Whistler 2015 Trail Conditions - not in the bike park

June 29, 2015, 9:05 a.m.

Today should be a whole new world of goodness with the rain, but the hero dirt should be gone by tomorrow.

That said, did a nice double loop on Saturday. Dropped the girl off at ski camp at Backcomb and then hit up MicroClimate for the first time this year. Such a fun fast trail, but it's well worked - almost could be in the bike park. 5 guys up there when I arrived at the TH. Still a lot of climbing for a 7 minute descent. Followed by a quicky down the powdery dry Instant Gratification.

Then met the boy at the bottom and we climbed up to Crazy Train. Super fresh work on the new non-fall-line routing. Pretty nice. Lots of loam and moss still. He loved it. Felt a lot like Kashmir. Same aspect and similar geo-zone I guess. Again, finished on Instant Gratification.

SToked to see the new love and rebirth of Crazy Train.

June 29, 2015, 4:21 p.m.

Today should be a whole new world of goodness with the rain, but the hero dirt should be gone by tomorrow.

That said, did a nice double loop on Saturday. Dropped the girl off at ski camp at Backcomb and then hit up MicroClimate for the first time this year. Such a fun fast trail, but it's well worked - almost could be in the bike park. 5 guys up there when I arrived at the TH. Still a lot of climbing for a 7 minute descent. Followed by a quicky down the powdery dry Instant Gratification.

Then met the boy at the bottom and we climbed up to Crazy Train. Super fresh work on the new non-fall-line routing. Pretty nice. Lots of loam and moss still. He loved it. Felt a lot like Kashmir. Same aspect and similar geo-zone I guess. Again, finished on Instant Gratification.

SToked to see the new love and rebirth of Crazy Train.

Did you get a chance to ride it in the fall/winter? Someone else said fresh work on crazy train, but im not sure whether its the "baby train" reroute from late fall or more fresh.

June 29, 2015, 4:50 p.m.

Did you get a chance to ride it in the fall/winter? Someone else said fresh work on crazy train, but im not sure whether its the "baby train" reroute from late fall or more fresh.

baby train would be about as fresh as it gets….that and bud light….microclimate is pretty fun right now, was a hoot in the toonie thursday night!

June 29, 2015, 5:05 p.m.

baby train would be about as fresh as it gets….that and bud light….microclimate is pretty fun right now, was a hoot in the toonie thursday night!

Didn't ride it in the fall/winter, so it was new to me. I'm guessing it was a mix of Crazy Train and Baby Train (good name), as it criss-crossed the older route in several spots. Certainly pretty darn fresh in places. Didn't go down Hey Bud as it looked far more worked, so we opted Crazy and I guess chose lines down Baby. Regardless, good lines down there.

June 29, 2015, 9:44 p.m.

Didn't ride it in the fall/winter, so it was new to me. I'm guessing it was a mix of Crazy Train and Baby Train (good name), as it criss-crossed the older route in several spots. Certainly pretty darn fresh in places. Didn't go down Hey Bud as it looked far more worked, so we opted Crazy and I guess chose lines down Baby. Regardless, good lines down there.

there's a whole new mellower bottom half option off the left of hey bud, hence bud light…

July 1, 2015, 11:30 p.m.

Did a good morning ride before the heat set in. Up Alpine Way and up Flank to Upper and Lower Howler. Haven't ridden there since early summer. How things have changed. Rough and loose and super powdery. More like August last year. Then back over to Alpine Way and up to Green Monster. First time on that trail. I was solo, so passed on the first drop and the monster itself. Did all the other slabs and steep lines with success on first try. Basically if I rolled my nose over and went, it was done. No time to contemplate and pick one's nose…. strava and all… and the family waiting for beach time. Both moves that I skipped looked totally fine. Just rather have someone on board with me at the time.

Happy Canada day!

July 4, 2015, 11:07 p.m.

Morning lap on Kashmir, Kush, and BC.

Kashmir still kills it. Love that trail. Dry and dusty for sure, but not beat up with some recent work as well. Ain't gonna' get a PB on it right now, but still rips. I don't worry about it falling prey to the bike park crowd - way too uppy/downy throughout. It would be tedious on a big bike. Loved it on the Transition Patrol.

Kush is lower and not too hard to get it. Ergo, it's beat on. Dust bin. Still fun, but far from printing.

