Whistler 2015 Trail Conditions - not in the bike park

April 9, 2015, 10:26 p.m.

It looked and felt like regular white clothing thread. It was moderately easy to break/tear.
The only place that I saw it was running along the trail proper. I didn't see any other lines elsewhere off trail. Only on the trail.
It was as if someone had walked the length of the trail while unwinding a spool of thread.
And, there wasn't any thread to be seen near where the the tree thinning was happening. Which was just up from the disc golf course.

April 10, 2015, 8 a.m.

FYI, the thinning work will work it's way up trail, and eventually finish about 1/3 of the way down the from the top of TV, it's a substantial project. Checked out the work they're doing last night while walking the dog, they're burning on site too so at least they aren't bringing in equipment to skid logs out or stuff like that, so overall impact should be minimized. From what I saw last night things are relatively tidy at this point.

April 10, 2015, 8:23 a.m.

It looked and felt like regular white clothing thread. It was moderately easy to break/tear.
The only place that I saw it was running along the trail proper. I didn't see any other lines elsewhere off trail. Only on the trail.
It was as if someone had walked the length of the trail while unwinding a spool of thread.
And, there wasn't any thread to be seen near where the the tree thinning was happening. Which was just up from the disc golf course.

Yeah it's string from a string box of someone surveying the trail which tallies distance as string is pulled out. Too bad they weren't courteous enough to take it down after.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usedphotosna/43908741_614.jpg

April 11, 2015, 11:17 p.m.

Speaking of surveying, is there any update with that land dispute on the west side? Are ac/dc and three birds still supposed to be off limits?

April 12, 2015, 7:49 a.m.

Speaking of surveying, is there any update with that land dispute on the west side? Are ac/dc and three birds still supposed to be off limits?

The land is back up for sale if you are interested. If I have straight it is also only Danimal S that is effected.

With it back up for sale, the current land owner has likely lost interest in whatever plans they had to develop.

April 12, 2015, 7:51 a.m.

acdc and three birds actually aren't a part of that dispute, and technically the end of industrial/babysnakes, and then over to middle danimal is just above the property in question. The trails considered off limits are danimal south, thc, moose knuckles, and the bottom part of lower sproatt by the microwave tower at the hydro cut. The property has new for sale signs on it, but it's crappy property regardless of their assertion that it's the trails that are devaluing the property….mostly it's the crisscrossing hydro right of ways and steep unbuildable terrain that makes it worthless, but that's just most peoples opinion, the land owner is pretty delusional and just bitter the RMOW won't give them extra development rights.

April 13, 2015, 8:53 a.m.

Thanks for the update. And I'll pass on buying the land for now.

Rode Tunnel vision yesterday, didn't pick up any magic surveying string.

April 14, 2015, 6:09 p.m.

Any new snow?

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

April 15, 2015, 12:14 a.m.

A few higher trails probably got some, snow line from the recent snow is like 1000 or 1200m, I'm sure anything at that elevation is ridable and it will be gone soon.

April 15, 2015, 2:51 p.m.

High Society this past Sunday and there was no snow worth mentioning.

April 16, 2015, 12:10 a.m.

Is Howler or at least lower Howler clear? Billy Epic was good yesterday, although it did start hailing.

April 20, 2015, 8:58 p.m.

Is micro climate ridable yet?

April 20, 2015, 11:04 p.m.

Is micro climate ridable yet?

that trail is so last year. but, yes. for many weeks now.

April 21, 2015, 7:24 p.m.

To anyone who likes riding some of the easier trails in Whistler around the Cheakamus lake area (Riverside, Interpretive Forest). They are reviewing trail use in the area. Seems some people are complaining about conflicts.

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/trails-to-be-reviewed-for-conflict/Content?oid=2644783[HTML_REMOVED]fb_action_ids=843718229033802[HTML_REMOVED]fb_action_types=og.likes

If this area is important for you, consider emailing the Mayor and Council, include your address, about why these trails are important for you. You might have kids, you like a nice easy ride, access to the river, access to Cheakamus Lake etc.

[email protected]

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

April 23, 2015, 12:53 p.m.

If this area is important for you, consider emailing the Mayor and Council, include your address, about why these trails are important for you. You might have kids, you like a nice easy ride, access to the river, access to Cheakamus Lake etc.

[email protected]

Thanks. Letter = sent.