whistler bike park gets a change of face

March 10, 2008, 12:13 a.m.

why would I get pissed off about this? I think it's in poor taste to cause unfounded e-spec when there has not been an official statement though….

thats exactly what i mean, you dislike it strongly whenever i have something to say when there isnt "something official" said yet. if its going around that hes moving on, then why not talk about it and praise him for all the good things he has done for the bike park and ignore all the negativities. but like i said u know how i feel about him so in poor taste means nothing to me in reference to that. the park is awesome, im sure what he did was awesome, and im sure whoever follows in his job will do just as good if not better.

here to ride but i'm to busy building

March 10, 2008, 12:50 a.m.

thats exactly what i mean, you dislike it strongly whenever i have something to say when there isnt "something official" said yet. if its going around that hes moving on, then why not talk about it and praise him for all the good things he has done for the bike park and ignore all the negativities. but like i said u know how i feel about him so in poor taste means nothing to me in reference to that. the park is awesome, im sure what he did was awesome, and im sure whoever follows in his job will do just as good if not better.

Why not wait for an official report? then we could discuss and give our thoughts on the situation if there is even one. We would be discussing the work he did in the past anyways so if it is now or 2 weeks from now when you post this, it wouldn't change the opinions of the people on the board….

Maybe, there hasn't been an official press release yet because he (or the mountain) doesn't want to release this info yet. If you really do respect all of the work he has done, then show some respect to him. If I were you, I would not have even made this thread out of respect for his privacy.

I have the slight feeling that it is a lame attempt at trying to seem like you are in with the "crew" and know what is happening in the scene, when from my understanding your only really "in" is the fact you live in Whistler (and work at IGA of course). All I have ever seen you put out into the world is wrong information, and at that, very hard to understand/ poorly written info at that.

Disclaimer
Sorry, I'm a little grumpy. I had a long day on the mountain and I have a final in Risk Management tomorrow which I am not prepared enough for. (I hate insurance and am now terrified of being a guide).

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

March 10, 2008, 5:33 a.m.

It is in extreme poor taste to post rumours about a person's personal business on a website catering to the market that he works in.

If you had any respect at all,you would remove this thread and let Tom speak for himself when and if he wants to.

Pastor of Muppets

March 10, 2008, 7:05 a.m.

If the buzz is flying around the Village, I see no problem with a post here.

If the buzz has been confined to official meetings and official people, I don't think it should be posted here.

March 10, 2008, 8:09 a.m.

motorp

March 10, 2008, 8:25 a.m.

If the buzz is flying around the Village, I see no problem with a post here.

If the buzz has been confined to official meetings and official people, I don't think it should be posted here.

Exactly. Anyone who has spent some time living in Whistler knows that word travels extremely fast there. Something can come up in a meeting on Monday and be completely spread around town by Tuesday.

Someone has a man crush.

March 10, 2008, 3:48 p.m.

It will come out eventually.

Tom Pro is leaving Whistler to pursue his dream of participating in the Tour du France in 2008.

He's leaving for Texas soon, since all the powder is gone now anyway, to train with Lance Armstrong who has agreed to train Tom in the fulfillment of his dream.

Once it gets warmer I'm sure he'll get the bib shorts out so all of you can see how is training is coming along!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

March 10, 2008, 4:05 p.m.

wow not the best picture of him… I really prefer the hedgehog one…

WE DESIGN I WE BUILD = YOU ENJOY

March 10, 2008, 4:09 p.m.

is it april 1st already ???

wow that came up fast

March 10, 2008, 4:49 p.m.

It will come out eventually.

Tom Pro is leaving Whistler to pursue his dream of participating in the Tour du France in 2008.

He's leaving for Texas soon, since all the powder is gone now anyway, to train with Lance Armstrong who has agreed to train Tom in the fulfillment of his dream.

Once it gets warmer I'm sure he'll get the bib shorts out so all of you can see how is training is coming along!

Nice photo Sharon! I look like shit!
Lance and I are super tight, tight like my shorts.

