Whistler Bike Park 2015

Aug. 24, 2015, 12:55 p.m.

I would compare it to Duffman

Aug. 24, 2015, 1:21 p.m.

definitely more fun on a trail bike, or at least was the other day. Dont think its worthy of a double black rating.

Aug. 24, 2015, 1:26 p.m.

definitely more fun on a trail bike, or at least was the other day. Dont think its worthy of a double black rating.

What in the park is if you are used to riding everything in the park? I can ride most everything comfortably on my HT in XC gear. That might be great, but some people would be terrified to ride the same trails on a full on DH bike in full gear.

I think the rating is warranted given the wide variety of vistors to the WBP. But if you can handle yourself on the bike, a 6x6 is more than enough.

However, on the DH bike you can haul ass on the trail.

Aug. 24, 2015, 2:47 p.m.

is there always crazy traffic from whistler to vancouver on Sunday nights? Happened to me last Sunday after crankworx (understandable) but I was surprised when it also happened again yesterday. Took like 45 mins to get from the chief to murin park. Brutal!

Aug. 24, 2015, 2:52 p.m.

is there always crazy traffic from whistler to vancouver on Sunday nights? Happened to me last Sunday after crankworx (understandable) but I was surprised when it also happened again yesterday. Took like 45 mins to get from the chief to murin park. Brutal!

There were a bunch of accidents/stalls yesterday.

Aug. 24, 2015, 3:06 p.m.

I would compare it to Duffman

Duffman with more roots and covered in loam (soon to be blasted off) - people are already cutting around some of small roll-in rock faces.

Definitely not a double-back. Dusty's is pretty boring. It basically runs along an ATV track for a bit and then traverses the ski run, and is festooned with braking bumps.

Aug. 24, 2015, 3:44 p.m.

BC's is definitely not a double black, I take the Mrs. on it regularly on her trail bike….it's got a couple of moves, but overall it's pretty straight forward.

Aug. 24, 2015, 3:45 p.m.

I disagree re. Dusty's DH, it's fun and open and fast! the lower part is particularly fun, imo.

Aug. 24, 2015, 8:20 p.m.

So I want to hit up Trespasser in the next few days before it rains, is it advisable to ride this alone? The videos look pretty full on!

If not, does anyone fancy holding my hand? Haha

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

Aug. 24, 2015, 9:02 p.m.

I disagree re. Dusty's DH, it's fun and open and fast! the lower part is particularly fun, imo.

Agreed. Although the appeal of fast flat corners is not for everyone. I can understand how the top half might turn people off, but the lower half is way way better.

IMO lower Dusty's is more fun on a big bike than BC's, which is festooned with 90 degree corners just when you get your groove on. To each their own though.

Aug. 24, 2015, 9:03 p.m.

Rode 7 Year War and Dusty's Downhill for the first time today - nice work guys. Really enjoyed the new singletrack and the super drifty fun of Dusty's.

Aug. 24, 2015, 9:15 p.m.

BC trail is fine on a dh bike. A little bit more physical demanding because the trail doesnt let off the whole way down but i managed it on my darkside just fine. Just have to keep your momentum

Aug. 24, 2015, 9:43 p.m.

Rode Creekside for the first time yesterday. Really like BC's trail - I can see why locals wouldn't be too happy about it now being part of the bike park. Wasn't too into Dustys though… I just suck at that style of trail and end up riding the brakes the whole way down because I am too scared I am going to lose control if I pick up any speed.

Also rode 7 year war for the first time - really glad they added that… takes out that unenjoyable fireroad portion of FT/No Joke.

Aug. 26, 2015, 11 a.m.

Crack addict opened yesterday. That is all.

Aug. 26, 2015, 12:32 p.m.

We ended up riding Dusty's the whole way for our first Creekside lap, started down from the gondola around 4:30pm and wasn't sure we'd have time to get through BC's for last upload at 5pm. Agree with nickel, the bottom half is much more fun with the fresh grass sections and fast corners. I was reminded I suck at flat corners and went off track twice as we were cooking down it. It was a fun ride with our crew racing each other down it and laughing as guys blew out of corners etc. Will try BC's next time and go earlier for lunch at Dustys.

In other news I learned I'm more comfortable on DM than A-line… I've been doing it wrong. Also rain is coming, yay.