Whistler 2015 Trail Conditions - not in the bike park

Sept. 25, 2015, 9:47 a.m.

Does anyone have any idea what state Khyber will be in this Saturday? I know it's been raining hard there today, but forecast says it will begin to clear by tomorrow. Enough time for the trails to dry out?

I've been putting off this ride for weeks now due to weather and the window is closing fast.

Definitely soggy. Aside from the damage it might cause, it really isnt a fun trail to ride in the wet. The uphills become almost impossible to carry speed thru and the loam turns to a bit of a soup so you get bogged down and feel slow. If the forecast stays like it is, Tuesday Wednesday could be good. Also wouldn't be surprised if the entrance had a little snow after looking up the mountains on the way to work.

Sept. 25, 2015, 12:26 p.m.

no it will not be dry. it rained super hard yesterday/last night, and off and on the days before. These trails really need people to be a bit more respectful of them, imo. If it wasn't for the huge amounts of traffic they've seen this summer I'd probably say it wouldn't have mattered as much, but they've been hit pretty hard so could probably use the break from Peak closing and people letting them take a bit of a break. but again, that's just my own opinion.

Yes!

:werd:

Sept. 30, 2015, 3:36 p.m.

looks like mudderella nuked the eff out of Out of the Dust on Blackcomb….apparently totally unrideable, massively braided, huge mud pits, and almost unfixable according to some knowledgeable trail building type friends who were up there today. Apparently microclimate is pretty bombed from people riding it in the wet too, so, maybe stay away for now…

http://www.trailforks.com/report/28321/

Oct. 1, 2015, 11 a.m.

looks like mudderella nuked the eff out of Out of the Dust on Blackcomb….apparently totally unrideable, massively braided, huge mud pits, and almost unfixable according to some knowledgeable trail building type friends who were up there today. Apparently microclimate is pretty bombed from people riding it in the wet too, so, maybe stay away for now…

http://www.trailforks.com/report/28321/

brutal.

Oct. 1, 2015, 11:23 a.m.

Yeah, this sucks. I guess b/c it's on WB tenure, they felt this was worth it from a financial and publicity perspective and perhaps took no damage deposit from the organizers of Muderella? Back to the road….

Oct. 1, 2015, 11:44 a.m.

Wow, absolutely brutal, hopefully they step up with some cash but I've heard rumblings these guys take a large profit margin out for a charity supporting run.

On the plus side, the bars were packed with women on Saturday. I was at Dubh Linn gate and it was probably 75% chicks, never seen that in a bar in a mountain town before.

Oct. 16, 2015, 8:49 p.m.

That was cool. Riding Tunnel Vision at night through all the bonfires of burning logs from the thinning out project. All that thinned forest is ripe for building too.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Nov. 5, 2015, 9:55 a.m.

Billy epic and Pura vida both good on Tuesday. Minimal snow off to the side on the flank approaching BE from Ricks Roost, none on PV. PV wasn't as wet as I expected and was a bunch of fun.

Nov. 5, 2015, 10:02 a.m.

a few of us have done lots of fresh dirt work on ampm and high side over the past few weeks too, including these new turns on what used to be the final straight away on high side…now there's 6 sweet turns

Nov. 5, 2015, 12:19 p.m.

That is looking really nice!

Nov. 5, 2015, 3:19 p.m.

a few of us have done lots of fresh dirt work on ampm and high side over the past few weeks too, including these new turns on what used to be the final straight away on high side…now there's 6 sweet turns

Been meaning to get down there and ride it all. Nearly went yesterday but pemby was too tempting. They look like fun.

Nov. 8, 2015, 10:24 a.m.

That looks fantastic. Well done.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

Nov. 14, 2015, 8:26 a.m.

Where is the snow line in Whistler and in Pemberton?

Nov. 14, 2015, 9:11 a.m.

There are remnants of yesterday's snow in the valley here in Sprincreek. I expect that there is not enough snow to worry about on most trails.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Nov. 14, 2015, 9:16 a.m.

Did a zesty pura vida a couple of days ago in the snow. There was 5-6" on the flank. Pretty fun though I had to push most of the way up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk