whistler bike park gets a change of face

March 10, 2008, 11:47 p.m.

Yep… You have the right to ride your bike, only if your supervisor told you so (trying a line, a stunt or a jump)… other wise your off insurance and stuff.

WE DESIGN I WE BUILD = YOU ENJOY

March 12, 2008, 10:38 p.m.

Dude, that is the most painful thing I have ever tried to read.
And your saying that park employees are not allowed to ride the park while on the clock? Is that what I'm getting from that?

lifties are not allowed to ride their bikes in the park while at work.

here to ride but i'm to busy building

March 13, 2008, 12:49 p.m.

No wonder they call it work.

March 13, 2008, 2:57 p.m.

Why the heck is that a problem?

total scam. he put food before beer.

March 13, 2008, 7:23 p.m.

so then it would be fair to say that any lifty in the winter or on the glacier in the summer shouldnt be allowed to ski or board while on the mtn? except for getting to their lifts.

March 13, 2008, 7:34 p.m.

so then it would be fair to say that any lifty in the winter or on the glacier in the summer shouldnt be allowed to ski or board while on the mtn? except for getting to their lifts.

I dont see a problem? Last time I checked, they weren't paying the lifties to play on the job…..

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

March 13, 2008, 7:48 p.m.

My guess for teh reasoning on the 'no ride for lifties on shift' subject is that a lifty that is expected to offload a bike at the top and gets a mechanical or injured could be held up for a long, long time or not be able to work at all. No one to off load your bikes would end the whole process real soon. Not to mention liabilaty of no lifty at the bottom to upload and monitor safety.

WTF, Over?

March 14, 2008, 9:57 a.m.

Toms a cool guy and he does a great job, But Id be stoked to see another persons take on what can be done with whistler

Agreed. I think tom did a great job, but as with all things creative, another influence can be a good thing.

March 14, 2008, 10:58 a.m.

dangerous dan should manage it

March 14, 2008, 12:09 p.m.

its very common for staff in skateparks and dirt jump parks to be banned from riding during work hours

a couple of years back, i was co-managing London's premier skatepark and we had a work experience kid start work

within 1/2 hour he had fallen off his skateboard and broken his arm, which didn't just take him off the staff roster but another member of staff to take him to hospital (he wasn't local to the area) and i ended up running the park by myself for the morning, which kinda breached our H[HTML_REMOVED]S terms

Mythic / Da Kine / Esher Shore / Freeborn

http://hampsteadbandit.blogspot.com/

March 14, 2008, 2:23 p.m.

and i ended up running the park by myself for the morning, which kinda breached our H[HTML_REMOVED]S terms

That's when you lock the front up and just use the skate park until another co-worker shows up so you are not breaching your H[HTML_REMOVED]S terms :)

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

March 16, 2008, 12:46 a.m.

your not understanding me, your lunch break is ur time not paid not covered by liability, so u should be free to do as u please, obviously showing some responsibility and not riding black trails or using designated runs like we did in winter!

March 16, 2008, 9:39 a.m.

Well it is a LUNCH break, and surely by the time you've eaten, got changed, gone up on the lift, ridden down, got changed again etc, you'll only have time for one run, so what's the point? As for being 'responsible', B Line is the trail that has taken me out on a number of occasions simply because it is cruisy and I get bored / lose concentration. Outside the Park I've ridden down Gargamel with no worries then crashed riding over some piss easy wooden bridge at the bottom, again through not concentrating and cut myself up quite nicely. So using these examples, WBP presumably doesn't have a reserve of lifties lying around during lunch breaks in case the ones on lunch brain themselves.

But more importantly replace the WBP bears with cows……

treezz
wow you are a ass

March 16, 2008, 10:27 a.m.

If you work in the bike park and you are on lunch(in uniform) you can only stick to blue's, not in uniform, your good to go, but it is your ass if you injure yourself. As for Pro leaving the bike park, I have heard nothing of this and i Get all Company e-mails about such things. So i will say it is offically a rumor.
Jeremy Roche changes positions tho, for those of you who know he was before.

WhistlerActionCams.com

March 16, 2008, 5:47 p.m.

I have heard Tom was one of the main reasons why backflips were allowed at Crankworx. He petitioned hard to allow them in competition, despite overwhelming pressure from Whister Blackcomb's insurance company.

If Tom leaves, we may see a change in the regulations that govern Crankworx competition. The backflip may be banned from slopestyle competion, thus making Timo Pritzel, Andreu Lecondeguy and Paul Bas' entry into Crankworx a complete waste of time!