Whistler photographer wanted!

Sept. 12, 2009, 9:53 p.m.

Hey guys, Im riding Whistler a lot and I dont have any good picture of riding. I would like to get a good photographer, an avid rider who knows the bike park a lot, and can ride

Sept. 13, 2009, 5:57 p.m.

Hi, I'm looking for a very good plumber to spend the day with me at my house and my friend's house. I have a bunch of jobs I would like done. I'll pay for your copper piper and solder and buy you a 6 pack. Sound good?

It's really sad to see photography de-valued so much because of digital technology that people expect everything for basically free these days. Sigh. Pay the guy $25/hr (more like $50+) at least. He's doing a job, and should be compensated. How would you feel if someone asked you to work a day at your job for a 6 pack and a ride to work?

-getting off soapbox.

Sept. 13, 2009, 6:23 p.m.

There is always someone who will do it for less, some kid will say hey i take real good pics…get a free pass, food and a hang over.

But i always say you get what you pay for. And being in the trades people seem to really only care about the price these days…..not the finished product.

If OP was serious about quality he would interview and sample professional photogs and then…….pay up.

Sept. 13, 2009, 10:12 p.m.

You guys dont seem to understand, its not about money, I just want to get some pictures of me. Im not saying I want Sterling Lorence to take shots with me. Sure Im not rich, I just want to spend couple hours of my day with a cool photographer and biking, who will enjoy riding the mountain, taking pictures and may be even discover the mountain with me, Im a good guide.

There is still some people out there who loves what they do, that want to get better at photography, to practive their shots and discover their cameras, that want to help others, meet new friends and ride their bikes with new people.

This isnt about money, I dont bother to pay for my shots and their times, to the guys above me, I never said I wont pay for that, but sure I wont pay Joe-Blow $50 an hour to take couple pictures. Please keep your comments for yourselves, you arent concerned, if someone is interested in shooting he will let me know.

Sept. 13, 2009, 10:36 p.m.

Please keep your comments for yourselves, you arent concerned, if someone is interested in shooting he will let me know.

welcome to nsmb, I'm sure you'll get lots of help with your friendly attitude

you asked for a photographer to take pictures of you, a few people gave their opinion of what your post sounded like to them. That's how it works on a discussion forum.

Pro photographers usually charge around $500/day to shoot. Any photos you actually want cost over and above that.

You don't want a photographer, you want someone with a camera to haul their gear around the mountain to 24 different spots to take your picture? Good luck with that.

Sept. 13, 2009, 10:39 p.m.

You cant score if you don't shoot. I just recently took a similar approach as you looking for a video kid. Put it out there on the interweb to see who may bite. And i got some good leads,feedback and a great offer for what i am looking to accomplish. I also got some "comments" Its to be expected. I think it was the reference to wanting good photographer who can take good pictures that evoked the other posters response and my opinion.

welcome to the interweb

PS i am free Saturday :)

Sept. 13, 2009, 10:44 p.m.

so your asking some random photographers to come out and shoot photos of you for free, cause your last post seems to state its not about money. I have a 15 year old friend who shoots and is getting real good, he has takin some good shots of me during the Phat Wednesday races but I pay him when I see a good shot and want the hi res version. most people who are getting into shooting need coin to get better equipment so they can take better shots, therefore you may have a hard time convincing someone to slug their gear around for nothing…..and no offense but most local shooters already know the mountain well enough to not need a guide…..

mtbskierdad

Sept. 17, 2009, 10:47 p.m.

This thread is well orchistrated. I feel no need to chime in anything else.

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

Sept. 18, 2009, 11:02 a.m.

It's not about money to you, but it is to the guy that you are expecting to work for free

Sept. 18, 2009, 12:11 p.m.

Its' alot of work to shoot that mountain… to be honest, there isnt much on that mountain worth shooting.

Sept. 18, 2009, 12:24 p.m.

Its' alot of work to shoot that mountain… to be honest, there isnt much on that mountain worth shooting.

At the risk of arguing on the internet, c'mon, seriously? It's lift-accessed and packed full of fantastic shooting opportunities - I've made plenty of solid shots there and it's been tons easier than most locations.

Sept. 18, 2009, 1:59 p.m.

Gotta ask you providing transportation up to Whistler as well? Cause if you will and you will buy my day pass and beers I got a sweet Kodak disposable camera that I will use to come take some shots of you, but you gotta pay for the developing fee aswell and ya just totally ignore the naked photos of me on the roll.

Sept. 18, 2009, 2:21 p.m.

Couldn't you just ride with a friend and take turns shooting each other with a decent digital point and shoot? That's what I do……..but I'm no pro star

Sept. 18, 2009, 4:08 p.m.

At the risk of arguing on the internet, c'mon, seriously? It's lift-accessed and packed full of fantastic shooting opportunities - I've made plenty of solid shots there and it's been tons easier than most locations.

ppffffftttt what do you know you hack.

Sept. 18, 2009, 8:25 p.m.

ppffffftttt what do you know you hack.

yeah, this….get some skills, chump!