Whistler Bike Park 2014 conditions

Sept. 23, 2014, 3:05 p.m.

There's the connector trail that takes you from hod water tower to biker x and everything on that side if you want to go a different way

Sept. 23, 2014, 7:13 p.m.

One of my favorite things about the lift line is chatting with the international girl lifties.

By international, you mean Australian? lol

Poppy is gone now. She was from the UK…

Sept. 24, 2014, 9:56 a.m.

By international, you mean Australian? lol

Poppy is gone now. She was the UK…

I'm a sucker for a pretty face and an accent.
:rocker:

Sept. 26, 2014, 11:07 a.m.

How are trails running with the rain this week? Things getting greasy? Sunday might be the better choice this weekend but I can only make it up tomorrow.

cheers

Sept. 27, 2014, 12:51 p.m.

Why does WB need to close down Garbo chair so early? Especially since there are fewer cabins on the line.. From wanting to ride a Garbo line to actually riding it is likely an hour wait.

On a happier note, the entrance to the wee jump before Aline tech is fricken butter again.

Sept. 28, 2014, 8:01 p.m.

Some of the best riding conditions that I've had all season long. The rain sure has helped to create the best hero dirt ever. Tacky goodness yummy ;)

And yeah too bad garbo chair was closed cuz the gondy lineups were redonkulous.

Sept. 28, 2014, 9:05 p.m.

Great day at the park today! Perfect weather, trails in pretty good condition, nicely softened, but not muddy, and tamped down with moisture.

Long waits to get to Garbo. Bad enough that the Garbo lift is closed, but no singles line for the Gondola. I estimated only every 3rd or 4th Gondola had 3 people in it. That extra 30% or so wasted capacity was sorely needed.

Also, noticed the speed limit on the S2S is now mostly 100 km/h from Squamish to Whistler. Nevermind the drive is now lacking its former GTA feel, going home, a lot of people seemingly hadn't gotten the memo yet (the same ones who don't see the "Keep right except to pass" signs), doing 80 km/h in the left lane.

Oct. 2, 2014, 9:17 p.m.

So apparently they've done some work to Una Moss. Is it much better or is it still a brake-burning mucky descent down from the roundhouse to the Garbo zone? Thinking about riding on closing weekend if the weather is okay.

Thread killer

Oct. 2, 2014, 9:26 p.m.

So apparently they've done some work to Una Moss. Is it much better or is it still a brake-burning mucky descent down from the roundhouse to the Garbo zone? Thinking about riding on closing weekend if the weather is okay.

I did it for the first time in a long time (two years?) a week or two ago. I don't know when this happened, but you don't go down the ski run anymore. It's like a steep bline now.

It was brake-bumpy for sure, but the berms were big enough to catch you.

Oct. 2, 2014, 10:15 p.m.

park is perfect last couple days, bit cold for the first couple hours though haha

Oct. 3, 2014, 11:43 a.m.

I did it for the first time in a long time (two years?) a week or two ago. I don't know when this happened, but you don't go down the ski run anymore. It's like a steep bline now.

It was brake-bumpy for sure, but the berms were big enough to catch you.

Yeah it's actually a pretty fun little run down to Garbo, I think it was new this year? Gonna come up tomorrow, dirt looks really nice from some pics I saw yesterday, hopefully it's not as crowded as the last few weeks on the gondola. Crazy how many "hikers" are shelling out $50 to wander around the Roundhouse area, great low-overhead revenue stream for the resort though!

Oct. 3, 2014, 6:34 p.m.

Una Moss is great now, with big swooping berms. If they aren't all braking-bumped out already, it really makes up for missing the first part of BV/OS and FT that you miss taking the Gondola.

Oct. 3, 2014, 6:51 p.m.

I need a ride up to Whistler next Thursday. Don't want to get caught up in the Long Weekend HS Bay Ferry traffic clusterfuck, even though I likely will as a walk-on

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 3, 2014, 7:08 p.m.

I'm afraid for this weekend and next.

Conditions are great, but it seems there are only two gondola cabins left. I'm camping out tonight to make sure I get one Garbo lap tomorrow.

Bring on the shitshow.

Oct. 3, 2014, 8:55 p.m.

No more or less gondolas than the last 2 weekends.