Whistler 2015 Trail Conditions - not in the bike park

June 2, 2015, 12:21 p.m.

Anyone know if JTR is clear and ridden it this year yet ? I want to try and climb to it for a big loop sometime soon.

Some friends rode it last weekend. Said it was clear and awesome. Borderline too dry. Might be worth hitting after some rain.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

June 2, 2015, 4:11 p.m.

Yep, Howler's a good one. Rode up Kaidenwood to Babalyon and down See Colours and Puke, Highside, HiHi and over to Business Time. That was super flowy and fun.

cool, this sounds like a sweet loop. i bought the trail map for whistler and i just want to make sure i know what you're talking about. Do you mean climbing up the fireroad i highlighted in blue and then descending down Upper babylon to babylon by bike to see colours and puke to high side to hihi then crossing over on highline and finishing on duncans then finally pedalling back on spring creek drive?

June 2, 2015, 4:40 p.m.

cool, this sounds like a sweet loop. i bought the trail map for whistler and i just want to make sure i know what you're talking about. Do you mean climbing up the fireroad i highlighted in blue and then descending down Upper babylon to babylon by bike to see colours and puke to high side to hihi then crossing over on highline and finishing on duncans then finally pedalling back on spring creek drive?

you could do that, upper babylon is realistically more a double black though….about half way on your blue line take the turn to rider's right and up to lower babylon if you're not into a really hard climb up to Upper Babylon.

June 2, 2015, 4:53 p.m.

you could do that, upper babylon is realistically more a double black though….about half way on your blue line take the turn to rider's right and up to lower babylon if you're not into a really hard climb up to Upper Babylon.

cool. thanks. I also just realized that "microwave climb" leaves from right near the bottom of duncans. can i park there and climb from there?

finally, if you had to chose between riding microclimate or howler…which would it be?

June 2, 2015, 7:38 p.m.

cool. thanks. I also just realized that "microwave climb" leaves from right near the bottom of duncans. can i park there and climb from there?

finally, if you had to chose between riding microclimate or howler…which would it be?

if you're going to ride up from the interpretive forest parking and heading to SCAP I'd recommend going up lower babylon. a bit quicker than the road….personally re. Micro or Howler, I'd go with howler…awesome views of the valley, definitely more open and loose/rocky, good option after rain. Microclimate is rad too, but more dark woods, super rooty fun, no views.

June 3, 2015, 7:39 a.m.

I agree with Flip on turning off to the right. I should have been clearer. Let us know what you think.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

June 3, 2015, 9:02 a.m.

Looking for some help from you Whislter locals and those in the know. Heading up next week with a few friends and am trying to pin down a loop. We are all in our 40's and in good shape (read: not xc race shape!), intermediate to advanced riders in our group. I'm thinking a single black type loop would be perfect. We are more into tech / flow and not so much gaps, etc. I have been looking at Howler and some other loops mentioned previously on this thread.
If anyone would like to suggest a 3 hour loop, that would be much appreciated. I will be buying a map once in Whistler. I am very familiar w/ the park, but have limited experience with the valley trails. Ideally, something with some views, lots of greenery. Thanks for any info!

June 3, 2015, 9:32 a.m.

Looking for some help from you Whislter locals and those in the know. Heading up next week with a few friends and am trying to pin down a loop. We are all in our 40's and in good shape (read: not xc race shape!), intermediate to advanced riders in our group. I'm thinking a single black type loop would be perfect. We are more into tech / flow and not so much gaps, etc. I have been looking at Howler and some other loops mentioned previously on this thread.
If anyone would like to suggest a 3 hour loop, that would be much appreciated. I will be buying a map once in Whistler. I am very familiar w/ the park, but have limited experience with the valley trails. Ideally, something with some views, lots of greenery. Thanks for any info!

Go up StoneBridge to Flank across to Pura Vida then Baby Snakes, Danimal, A La Mode, 3 Birds, Danimal to Danimal North, which is always a good time.

It's one I recommended before, and fits your time line and level noted. Nice views good greenery, FUN trails.

June 3, 2015, 9:50 a.m.

Go up StoneBridge to Flank across to Pura Vida then Baby Snakes, Danimal, A La Mode, 3 Birds, Danimal to Danimal North, which is always a good time.

It's one I recommended before, and fits your time line and level noted. Nice views good greenery, FUN trails.

Thanks very much. This is one of the loops that I was thinking, as I had read your previous post. I think we'll give this a go. Cheers.

June 3, 2015, 11:56 a.m.

Thanks very much. This is one of the loops that I was thinking, as I had read your previous post. I think we'll give this a go. Cheers.

I think I was the one it was recommended to a few months back. Highly suggest you check it out, I was really impressed, especially Pura Vida. Need to quell the bike park addiction so I can see more of the valley.

June 3, 2015, 2:32 p.m.

Up Yummy Numby then hang a left on Comfortably Numb and exit through the Lost Lake trails (Packard Goose, Not Satisfied, Grand Wazoo) is fun and not too demanding. Climb up and do Hey Bud first before Yummy if you've got a full tank of gas to burn (Hey Bud's super fun, but steep).

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

June 3, 2015, 3:08 p.m.

Up Yummy Numby then hang a left on Comfortably Numb and exit through the Lost Lake trails (Packard Goose, Not Satisfied, Grand Wazoo) is fun and not too demanding. Climb up and do Hey Bud first before Yummy if you've got a full tank of gas to burn (Hey Bud's super fun, but steep).

If he is describing the group as 'intermediate - advanced' microclimate instead of hey bud might be a better option, of course adding those to a Yummy/4play loop makes a pretty big ride.

Another 'loop' would be the one people were just talking about in here; up lower Babylon down SCAP and high side, up high line and do business time. Or to cut it a little shorter and still hit all the best parts without any brutal climbing; up bottom of SCAP (and take farside to get over there) to high side then all the same after that.

June 4, 2015, 9 p.m.

Has anyone ridden up up and away yet this year? I've never ridden it but was thinking of checking it out this weekend or next

June 4, 2015, 11:14 p.m.

Has anyone ridden up up and away yet this year? I've never ridden it but was thinking of checking it out this weekend or next

will have some good beta after tmrw….the snow has gone quickly up there in the past week and a half, but I'd imagine the approach still has a lot of deep patches, we'll see I guess

June 5, 2015, 11:53 a.m.

If he is describing the group as 'intermediate - advanced' microclimate instead of hey bud might be a better option, of course adding those to a Yummy/4play loop makes a pretty big ride.

Another 'loop' would be the one people were just talking about in here; up lower Babylon down SCAP and high side, up high line and do business time. Or to cut it a little shorter and still hit all the best parts without any brutal climbing; up bottom of SCAP (and take farside to get over there) to high side then all the same after that.

That would be a good plan, finishing up a lost lake is always a good plan a cooling swim. Not sure you'd want to be climbing up to Hey Bud / Microclimate in 29c heat but it didn't do me much harm when we did

Shredding hypothetical gnarr