd... looking forward to it. Forecast in Whistler is pretty hot into next weekend so hopefully the alpine is drying out nicely.

Aug. 3, 2017, 11:57 a.m.

Trailforks report by RMOW is saying the Sproatt network will be open August 4th with some snow patches at higher elevations. Surprised, from some Instagram pics last week it looked like there was a ton of snow up there.