Whistler Bike Park 2015

Aug. 20, 2015, 11:49 a.m.

Any word on what trail work is happening post-Crankworx? Going to be up early next week with some friends, haven't ridden the park since August long weekend, always nice to ride what's been freshened up.

Aug. 20, 2015, 1:34 p.m.

Mid to low A-Line was getting worked on.

So nice being able to hit the jump properly before the drop. It'd be nice if the trailcrew could install a trail-eject system if a user touched their brakes before the drop.

Aug. 20, 2015, 5:15 p.m.

Stoked on the great work going on and lighter traffic.

A-Line after the EZ Does It bridge underpass had a refresh. The first jump (into the RH berm) looks fresh, and feels a lot lippier than before. Definitely a lot more airtime on that sucker. :)

I also encountered unexpectedly fresh berms on World Cup Singletrack, Ho Chi Minh (YES!!), and the HOD crossover.

Aug. 21, 2015, 5:29 p.m.

That new lip under EZ Does It. Thank you.

Dusty's. Black?

Aug. 22, 2015, 5:40 a.m.

Dusty's. Black?

Yes, black. Lots of off-camber and interesting high speed corners. The lower half is especially fun, very drifty.

Aug. 22, 2015, 10:53 a.m.

creekside has some epic riding , well worth the trip up top yesterday even with bashing my ribs in at the start of TOTW .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Aug. 22, 2015, 4:35 p.m.

Hey Nickel, think we'll be riding the bottom of Canadian DH before school's in?

Aug. 22, 2015, 6:41 p.m.

Nickel, I should let you know that I talked to Jesus and he agreed that the lip you put on the EZ under pass jump should be bestowed upon the final jump before the GLC curb.

Praise jesus.

Aug. 22, 2015, 7:31 p.m.

Hey Nickel, think we'll be riding the bottom of Canadian DH before school's in?

I don't know why it's closed? To my knowledge, there's nothing going on… Will enquire tomorrow.

Also, we praise Jibbers Crabst, so you know. (Look it up).

We can take a look at the last hit of a line, I didn't think anything was too wrong with it? We fixed the roller before it yesterday.

Aug. 22, 2015, 7:41 p.m.

I don't know why it's closed? To my knowledge, there's nothing going on… Will enquire tomorrow.

Also, we praise Jibbers Crabst, so you know. (Look it up).

We can take a look at the last hit of a line, I didn't think anything was too wrong with it? We fixed the roller before it yesterday.

I haven't seen anyone hit the whoops-rock garden-baby-jump as opposed the GLC curb, so I haven't even tried to go that way.

As for the last jump on LAL, I want to bite leaves, not be sent. Matthew said so in 7:1-3.

(I bought Exploding Kittens, so I've got street cred)

Aug. 22, 2015, 8:39 p.m.

I think the bike park is running great right now. I hit BC's trail a couple of times today. It is almost hypnotic - like going into a trance from tech chunder. So sweet. I actually like loose dusty trails … it beats the shit out of riding in mud. I see Freight Train is getting the big time love it deserves. Thanks guys!

To paraphrase Louis CK "Think about it … you ascend - 3800+ feet - and sheltered from the elements, carried as if on the wings of angels. It IS truly a miracle. And then you get to lose all that altitude on a gravity-assisted ride down regularly-maintained trails that were cut into the side of a mountain. If you are whining and complaining about this, you're an Asshole".

Aug. 22, 2015, 9:31 p.m.

I think the bike park is running great right now. I hit BC's trail a couple of times today. It is almost hypnotic - like going into a trance from tech chunder. So sweet. I actually like loose dusty trails … it beats the shit out of riding in mud. I see Freight Train is getting the big time love it deserves. Thanks guys!

To paraphrase Louis CK "Think about it … you ascend - 3800+ feet - and sheltered from the elements, carried as if on the wings of angels. It IS truly a miracle. And then you get to lose all that altitude on a gravity-assisted ride down regularly-maintained trails that were cut into the side of a mountain. If you are whining and complaining about this, you're an Asshole".

ride don,t slide was killer just wish i was not nursing a injury to fully enjoy it and bctrail .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Aug. 22, 2015, 10:19 p.m.

Bit of rain would help, as it did last week

Aug. 24, 2015, 9:33 a.m.

Thanks for putting a lip on the HOD table!

Aug. 24, 2015, 12:45 p.m.

What's BC's Trail compare to? From EWS POV and pics it looks like (fun) single black trail bike territory. Thinking about a rip down to Dustys for lunch tomorrow since I haven't done the Creekside thing yet, maybe we will just take Dusty's the whole way since we will be on DH bikes.