whistler bike park gets a change of face

March 8, 2008, 1:27 p.m.

i know this may piss a few people off and im not starting any rumours, but i have been told that Whister Blackcomb, are currently looking for a new Bike Park Manager to replace Tom Prochazka. and he is no longer the manager of the bike park. im very surprised i thought he was unmovable from that spot, big force in whistler and in the world with bike park consultation, but maybe theres more money for him taking that route. anyways u all know how big of a fan i was of tom, so from that standpoint i wish him well and look forward to someone new.

e

here to ride but i'm to busy building

March 8, 2008, 7:10 p.m.

I think we need conformation, if it's true I'm shocked.

March 8, 2008, 7:36 p.m.

wow bad move by whistler if it was there choice, either way whichever bikepark he moves onto work with is gonna be a whole lot more kickass

March 8, 2008, 8:09 p.m.

Too bad if true…he has done a an ubelievable job so far. Hopefully it is because a even better opourtunity awaits him. I have some fear that Whistler is aiming to make it as an elitist, super expensive resort and that may not inclue a large majority of the bike park seasons pass holders.

WTF, Over?

March 8, 2008, 8:13 p.m.

Please don't say that you're not starting rumours and then start one. It's like saying: "Not to be rude, but you suck". If you're going to start a rumour, start one, if you're going to be rude, be rude. Maybe what you say is true, I have no idea, this is just a pet peeve of mine.

welcome to the bottom of my post.

March 8, 2008, 8:14 p.m.

Tom is the Whistler bike park.

March 8, 2008, 10:16 p.m.

Toms a cool guy and he does a great job, But Id be stoked to see another persons take on what can be done with whistler

March 9, 2008, 1 a.m.

Too bad if true…he has done a an ubelievable job so far. Hopefully it is because a even better opourtunity awaits him. I have some fear that Whistler is aiming to make it as an elitist, super expensive resort and that may not inclue a large majority of the bike park seasons pass holders.

Have you ever been to Whistler, we are about being the best in the world here, its already one of the most expensive places to visit in the world….

mtbskierdad

March 9, 2008, 10:25 a.m.

To keep this from getting stupid, I will comment with what I've been told.

Nothing is official yet and I'm sure Tom will post here when anything is, but Tom is planning on leaving the managers position. He is not leaving the bike park and will still be involved in the parks developement. The managers position has not been posted yet, but there has been talk about who might apply, that is all.

Tom leaving the managers position would be Tom's choice and he would be moving onto bigger projects.

March 9, 2008, 12:57 p.m.

To keep this from getting stupid, I will comment with what I've been told.

Nothing is official yet and I'm sure Tom will post here when anything is, but Tom is planning on leaving the managers position. He is not leaving the bike park and will still be involved in the parks developement. The managers position has not been posted yet, but there has been talk about who might apply, that is all.

Tom leaving the managers position would be Tom's choice and he would be moving onto bigger projects.

That's what I heard. Someone mentioned that he might plan on developing a bike park someplace else.

http://www.whistlermountainbike.com
http://www.motionmtb.com/

March 9, 2008, 1:20 p.m.

Please don't say that you're not starting rumours and then start one. It's like saying: "Not to be rude, but you suck". If you're going to start a rumour, start one, if you're going to be rude, be rude. Maybe what you say is true, I have no idea, this is just a pet peeve of mine.

i was just saying for some people it would piss them off to see this on nsmb like maybe flip or motorp. and well suck it up princess cause ur the one being rude and you probably suck too for being to judgemental!

here to ride but i'm to busy building

March 9, 2008, 2 p.m.

People move on and do other things, it's a part of life and a huge part of growing in your career. I'm sure he's moving on to bigger and better things (if he is indeed leaving).

He's done soo much for the park, but he isn't THE park so I'm sure things will be just as good or better (again, if he is indeed leaving).

Someone has a man crush.

March 9, 2008, 4:51 p.m.

Tom has done a tremendous job of balancing the needs and desires of the riding community with the realities of the Intrawest corporate machine. Not an easy task

March 9, 2008, 7:37 p.m.

why would I get pissed off about this? I think it's in poor taste to cause unfounded e-spec when there has not been an official statement though….

March 9, 2008, 9:42 p.m.

If he's not managing the park, just means he can get even more laps in…

mtbskierdad