Whistler Crankworx fail. Heckler's rock cancelled?

Aug. 19, 2013, 3:32 p.m.

Oh I just think its funny that ya neg repped me.

Aug. 19, 2013, 5:30 p.m.

last year I made it about 10 mins before moving to the woods section. This year I hung out at the second to last jump and I wont be doing that again. I think the section just before "little champery"(the steep section) is one of the best and most entertaining sections. Multiple lines choices, with a few "man up" lines….I'd say its the best section of the course.

We did the family hike and followed much of the advice given on page 1.

Started at the base to watch the women come in. Then headed up to the road gap section to see the four consecutive hits. Then followed the course up through the gnar between Rock City and Lower Joyride. That was the most awesome section. From the steep fall away before the road gaps to the off camber chunder corners above. We watched a good half of the mens' carnage through there. Then we hit the gap jump under Fitz for a few riders. And finished our hike at the bottom of the Schleyer drop under the chair where we could watch the shenanigans of Heckler's rock from a safe distance and see that awesome step down gap.

Got some shockingly ok cell phone shots. Kids were inspired. I was in awe.

Aug. 21, 2013, 6:21 p.m.

My son and I rode b-line and checked out a lot of the racing. There were tons of hikers, even for the lesser races during the week.
Like honky said, it was inspiring for the little guy to see the racers hit the track. But nothing beat riding the chairlift while the joyride guys were hitting the boneyard. That was a great experience for the little guy. Me too ;)

Aug. 21, 2013, 6:47 p.m.

It's gonna be a gong show.Oops wrong thread,meant the iron man thingy.

Aug. 21, 2013, 6:51 p.m.

Maybe I'm getting older but this crankworx seemed a little out of control. There was a group of 17 year old girls pretty much stripping in our area during the slopestyle. One blind drunk dude fell into my buddy with a broken collarbone. Heckle rock seemed a little more rowdy than usual. Just a busier more out of control vibe this year. It made me think of the Merritt music festival, got so big they had to gear down.

Aug. 21, 2013, 7:09 p.m.

I did hear that the med clinic was overfilled with injured riders. Some suggestion that the clinic was going to petition for changes so that they could better handle the number of injuries.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Aug. 21, 2013, 9:39 p.m.

I did hear that the med clinic was overfilled with injured riders. Some suggestion that the clinic was going to petition for changes so that they could better handle the number of injuries.

there were a ton of DNS racers on the Canadian Open results….the rain during the week probably had something to do with it, from dust to grease in a few days probably caught a few guys out….expecially those from out of town how aren't used to that type of change like the locals….

mtbskierdad