BC's has had quite a bit of work done on it and it flows pretty fast and furious. Despite big bike traffic, the terra firma and amount of rock keeps it running pretty well.

Great Creekside lap.

July 15, 2015, 7:20 a.m.

Morning lap on Kashmir, Kush, and BC.

Kashmir still kills it. Love that trail. Dry and dusty for sure, but not beat up with some recent work as well. Ain't gonna' get a PB on it right now, but still rips. I don't worry about it falling prey to the bike park crowd - way too uppy/downy throughout. It would be tedious on a big bike. Loved it on the Transition Patrol.

Kush is lower and not too hard to get it. Ergo, it's beat on. Dust bin. Still fun, but far from printing.

BC's has had quite a bit of work done on it and it flows pretty fast and furious. Despite big bike traffic, the terra firma and amount of rock keeps it running pretty well.

Great Creekside lap.

Irish Pete and I gave Kush a bit of a brush out and got rid of some of the more obnoxious roots and stumps that had gotten to be a handful on Friday night, so no more face slappers to block your vision!

July 15, 2015, 10 a.m.

Bike park to a end of the day khyber pass lap, which would be more fun. Duncans or tunnel? We rode RDS / BC's last summer.

Day 2 we would like to ride holwer then either gargamel or one of the blackcomb micro/crazy/hey bud. We rode crazy and micro last summer. Any thoughts on maximizing the good times? We will link up with our bike park friends after we finish this morning of fun time.

Day 3 is squamish. fred tinder your mom/ pt-1,3/ AM.

Were going to be tired driving back to portland after this weekend of awesome.

July 15, 2015, 10:50 a.m.

Bike park to a end of the day khyber pass lap, which would be more fun. Duncans or tunnel? We rode RDS / BC's last summer.

Day 2 we would like to ride holwer then either gargamel or one of the blackcomb micro/crazy/hey bud. We rode crazy and micro last summer. Any thoughts on maximizing the good times? We will link up with our bike park friends after we finish this morning of fun time.

day one, tunnel vision is okay, but pretty meh, better option is to go down see colours and puke, high side, hihi, climb back up highline to IBT/Duncan's, and then do the first half of duncan's to ampm. ride back to creekside on valley trail, or go to Whistler Brewing in function for a couple of beers.

day two, if you've already done MC/CT last year, do Howler and Gargamel for sure….but the climbs will hurt

day three, don't know, don't care!

July 15, 2015, 10:56 a.m.

day one, tunnel vision is okay, but pretty meh, better option is to go down see colours and puke, high side, hihi, climb back up highline to IBT/Duncan's, and then do the first half of duncan's to ampm. ride back to creekside on valley trail, or go to Whistler Brewing in function for a couple of beers.

day two, if you've already done MC/CT last year, do Howler and Gargamel for sure….but the climbs will hurt

day three, don't know, don't care!

bitchen camero, thanks.

July 15, 2015, 11:48 a.m.

A Dead Milkmen reference. Oh, the memories.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

July 15, 2015, 10:26 p.m.

Unless it's planned to be a mellow day, compared to the other stuff on your list D3 is going to be a bit of a let down… could be brought up to standard by starting high and riding 19th first. Or even better head over to Slab Mountain and ride some rock. Treasure, Mark my Words, Boney Elbows, Hueso, Value Added, etc - choose your own adventure!

July 16, 2015, 8:16 a.m.

A Dead Milkmen reference. Oh, the memories.

crazy how many blank looks i get when i toss that one out there. Very few catch that one.

Day3 is going to be more mellow on purpose. Were going to be crushed from the 2 days before and we have to drive 7 hours after that. From internet viedos we can get in over our head pretty fast in squamish and we just want a taste of the area to bring us back before we head home!

July 16, 2015, 9:37 a.m.

crazy how many blank looks i get when i toss that one out there. Very few catch that one.

Day3 is going to be more mellow on purpose. Were going to be crushed from the 2 days before and we have to drive 7 hours after that. From internet viedos we can get in over our head pretty fast in squamish and we just want a taste of the area to bring us back before we head home!

Would really recommend going and riding in the Alice lake area of Squamish for D3, check out Rupert, and you can break up the ride by swimming in Alice or Edith lake.