whistler + shore on your own?

May 5, 2005, 1:51 a.m.

I'm coming to whistler and to ride the shore this summer from UK
maybe someone can help me answer these questions?
Is there much accommodation for single people?
where do I find some? Will I find somewhere if I just turn up? Or is that the expensive way to do things?
and is it worth staying somewhere with a workshop, or is it quick/easy having a shop keep your bike running
I want a few days at whistler(maybe longer),couple days squamish and a few days on the shore. Does this sound good?
I'll need guiding on the shore/squamish, but maybe do whistler on my own, find some people there to ride with

the hotels/sites all advertise rooms for 2/4 people, they don't do details for 1.
Can I arrange the squamish trip easily from whistler when I'm there in july/august? Or will I need to arrange/book it before?
Likewise with the shore?
I could arrange a shore trip with a company separately from here if that's best

thanks

May 5, 2005, 10:41 a.m.

do your reseach before you get here, Shoestring is cheap, most places can accomadate a single person just call the places, remember to tip your server and have a good time….make phone calls, easiest way to get things sorted….

mtbskierdad

May 5, 2005, 11:08 a.m.

In terms of accomodation, all depends on how much money you budget to spend taking into account how long you're staying.

Where ever you end up staying security is the biggest an issue if you're bringing your own bike/gear. Alot of bikes and gear gets stolen in these parts, especially Whistler. Just read the threads on this board and you'll see.

If your stuck looking for people to ride with feel free to PM me.

May 5, 2005, 1:47 p.m.

Stay tuned to here, I was talking with someone in employee housing a few days ago and they are going to open it to the public as a through the summer and it will be cheaper then anything else in the valley.

May 5, 2005, 1:57 p.m.

I read somewhere that shoestring wouldn't be open this year
I'd like to know about the employee housing situation, and if it's bookable in advance
I thought there might be a noticeboard, where you could find a place , once you got there

May 5, 2005, 3:28 p.m.

Here's the deal, call 604-938-7500 and talk to the WhistlerBlackcomb housing people about availability.

The price is $10.00 per night for shared accomodation.

The important thing is that a credit card is required for damage deposit.

Call for any questions and to get the details.

May 5, 2005, 5:19 p.m.

Just come on the board a few days before you get to Whistler, and you'll most likely find a bunch of people who will be here that day. Or, just ride with the first friendly person who you take the lift up with!

May 5, 2005, 7:47 p.m.

I'm sure if you post something a couple weeks before you come down you could find some people to ride Whistler, Squamish, and/or the Shore with if you don't want to pay to go with a company. And like Strawdawg said, you can always find someone in Whistler to ride with sometimes just by talking to'em on the lift.

Turnips anyone?

May 6, 2005, 1:41 a.m.

it would be great to arrange to ride squamish/the shore with people here.

will I find companies I can do these trips with in whistler,on the day as it were?

May 6, 2005, 2:21 a.m.

if you bring pre-roll's for the lift, you'll have all the friends you want! ;)

MMMmmmm… Riding

May 6, 2005, 5:41 a.m.

when you going to B.C. ?

we're flying out from UK on 1st July for 19 days of Whistler / North Van riding madness :) :)

pm me if you wanna ride with us out there!

Rob Cole

Mythic / Da Kine / Esher Shore / Freeborn

http://hampsteadbandit.blogspot.com/

May 6, 2005, 5:57 a.m.

Rob C, PMd you

May 6, 2005, 7:57 a.m.

http://www.hostelcanada.com/hosteldetails.php/HostelNumber.5379

http://www.hihostels.ca/hostels/BC/BCRegion/Whistler/Hostels/index.html

I am a vegetarian not because I love animals but because I HATE plants.

It could be worse…you could be on fire.

May 6, 2005, 11:36 a.m.

when you going to B.C. ?

we're flying out from UK on 1st July for 19 days of Whistler / North Van riding madness :) :)

pm me if you wanna ride with us out there!

Rob Cole

Hey dude, il be in whistler for 4 or five days longer when u arrive, ya wanna hook up ?

British Born, British Bred
Strong In The Arm, Thick In The Head

www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=247533

May 6, 2005, 11:52 a.m.

and dnt forget your insurance. :D …for the bike and u.

:high: :.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.: :high: