Whistler Bike Park 2014 conditions

March 27, 2014, 1:54 p.m.

If I had paid for a full pass I would expect TOTW included.

It's probably more of a logistical issue more than anything - they can only have a limited people going up there with bikes due to the lift situation and they wouldn't want season pass holders taking up 90% of the spots everyday without paying extra $$. Definitely sucks though when you already pay $600 or whatever for the seasons pass and then gotta pay $15 every time you want to ride TOTW.

March 27, 2014, 2:30 p.m.

Damn it pedal'ers, stop bitching!!! Ya ya pedaling your 'enduro' or '29r hardtail' bikes around the beautiful forests is great. Its the greatest possible things in mountain biking, you are all lords or the sport. Truly great people. Now Fuck off.

I want to bang laps over and over again. I want to only stop for the occasional patio pint. I want to take my chain off and have it be just as fun!!

AS for paying $15 extra for TOTW. Who fucking cares?!!!! Riders all over the world would kill to be able to have the ease of access to whistler that we all do. Fifteen fucking bucks. Suck it up.

If the price of the seasons pass isnt worth it for the terain and trails you DO get access to, then dont buy one. If TOTW isnt worth $15, then dont ride it. If I ran WBP i sure as hell would charge a premium for it.

March 27, 2014, 2:50 p.m.

Posted to their G+ page today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPhuOq0y_4E

March 27, 2014, 2:53 p.m.

i bought into the classic car/hotrod scene 4 years ago.

Whistler is dead to me…

so you just basically found a bigger pit to throw money into!

March 27, 2014, 4:09 p.m.

If I ran WBP i sure as hell would charge a premium for it.

They will while they can then they won't when they can't.

March 27, 2014, 5:53 p.m.

IMO, TOTW is only worth it if it's a sunny day out [HTML_REMOVED] you get the view while you're up there. Perhaps it should be free for season's pass holders, but you have to reserve your spot [HTML_REMOVED] there's only so many spots open per day. The others are for non-pass holders.

Thread killer

March 27, 2014, 8:01 p.m.

They give you a free TOTW ticket with your pass. If you want to do it again you have to pay extra.

March 27, 2014, 9:29 p.m.

Have yet to be up on TOTW

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

March 27, 2014, 10 p.m.

Have yet to be up on TOTW

Like the Peak to Peak, I wish they spent their effort on more rideable trails than some piece of marketing. The top part is neat, but after that it's pretty average.*

• spoken as a product buyer
March 28, 2014, 10:20 a.m.

so you just basically found a bigger pit to throw money into!

haha. so accurate.

its a hobby that requires alot of restraint…

March 28, 2014, 12:46 p.m.

IMO, TOTW is only worth it if it's a sunny day out [HTML_REMOVED] you get the view while you're up there. Perhaps it should be free for season's pass holders, but you have to reserve your spot [HTML_REMOVED] there's only so many spots open per day. The others are for non-pass holders.

I agree, other than the view which is spectacular, its nice but nothing special IMHO. I rode it once for free (when the Garbo lift broke down) and once on the pass freebie last year, and once on the freebie in 2012. That was enough for me. I don't think I'd ride it much more if it were free, given the time spent on lifts and lineups.

You can find nice views off other trails (like the "Island" off of Freight Train) and trails that are much more fun, in my opinion.

March 29, 2014, 6:22 a.m.

I look at the web cams everyday.The snow is not melting.:swearing:

Me too . . . but I live thousands of miles away :crybaby:

I want to bang laps over and over again. I want to only stop for the occasional patio pint. I want to take my chain off and have it be just as fun!!

AS for paying $15 extra for TOTW. Who fucking cares?!!!! Riders all over the world would kill to be able to have the ease of access to whistler that we all do. Fifteen fucking bucks. Suck it up.

Yep! :rocker:

March 29, 2014, 5:19 p.m.

The bike park is great but it's got too expensive for me these days. Fine if it's your only thing but I get bored pounding laps after a few days.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 30, 2014, 8:05 a.m.

Heading up to whistler with the family is a great option for me. The girls can hang in the village while I get to ride and we can easily meet during the day. Plus it doesn't get boring for me when I'm not riding and the GF is. There is just so much to do up there in the summer with a kid in tow.

Roll on May…

March 30, 2014, 10:47 a.m.

I think I still like the bike park as much as the first time I rode it in '01