Whistler Bike Park 2015

June 12, 2015, 11:09 p.m.

Gondola according to Brian. Blog.

June 14, 2015, 3:05 p.m.

It looks like they've closed that hip down FYI

They've rebuilt the hip. It's bigger now. I'm really enjoying the track.

Lowest Canadian Open was closed all day. Does anyone know why?

June 14, 2015, 7:55 p.m.

They've rebuilt the hip. It's bigger now. I'm really enjoying the track.

Lowest Canadian Open was closed all day. Does anyone know why?

I see that Crack addict has also been closed for a few days… maybe they are re-building the wood work!

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

June 14, 2015, 8:48 p.m.

Lowest Can Open was closed the other day because the winter trails crew were doing their thing around there. Should be open as soon as they're done whatever it is they were doing, if that wasn't today.

If Crack Addict were a person, they would be addicted to crack. Like any Crack Addict, they're beginning to show the signs of many years of use. All worn out and falling apart. Some bridges have reached the point where they can no longer be safely scabbed together and so will need replacing. It's more than a day's work and we're going full steam on A-line, so we'll get to it soon-ish.

June 14, 2015, 8:52 p.m.

New entrance to Lower A-line is looking very delicious.

Impromptu trail party in front of Boca was a blast. Great times had by all.

Glad to see there was still some snow to ride through on the way to Una Moss. Always good for shits n giggles.

June 14, 2015, 9:51 p.m.

Lowest Can Open was closed the other day because the winter trails crew were doing their thing around there. Should be open as soon as they're done whatever it is they were doing, if that wasn't today.

If Crack Addict were a person, they would be addicted to crack. Like any Crack Addict, they're beginning to show the signs of many years of use. All worn out and falling apart. Some bridges have reached the point where they can no longer be safely scabbed together and so will need replacing. It's more than a day's work and we're going full steam on A-line, so we'll get to it soon-ish.

My 2 cents; they should remove that skinny over stump on Crack Addict. I bet no one ever rides up and over that thing. Some of the woodwork option right is getting worn. Hopefully that is part of what they're looking at. The trail is a classic. It [HTML_REMOVED] Schleyer are the 2 trails I always hit up everytime I ride the park.

Thread killer

June 15, 2015, 7:41 a.m.

My 2 cents; they should remove that skinny over stump on Crack Addict. I bet no one ever rides up and over that thing. Some of the woodwork option right is getting worn. Hopefully that is part of what they're looking at. The trail is a classic. It [HTML_REMOVED] Schleyer are the 2 trails I always hit up everytime I ride the park.

The A-frame ladder over the stump predates the bike park, so we're probably going to try and keep it. I ride it as often as not.

The woodwork needs new stringers, new footings, new decking. It's just old and worn.

Why does everyone call us "they".

June 15, 2015, 10:01 a.m.

The A-frame ladder over the stump predates the bike park, so we're probably going to try and keep it. I ride it as often as not.

The woodwork needs new stringers, new footings, new decking. It's just old and worn.

"They" are the people who do the trail work in the park while the rest of us ride the trails

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 15, 2015, 10:15 a.m.

Man I am glad to hear its getting fixed up rather than just decommissioned. Although its been almost 3 years since I last rode the bike park, Crack addict was great fun to hit up!

June 15, 2015, 10:15 a.m.

"They" are the people who do the trail work in the park while the rest of us ride the trails

Yeah, we know. It's a running joke about how we're they. They this, they that, they should do/fix/change this. They shouldn't have done/fixed/changed that. They.

June 15, 2015, 10:21 a.m.

Yeah, we know. It's a running joke about how we're they. They this, they that, they should do/fix/change this. They shouldn't have done/fixed/changed that. They.

The North Shore has "Trail Fairies" who build and maintain trails while everyone else sleeps. The "They of Whistler" work in the daytime but don't have wings or magic wands. And sometimes "They" block the trails with earth-moving equipment to torment riders :(

June 15, 2015, 10:29 a.m.

https://youtu.be/WAfNefX3faI

June 15, 2015, 12:23 p.m.

https://youtu.be/WAfNefX3faI

This made me laugh pretty hard! Going to keep that one for rapid deployment.

June 15, 2015, 4:02 p.m.

I ride the A frame whenever I can get lined up for it. Pretty much the decider between a good crack run and a great one ;) Love that trail!

June 16, 2015, 9:53 a.m.

So, anyone been up garbo yet? How is it? I heard there is still snow on the way down from the gondi