Whistler 2015 Trail Conditions - not in the bike park

July 16, 2015, 9:54 a.m.

Would really recommend going and riding in the Alice lake area of Squamish for D3, check out Rupert, and you can break up the ride by swimming in Alice or Edith lake.

can you suggest a good lap for alice lake so we can program into our garmin?? stay around 30km and 1200 meters climbing( i think i did that math right, 20miles and 4k ft), or were going to be shit kicked if we try to push more than that.

SORRY This isnt whistler trails in whistler :P

July 16, 2015, 12:29 p.m.

can you suggest a good lap for alice lake so we can program into our garmin?? stay around 30km and 1200 meters climbing( i think i did that math right, 20miles and 4k ft), or were going to be shit kicked if we try to push more than that.

SORRY This isnt whistler trails in whistler :P

Been discussing loops in this area over here (from my post on down): http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=161168[HTML_REMOVED]page=6

July 16, 2015, 12:41 p.m.

Been discussing loops in this area over here (from my post on down): http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=161168[HTML_REMOVED]page=6

Awesome thanks! Back to your reg sched whistler trails

Aug. 7, 2015, 10:25 a.m.

Just back from vacation, so getting up to speed on Crankworx choas. I Noticed that the Enduro is using See Colours and Hi-hi to hi-side.

I'm guessing they are climbing the microwave tower road and then up Lower Babylon?

Is this route closed only on race day or is it closed for training all week? although I'd guess climbing See Colours would be suicide.

Aug. 7, 2015, 10:49 a.m.

Just back from vacation, so getting up to speed on Crankworx choas. I Noticed that the Enduro is using See Colours and Hi-hi to hi-side.

I'm guessing they are climbing the microwave tower road and then up Lower Babylon?

Is this route closed only on race day or is it closed for training all week? although I'd guess climbing See Colours would be suicide.

open to public except for race day, we're coming off microwave road up connector to lower babylon….I'm pretty pumped all my works getting used!! I'd strongly recommend not climbing it, well, ever…but especially not in the next few days! :)

Aug. 7, 2015, 11:18 a.m.

I'd strongly recommend not climbing it, well, ever…but especially not in the next few days! :)

Well played. you know my kids' thoughts on that. OK… we may or may not give that route a ride on Sat. Just most convenient route to us with max downhill time when you add Tunnel or Flow. Or may just go to Pemby….

Aug. 7, 2015, 11:26 a.m.

Well played. you know my kids' thoughts on that. OK… we may or may not give that route a ride on Sat. Just most convenient route to us with max downhill time when you add Tunnel or Flow. Or may just go to Pemby….

totally understand, but probably not the right call this week, up ways, that is!

Aug. 24, 2015, 7:45 p.m.

Have been meaning to explore more of the valley trails for the longest time and finally have a chance to soon. Looking for a 2-3 hour ride of mainly single black terrain. Was thinking about the following options:

- Microclimate/Hey Bud/Crazy Train, Yummy Numby, Foreplay
- Kill Me Thrill Me, North of Town
- High Side, SCAP, Babylon, Duncans
- Something around the Stonebridge area (looks confusing - recommendations appreciated)

If you could only do one of the above, which would you do? I'll be on an Enduro 29er so shouldnt have too much of a problem climbing or descending.

Aug. 24, 2015, 8:16 p.m.

Have you got a lift pass?

I quite fancy TOTW - Khybers - Upper Balylon - SCAP - HiHi - Highline - Duncan's

I did most of this for the EWS but was under a bit of pressure with time so would like to do it on a more relaxed basis.

I ride a bit up above Stonebridge, but have struggled to link a few trails together easily, I think the best I've done is up to the top then Rockwork Orange - Korova Milk Bar - Wizards, then back up for Cheap Thills into 99er. I'm a bit limited by time and how much I'm prepared to climb.

Doing Micorclimate, then Hey Bud, then back ip for Crazy Train is a brutal amount of climbing for not much distance IMO, great trails though if you have the legs for the climb!

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

Aug. 24, 2015, 8:20 p.m.

Have you got a lift pass?

I quite fancy TOTW - Khybers - Upper Balylon - SCAP - HiHi - Highline - Duncan's

I did most of this for the EWS but was under a bit of pressure with time so would like to do it on a more relaxed basis.

I ride a bit up above Stonebridge, but have struggled to link a few trails together easily, I think the best I've done is up to the top then Rockwork Orange - Korova Milk Bar - Wizards, then back up for Cheap Thills into 99er. I'm a bit limited by time and how much I'm prepared to climb.

Doing Micorclimate, then Hey Bud, then back ip for Crazy Train is a brutal amount of climbing for not much distance IMO, great trails though if you have the legs for the climb!

I've always wanted to do the TOTW all the way down to Duncans route but I only have a 5 day card so dont want to end up paying like $60 just for that route. Might try to do that and the end of a bike park day though sometime.

For Mircoclimate, etc. I just meant i would do one of those (whichever is best?) and then do yummy + foreplay.

Aug. 24, 2015, 8:22 p.m.

Have been meaning to explore more of the valley trails for the longest time and finally have a chance to soon. Looking for a 2-3 hour ride of mainly single black terrain. Was thinking about the following options:

- Microclimate/Hey Bud/Crazy Train, Yummy Numby, Foreplay
- Kill Me Thrill Me, North of Town
- High Side, SCAP, Babylon, Duncans
- Something around the Stonebridge area (looks confusing - recommendations appreciated)

If you could only do one of the above, which would you do? I'll be on an Enduro 29er so shouldnt have too much of a problem climbing or descending.

Up Stonebridge, High Society to Bush Doctor (or 3 Birds to Danimal Middle), back up Stonebridge, Rockwork Orange, Korova Milkbar, Wizard Burial Ground. Would take about 3 hours and would have you pretty stoked.

Aug. 24, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

For Mircoclimate, etc. I just meant i would do one of those (whichever is best?) and then do yummy + foreplay.

Of those three, I'd say Hey Bud considering you're following it up with C-Numb/Foreplay. Hey Bud has some nice sustained steeps that I think would add variety to that particular combination of trails.

Aug. 25, 2015, 9:46 a.m.

You can get a single lift TOTW/Gondy ticket this year for $30something which would be perfect for doing a khybers run.

Aug. 25, 2015, 12:30 p.m.

Who was this Khyber guy?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Aug. 25, 2015, 1:05 p.m.

I did totw to Kyber to upper babalon to bablon by bike to tunnel vision last week.

Totw to kyber was super rad but i wouldnt really reccomend Babalon it was mostly climbing and seemed a bit beat plus its full of skinnies which is not my thing really also tunnel vision sucks its basically just a fire road now , not sure if it used to be better ?

I think next time ill turn right off Kyber to Middle of nowhere to kashmir /Kush then finish on BC trail . More dh for your buck .

I rode PHD the day before which i think was super rad , more fun /gnar with optional extra gnar lines . Climb was 4k up a crappy fire road but the dh was long amd totally worth it .