TomPro

March 10, 2008, 9:30 p.m.

Why not wait for an official report? then we could discuss and give our thoughts on the situation if there is even one. We would be discussing the work he did in the past anyways so if it is now or 2 weeks from now when you post this, it wouldn't change the opinions of the people on the board….

Maybe, there hasn't been an official press release yet because he (or the mountain) doesn't want to release this info yet. If you really do respect all of the work he has done, then show some respect to him. If I were you, I would not have even made this thread out of respect for his privacy.

I have the slight feeling that it is a lame attempt at trying to seem like you are in with the "crew" and know what is happening in the scene, when from my understanding your only really "in" is the fact you live in Whistler (and work at IGA of course). All I have ever seen you put out into the world is wrong information, and at that, very hard to understand/ poorly written info at that.

Disclaimer
Sorry, I'm a little grumpy. I had a long day on the mountain and I have a final in Risk Management tomorrow which I am not prepared enough for. (I hate insurance and am now terrified of being a guide).

dude this is a public forum u can say whatever u want and i can say whatever i want thats the idea, if you'd like to strike at my credibility please feel free as i have no clue who u are and wont judge u on it. if u think cause i work at iga i have a clouded idea of whats going on thats wrong, and has nothing to do with it, nor does the fact that i hauled bikes for a whole summer myself, but now lifties arent allowed to use the bike park when they work, so i moved on to something better.
im not denying it may be in bad taste to bring this to an open forum but it was brought to me and i like to share thats what i learned in beavers at least. yep tom and his team did a lot of good work and the trail crew has done amazing work over the years, so im stoked for that. this is an open forum and if he'd like to ad something, hes more than welcome if he has something to say to me directly then he can pm me, or meet me in person but i doubt he'd do that, its not in his nature from my experience.
as for privacy well when ur in a very public job with very much public relations oriented job description, its open to argument, discussion and interpretation. nm freedom of speech.
and i am in no way trying to make it seem like im in "THE CREW" cause i most certainly am not, and nor do i want to be. i was given info on it from a friend who isnt in whatever crew ur referring too, and im sure his feelings are different than mine, but thats the way the shit drops.

here to ride but i'm to busy building

March 10, 2008, 10 p.m.

While you're there, is cheese still really expensive in Whistler?

treezz
wow you are a ass

March 10, 2008, 10:04 p.m.

While you're there, is cheese still really expensive in Whistler?

Given how its astronomically expensive cheese is in Canada in general I'm going to say yes.

I ride Bikes

March 10, 2008, 10:07 p.m.

That's what Tom Pro should do……put half of WBP back to pasture. The price of cheese is frankly an embarrassment…

treezz
wow you are a ass

March 10, 2008, 10:09 p.m.

dude this is a public forum u can say whatever u want and i can say whatever i want thats the idea, if you'd like to strike at my credibility please feel free as i have no clue who u are and wont judge u on it. if u think cause i work at iga i have a clouded idea of whats going on thats wrong, and has nothing to do with it, nor does the fact that i hauled bikes for a whole summer myself, but now lifties arent allowed to use the bike park when they work, so i moved on to something better.
im not denying it may be in bad taste to bring this to an open forum but it was brought to me and i like to share thats what i learned in beavers at least. yep tom and his team did a lot of good work and the trail crew has done amazing work over the years, so im stoked for that. this is an open forum and if he'd like to ad something, hes more than welcome if he has something to say to me directly then he can pm me, or meet me in person but i doubt he'd do that, its not in his nature from my experience.
as for privacy well when ur in a very public job with very much public relations oriented job description, its open to argument, discussion and interpretation. nm freedom of speech.
and i am in no way trying to make it seem like im in "THE CREW" cause i most certainly am not, and nor do i want to be. i was given info on it from a friend who isnt in whatever crew ur referring too, and im sure his feelings are different than mine, but thats the way the shit drops.

Dude, that is the most painful thing I have ever tried to read.
And your saying that park employees are not allowed to ride the park while on the clock? Is that what I'm getting from that?

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..