Whistler Bike Park 2015

Sept. 26, 2015, 6:13 p.m.

Also, lower canadian open… closed because of the boggy corner? I hope it opens again before the season is done, it's the best way down.

Sept. 26, 2015, 8:17 p.m.

Mega fun on the blue / single black tech trails today. The double blacks were a bit sloppy and slippery to be fun I think.
The exposed flow trails were tacky as hell, but ran a little slow. Some of the corners were…. juicy.

Either way, good day for my last Whistler trip of the year :D

Sept. 26, 2015, 9:43 p.m.

Lower Whistler downhill: maintenance on fade away. Should have opened by 11. Sorry if it didn't, communication breakdown.

Upper joyride: maintenance. Focused around the area above Mcskimming's rock, just below where joyride and shleyer kiss above the rock garden. Tranny's for all!

Lower Canadian open has a severe water problem that requires a big fix. Patrol aren't comfortable with it, so it's closed for the time being. Sorry.

Sept. 26, 2015, 10:39 p.m.

Lower Whistler downhill: maintenance on fade away. Should have opened by 11. Sorry if it didn't, communication breakdown.

Upper joyride: maintenance. Focused around the area above Mcskimming's rock, just below where joyride and shleyer kiss above the rock garden. Tranny's for all!

Lower Canadian open has a severe water problem that requires a big fix. Patrol aren't comfortable with it, so it's closed for the time being. Sorry.

Cheers!

Sept. 27, 2015, 10:22 a.m.

Reroute to the way it used to be maybe? Those two new berms are pretty sweet though.(the ruts after were pretty scary, especially the first time) Hopefully its back open again at some point this year.

Sept. 27, 2015, 5:53 p.m.

Sweet baby jesus she got busy at noon.

Nickel, any chance the new Una section will dry enough to open tomorrow?

Sept. 27, 2015, 6:16 p.m.

Nice weather in Sept + Oct is always super busy!

Sept. 27, 2015, 7:02 p.m.

It was crazy busy today. But great conditions nevertheless.

This week is looking amazing too, our last week here and the weather has turned, which is great :)

Garbo was a bit of a swamp today, one lap and didn't bother again, lots of closures too I guess due to the weather.

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

Sept. 27, 2015, 9:30 p.m.

Sweet baby jesus she got busy at noon.

Nickel, any chance the new Una section will dry enough to open tomorrow?

Was open this afternoon. This isn't the first time you've had bad luck I think…

Sept. 27, 2015, 11:34 p.m.

Was open this afternoon. This isn't the first time you've had bad luck I think…

Most excellent. Glad I'll be able to get some sweet, smooth big ass berm action tomorrow.

Sept. 28, 2015, 6:32 a.m.

I'd like to take a moment to kindly ask for everyone's help. I'll go out on a limb and say the fine folks of the nsmb forums are too evolved, cultured and respectful for something like poaching closed trails. This is not the case for everyone however. If you see someone poaching a closure, kindly tell them how incredibly dumb and frustrating they're being.

I understand it might be a bit frustrating this time of year. As we go about rebuilding things in the fall, the weather sometimes means closures can be extended for days, weeks, sometimes even the rest of the season. Understand that rebuilt trails often have dirt mined, transported and applied for days by hand.

We check on these closures daily to make sure the trail hasn't dried out to the point of opening, but when it's still wet, it stays closed. We are now spending hours out of our days repairing mud damage from people who've gone around double or triple closures, on trails we've already worked on and have yet to open! If things could dry out with a nice shape it would be awesome, if they dry out full of foot deep mud ruts, that will suck for everyone.

If you see this behavior, please be kind enough to tell the person they're being a cunt. We would appreciate you for all eternity.

Sept. 28, 2015, 7:22 a.m.

people are dumb, and I'm not sure why one would've wanted to go on a freshly worked trial this weekend knowing they were so wet and goopy….dumb people are dumb

Sept. 28, 2015, 9:43 a.m.

Yeah, lots of closures up top yesterday for obvious reasons. Even some of the stuff that was open was questionable in terms of taking care of the new work, but i'm sure it was a balancing act.

Subsequently the lower mountain was busy. Gondi was ok as an alternative. We were jealous as the boy was in DFX and they were pounding out the laps and focussing on tech single track yesterday while we waited in line….

Great lower mountain conditions however. DM was running so fast and buff, as was the Orient Express. If it stays dry, i look forward to the work on the Upper Mountain as it "re"-opens.

Sept. 28, 2015, 12:39 p.m.

What a great weekend, I had a friend visiting who had never been to Whistler or ridden a DH bike and needless to say he was blown away by the whole thing. We stayed on Fitz Saturday and other than the rain first thing and at lunch it was solid riding all day, didn't really have any grip issues other than a comical crash off the back on Lower Whistler DH. Sunday we went up high to avoid the crazy lines and it was very muddy in places (upper Una Moss, upper No Joke and parts of BV). Duffman at the end of the day had a river running down the trail in the middle section which added some fun challenge to it and also lots of boggy puddles toward the end right before the speedway section.

New Una Moss section: two thumbs up nickel and crew. Those berms are damn near perfect and flow so well plus it was pretty dry, glad to see it not getting destroyed. Sorry to hear you guys are dealing with chuckleheads riding closures. I doubt it will help but maybe in future years the closure signage could have a message that riding trails under construction damages them and delays opening.

I thought I was done for the season but I have a tab open on WB's website adding more days to my card :D Forecast for next weekend is too tempting to pass up.

Sept. 28, 2015, 4:45 p.m.

Epic conditions at the weekend. Garbo was fun on Sunday if a little wet in places. Una Moss berms are indeed fun.

A buddy of mine had a crash at the beginning of Afternoon Delight. He aired at speed into the rock face and the front tire slid away. He was OK just badly knocked, but it could have been much worse. There was a sharp triangular rock that faces up the trail, just to the right at the bottom of the rock face. If he had hit that he would have been in hospital for sure I wanted to move the rock out of the way but was unsure if I might get in trouble by patrol if seen.

It would be good if you could look into that Nickel.