Whistler Bike Park 2014 conditions

Aug. 29, 2014, 6:35 p.m.

Agreed

Aug. 29, 2014, 7:55 p.m.

Pretty lame, but safety first, I knew I should have hit it during crankworx when it was "open"….it will probably turn into the same chunderific landing of the joyride drop….

mtbskierdad

Aug. 29, 2014, 10:28 p.m.

Now I don't want to ride it.

Aug. 30, 2014, 5:49 a.m.

I've noticed that the fixed trails are more and more not merely "fixes" but upgrades of the previous versions. I notice a lot of nice things about them, like they tend to flow better etc. Lots of little things that many people and occasional park riders probably don't appreciate. Some of the new stuff, like the new Una Moss and the Heart of Darkness connector are simply sights to behold. I am also impressed at the efforts being thrown in to maintenance even as the season winds down. Way to go guys. You have my loyalty and I can't wait to keep coming back again and again (this is me and my kid's 3rd straight year with a seasons pass). Thanks for another great bike park season!

This made me really happy. Thanks, I'll pass that along. The boys are always pumped to hear their hard work is appreciated.

Aug. 30, 2014, 8:14 a.m.

the re-buff on middle A-line was amazing. Best condition its ever been in. Wishing you guys lots of progress as the rain gets a little more frequent.

Aug. 30, 2014, 8:36 a.m.

This made me really happy. Thanks, I'll pass that along. The boys are always pumped to hear their hard work is appreciated.

From my experience on this site, there seems to be more complaining then complimenting.

I wouldn't take the criticism seriously. I'd bet the biggest complainers have never done trail work in their lives.

The bike park crew does great work given the weather and traffic.

Aug. 30, 2014, 8:53 a.m.

From my experience on this site, there seems to be more complaining then complimenting.

I wouldn't take the criticism seriously. I'd bet the biggest complainers have never done trail work in their lives.

The bike park crew does great work given the weather and traffic.

What he said! I visit every year from UK, and every year I see improvements. Yes the clownshoes drop has been neutered, but I kind of understand their reasons. This year for me the biggest improvements in my opinion this year where:

- New start of Dirt Merchant… brilliant flow and hang time.

- Freight Train section after the container, where now you can flow at full speed off everything, including the bridge… although berms before step up into opening before side track needs work.

- 2 switch back section on connector to Heart of Darkness… it might be simple, but it is very well executed to reduce braking bumps!

Hats off to all the trail builders (not many of them to maintain and build the world most heavily used trails!), and thanks for letting me on to your viewing platform for Joyride… moonshine and good times!

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com
http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com

Aug. 30, 2014, 9:21 a.m.

From my experience there seems to be a healthy mix of praise and suggestion, which is good because it would get a little tiresome if all we did was say how sick everything was.

No doubt things are better with someone on the crew here to give the low down on the many of the reasons why certain things are the way they are.

Aug. 30, 2014, 9:22 a.m.

So if FT is going to become a blue trail, is there going to be a new black jump trail in Garbo? Or will BV become Black Velvet?

Aug. 30, 2014, 11:07 a.m.

So if FT is going to become a blue trail, is there going to be a new black jump trail in Garbo? Or will BV become Black Velvet?

I heard someone else talking about the same thing, I don't get it? Freight train a blue? huh?

Aug. 30, 2014, 11:14 a.m.

I heard someone else talking about the same thing, I don't get it? Freight train a blue? huh?

My guess is so more people can do TOTW.

Aug. 30, 2014, 11:22 a.m.

they can ride that short tech bit of no joke/ft then expressway from the creekside gondy (although most people don't even know that exists)

Aug. 31, 2014, 8:42 p.m.

How busy has it been this weekend?

Mass-debating heading up tomorrow for the day

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 31, 2014, 8:49 p.m.

Pretty dead today, 5 min wait tops.

Aug. 31, 2014, 9:51 p.m.

How busy has it been this weekend?

Mass-debating heading up tomorrow for the day

Might see you there depending on the weather.