Whistler Bike Park 2015

April 20, 2015, 4:06 p.m.

That is pretty cool now that it's starting to happen. Creekside should offer some new terrain and the opportunity to head down to a whole new Summer area. I'm at Alta Lake, so either way I'm a kilometer away from home. It would be cool to avoid the crowds at the village, especially on those really hot days.

Any references for this? Or is it just verbal for now?

Yeah … I wanna see a link before Brian Finestone Snopes that one too.

BTW …

"We'll have pretty much a reshaped, redesigned Crank It Up ready to go for May 2. We've had a crew from Joyride bike parks in there working on that since the beginning of April," he said. "That'll be a new and improved experience on one of our key trails. Right now, our crews are working on doing all the spring maintenance. We're giving A Line a full buff-up for the beginning of the season."

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/whistler-mountain-bike-park-to-open-early/Content?oid=2645230

April 20, 2015, 6:31 p.m.

How are bikes going to go in the new Gondola cabins?

Or is a Fitz, Garbo, Red chair setup going to be started? (Even if they don't run the garbo chair on weekdays outside of summer months)

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 20, 2015, 6:44 p.m.

Hmm…

From the Pique article above

Top of the World passes, which include one Top of the World ride per day (one Village Gondola ride and one Peak Chair ride).

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 20, 2015, 6:54 p.m.

That is pretty cool now that it's starting to happen. Creekside should offer some new terrain and the opportunity to head down to a whole new Summer area. I'm at Alta Lake, so either way I'm a kilometer away from home. It would be cool to avoid the crowds at the village, especially on those really hot days.

Any references for this? Or is it just verbal for now?

No links to point to, but it does come to me from 3 completely different sources.

Totally take it with a grain of salt as plans can change and people can be wrong, but the last thing I heard through these sources was that the park was opening on the 2nd. We'll probably have to wait until after the Garbo Zone is open to know for sure.

iforonewelcome.com

April 20, 2015, 11:04 p.m.

Hmm…

I'll admit that I'm waffling between Peak pass and twilight….

April 21, 2015, 12:06 a.m.

How are bikes going to go in the new Gondola cabins?

Or is a Fitz, Garbo, Red chair setup going to be started? (Even if they don't run the garbo chair on weekdays outside of summer months)

I think those gondolas are the same that are used all over Europe, for instance in Lenzerheide :swiss:, which will have its first DH world cup this year.

I've seen two ways to use these gondolas with bikes:
1. There could be a kind of bike rack that fits into the ski holders on the outside so that two bikes can be hung outside the gondola.
2. One of the benches can be flipped up, so that two bikes fit inside the gondola and two people can sit on the opposite bench.

Or two bikes outside and one inside. So unless Whistler Blackcomb is afraid to get their new gondolas dirty, there's plenty of ways to get bikes to the top.

April 21, 2015, 12:02 p.m.

Or two bikes outside and one inside. So unless Whistler Blackcomb is afraid to get their new gondolas dirty, there's plenty of ways to get bikes to the top.

I thought I heard someone mention the old ones would go back on for the summer. But I could have dreamed it or it might have been God talking to me again as the side-effect of a post-crash concussion.

April 21, 2015, 12:05 p.m.

I thought I heard someone mention the old ones would go back on for the summer. But I could have dreamed it or it might have been God talking to me again as the side-effect of a post-crash concussion.

Then they're going to have to buy them back from the people they sold them to.

April 21, 2015, 12:07 p.m.

Then they're going to have to buy them back from the people they sold them to.

Are you doubting the Word of the Lord!?! BLASPHEMER!

April 21, 2015, 5:40 p.m.

Yeah … I wanna see a link before Brian Finestone Snopes that one too.

BTW …

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/whistler-mountain-bike-park-to-open-early/Content?oid=2645230

Jumps…

Jumps everywhere

:rocker:

April 23, 2015, 1:38 p.m.

Bike park passes for the whole family ordered and paid for. Can't wait!

April 28, 2015, 8:30 p.m.

Weather looks good for opening weekend. I guess the new CIU won't be open yet.

Thread killer

April 28, 2015, 9:36 p.m.

I figure it'll be a three laps in five hours kinda day on Saturday.

On a side note, it looks like the Crud2Mud is a go.

April 28, 2015, 10:42 p.m.

This is where having tues/wed off works out.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

April 29, 2015, 11:20 a.m.

On a side note, it looks like the Crud2Mud is a go.

I recommend everyone stay home. Don't go. Not worth it. If you do go, stay off the gondola, the chairlift is way better (except when its a really hot day).

Interesting that the new Bike Park trail map has the Creekside Gondola clearly labelled, but also clearly says "Not Operational". Why would the powers-that-be do something like that? I wonder what the guy Brian Finestone dumped on for saying the park would open early is thinking?