Whistler Group Lessons 2012

Dec. 22, 2011, 2:15 p.m.

Is that something that could be taught? Whips / tables etc.??

absolutely

The womens nights groups in the bike park are amazing for this kind of thing, I know one of them that started with B line and stuff and by the end of the summer were hitting most of the stuff in the park. Just need something like that for dudes.

Dec. 22, 2011, 4:27 p.m.

Is that something that could be taught? Whips / tables etc.??

DaveM is the teacher for this I hear.

Dec. 22, 2011, 6:33 p.m.

DaveM is the teacher for this I hear.

I found his instructional video to be a great starter. @ 2:13.

http://vimeo.com/6217339

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Dec. 22, 2011, 7:25 p.m.

absolutely

The womens nights groups in the bike park are amazing for this kind of thing, I know one of them that started with B line and stuff and by the end of the summer were hitting most of the stuff in the park. Just need something like that for dudes.

No where on earth will the value of the Whistler Ladies night be matched, especially for dudes.

Can a whip be taught? Kind of, I kinda trick people into doing them. It's a real feel thing and takes time that is for sure.

This concept that Kevin mentions with the ladies is part of how I like to work. Long term. I am not a fan of trying to cram it all into a lesson based format. Taking your riding to the next level while reducing the risk, takes a bit more time, and coaching.

Lots of good coaches/instructors out there, try a few on for size and go from there. Plenty of people that don't like my style, but the ones that do progress pretty fast!

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Dec. 22, 2011, 7:28 p.m.

Lots of good coaches/instructors out there, try a few on for size and go from there. Plenty of people that don't like my style, but the ones that do progress pretty fast!

Finding a good coach is Key. And there is always a point in your skill that is tough to crack without someone telling you objectively what you're doing wrong, and how to do it right.

And of course you letting yourself do it…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Dec. 22, 2011, 7:49 p.m.

ill coach you guys! first lesson is to see how much you can possibly drink on the gondola up, then after a short break for some whacky tabaccy we go rip down the garbo dh course. i bet all you guys will be throwing down 'whips' and gnarly bar turns…I bet you'll be going so fast and gnarly that you can barely stay on your bike

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

Dec. 22, 2011, 8:52 p.m.

^^^shhh don't blow my cover, I prefer FireBall to beers for the cold, rainy days.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Dec. 23, 2011, 11:38 a.m.

FYI, there are plans to have a guys night this coming season, though it will be most likely be a weekday.

Dec. 23, 2011, 2:45 p.m.

hey Mike, can you pm me about this, curious about that and some other things…might have to grab a coffee soon.

c

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Dec. 23, 2011, 3:07 p.m.

FYI, there are plans to have a guys night this coming season, though it will be most likely be a weekday.

FINALLY! Some respect for the hacks that keep WBP going…

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Dec. 23, 2011, 3:21 p.m.

Sounds promising!

Dec. 24, 2011, 12:37 a.m.

I thought the guys night was Phat/Phast Wednesdays…..

mtbskierdad

Dec. 25, 2011, 11:20 a.m.

^ It is for the racing crowd, both serious and not, but we were getting requests for an instruction/coaching based night. We were talking about having a pre Phat coaching group as well. I don't remember the exact details right now, but we were talking about Tuesdays.

Dec. 28, 2011, 9:09 a.m.

http://fluidride.com/instructionclinics/whistler-3-day-camps/

Dec. 28, 2011, 10:21 a.m.

Chris and Claire will be up in Whistler all season…
http://kovarikracing.com/