Whistler Bike Park 2015

June 26, 2015, 8:46 p.m.

A large group of us are planning a trip up to Whistler Bike Park. Unfortunately, the date everyone settled on is 3 days after Crankworx happens. Can someone chime in on what trail conditions are like before and after Crankworx? We might be able to delay the trip by a week or 2 max. If you guys think that is enough time to improve trail conditions. Or do you think it's fine and it won't be that bad. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

June 26, 2015, 9:05 p.m.

A large group of us are planning a trip up to Whistler Bike Park. Unfortunately, the date everyone settled on is 3 days after Crankworx happens. Can someone chime in on what trail conditions are like before and after Crankworx? We might be able to delay the trip by a week or 2 max. If you guys think that is enough time to improve trail conditions. Or do you think it's fine and it won't be that bad. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Based on past history, I'd say the trails are typically in pretty rough shape right after Crankworx. But that said, the Park Crew seem to become more and more superhuman with each passing season when it comes to trail fixes, mods and rebuilds. Depends on what you like too. The flow/jump trails are highest maintenance and most susceptible to wear and damage, but if you like being challenged on the gnar/technical/more natural terrain stuff, especially in the Garbanzo zone, you probably won't be as bothered by the wear-and-tear.

June 26, 2015, 10:13 p.m.

it took me more than a few attempts, but now that I have the run in speed dialed I have to say I giggle like a little school girl when I hit the huge table on A-Line after the big berms just above the boneyard, just, so fun….that and the bridge table on lower a-line, just the best lip and long landing, perfect for crankin' table tops!

June 27, 2015, 8:21 a.m.

Anyone hear anything about upper freight train? Think it'll be open by July 6?

June 27, 2015, 9:21 a.m.

The drop has always been rollable. The dirt starts maybe a foot further up, but two pretty key trees got removed from literally IN the landing. Run out is wider.

Those trees were terrifying. any kind of squirrely action and all i did was stare at them instead of trying to make the berm.

June 27, 2015, 4:31 p.m.

Anyone know what trails will be affected by the bc cup dh Sunday? Can't seem to find info, wondering if I should make the trip.

June 27, 2015, 5:37 p.m.

Anyone know what trails will be affected by the bc cup dh Sunday? Can't seem to find info, wondering if I should make the trip.

joyride/schleyer/lwd/drc

June 27, 2015, 6:33 p.m.

joyride/schleyer/lwd/drc

So…. basically the best lap in the park? :D

June 27, 2015, 10 p.m.

I thought DM to Del Boca to Aline was the best lap in the park!!

June 27, 2015, 10:38 p.m.

I thought DM to Del Boca to Aline was the best lap in the park!!

I wouldn't disagree with that…although I really like b-line/funshine/smoke[HTML_REMOVED]mirros/bluesium a lot too….

June 28, 2015, 11:06 a.m.

New mid-aline is lots of fun. Big, sweet and fresh berms. Won't be back until Friday so I hope they last until then.

The trail crew standing on the small table must have bore witness to many a fine case (mine included) first thing in the morning… The drop seems to have way less of a g-out now.

And to the guy who lead his joey friend in to the Aline poach entrance, you're a c*nt.

June 28, 2015, 5:02 p.m.

The berm after the drop is producing the biggest roosts i've ever seen

June 28, 2015, 7:05 p.m.

The boy and his Sunday DFX group hot the new a-line 3 times today and he was pretty pumped about it. They were pre-jumping it and trying to land deep. He was clearing the smaller table after the drop but didn't go for the large. He thought it looked bigger than the old large. His coach hit it no issue.

He was noting that b-line might as well include shovels and a pail, as it's more like a sandbox.

If it rains a bit tomorrow, I'll go check it out in the evening after work with him as my guide.

June 28, 2015, 7:26 p.m.

He was clearing the smaller table after the drop but didn't go for the large. He thought it looked bigger than the old large. His coach hit it no issue.

The large is very easy to clear… I just took it very easy on my first go through.

Get there while the berms are in the amazing shape they're in..

June 28, 2015, 7:28 p.m.

The boy and his Sunday DFX group hot the new a-line 3 times today and he was pretty pumped about it. They were pre-jumping it and trying to land deep. He was clearing the smaller table after the drop but didn't go for the large. He thought it looked bigger than the old large. His coach hit it no issue

Grew from 33 to 37 but got easier due to large amounts of bed rock having been convinced to depart. Also, having a take off wider than handlebars helps. You don't even need to go fast off the drop, just no brakes through the corner.