Whistler Crankworx fail. Heckler's rock cancelled?

Aug. 19, 2013, 11:45 a.m.

I think WB had a heads up that Safety was heading their way and the park employees were alerted. While legally they could not prevent him from boarding the gondola, it was easy to enforce the no hikers policy……sorry Safety, it would seem in this case its not a WB park fail….its a Safety fail. Next year try a hat and some shades and try to appear as though you're out to have fun.

Yes, let's make this personal. Stay classy Bryan.

You stay stoked when your family is turned away, you're dealing with a disappointed kid, all while just trying to do the same thing you've done each year for the past 10. Yes, some people made it up, but others didn't, and I'm one of the latter.

It's over, Crankworx is done. Aside from spectator issue (not drama as some make it out to be) it was better and more professional than ever.

Let's hope that next year they get their shit together and either let spectators access the locations, or tell people about the changes so they can plan accordingly. Not promote the crap out of it and let (some) people down upon arrival.

iforonewelcome.com

Aug. 19, 2013, 11:58 a.m.

whoa dude…I was sooo joking.

edit.like soooo joking.

like seriously joking.

you really should lighten up man

Aug. 19, 2013, 12:01 p.m.

how could you even construed that I was serious when I had the "WB had a heads up"

be thankful I don't have any PS skills as I wanted to make up a wanted poster saying keep an eye out for this guy on WB bike park letter head.

Aug. 19, 2013, 12:05 p.m.

on a serious note. curious why you would want to take your kid to "heckle rock" any how? is it for when they cheer "unt,unt,*unt" or the "show us your tits"?

Aug. 19, 2013, 12:16 p.m.

Bryan raises a good point, I could even only stand about 15 minutes before I moved down to the lower part of the course in the woods where it was much more traditional, ie. cowbells and screaming non-profane things.

Aug. 19, 2013, 12:17 p.m.

on a serious note. curious why you would want to take your kid to "heckle rock" any how? is it for when they cheer "unt,unt,*unt" or the "show us your tits"?

No shit right?!

I've got a personal pic similar to your avatar, Bryan.

Not as cool now :bandit:

Aug. 19, 2013, 12:22 p.m.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Heckle-Fest-Crankworx-Canadian-Open-DH.html

Safety was not here:ohthedrama:

This photo reminds me of why I don't like white males. Although I am a white male. I hate myself. I'm a stupid *unt.
:ohthedrama:

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 19, 2013, 12:22 p.m.

Bryan raises a good point, I could even only stand about 15 minutes before I moved down to the lower part of the course in the woods where it was much more traditional, ie. cowbells and screaming non-profane things.

last year I made it about 10 mins before moving to the woods section. This year I hung out at the second to last jump and I wont be doing that again. I think the section just before "little champery"(the steep section) is one of the best and most entertaining sections. Multiple lines choices, with a few "man up" lines….I'd say its the best section of the course.

Aug. 19, 2013, 12:30 p.m.

I guess you're never too young to learn….

Aug. 19, 2013, 12:35 p.m.

the tags in this thread are awesome haha

I ride bikes for nsmb.com, chromag, dissent labs, and I like to have fun! http://instagram.com/markymath

Aug. 19, 2013, 1:22 p.m.

Sorry, I took that way too personally. My apologies.

I didn't plan on heading to heckler's rock specifically, those days are behind me. There are plenty of other places in that area to watch. Normally we get to the start and make our way down (safely) stopping at different vantage points.

The turning away happened for the whip offs, and when I asked if spectators would also not be allowed up the gondola or allowed to hike up, they said yes, they'd be stopping people on the hike up and getting off mid station.

I tried to contact Whistler and Crankworx but didn't get a response. I suppose some would prefer I didn't pass on that information.

iforonewelcome.com

Aug. 19, 2013, 1:25 p.m.

it didn't seem to matter, as mentioned before, plenty of people getting off at mid-station and walking down the course yesterday…

Aug. 19, 2013, 2:12 p.m.

Perhaps you just didn't look enough like a drunken hooligan. Liftie ain't bothering to stop and hassle a group of loud drunken aussie/brit seasonals.

Maybe the liftie just thought the clean cut family from Vancouver was lost and actually meant to go all the way to the top to see the wonderful Peak to Peak.

Aug. 19, 2013, 2:32 p.m.

Too funny, while I positive repped safety, he neg repped me. Lol.

Aug. 19, 2013, 3:23 p.m.

Too funny, while I positive repped safety, he neg repped me. Lol.

To be fair, that was well before you repp'd me.

iforonewelcome.com