Whistler 2014 Trail Conditions - not in the bike park

May 2, 2014, 8:47 p.m.

Went up to ibt via riverside. A few snowy patches that had to be walked on the road but that will disappear in a few days with the rain. Not much snow left near Duncan's picture now - the trail is clear from that point on.

Nice work on am pm - that trail is riding very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 5, 2014, 9:19 p.m.

beaver pond, 99er, middle danimal, lower sproat, 3 birds, acdc….so good to shred westside again! just a few snow patches on 3 birds….new work on mid danimal is nice, makes a really hard climb, just slightly easier, although still really hard!

May 5, 2014, 9:32 p.m.

Rode Lost Lake Trails on Saturday post skiing. Great conditions. Buff and fast. Then a quick loop after skiing Sunday up Lower Sproat/Al La Mode/Piece Cake and then left to I.D. Fast loop prior to dinner. All good. Great to ride in Whis again.

Some photos of Lost Lake Saturday late afternoon in the Whistler Snow Thread.

May 5, 2014, 10:09 p.m.

I haven't skied in almost a month….I totally lose interest when bike season comes back! :)

May 7, 2014, 12:51 p.m.

Hey I'm headed to whistler for a day tomorrow, looking to ride some all-mountain or xc style trails with the lady friend. I don't know of anything outside the bike park, any recommendations? Looking for something "blue" level, so not too technical, around an hour long and no problems with climbing steeper pitches.

May 7, 2014, 2:26 p.m.

Easy answer, lost lake trails. Start at passive house, do the blue single track behind the building (peaches, pinnocios etc)) and follow all those out to nick north, then do the other ones on the other side(central scrutinizer grandwazoo etc)) back to the lake

May 7, 2014, 4:01 p.m.

The suggested loop by the muni is actually a pretty good relatively "blue" loop: http://www.whistler.com/resources/pdf/maps/whistler_bike_trails.pdf

But it'll likely take most a couple hours to do this (or more).

Kevin26's rec's are good and is basically the first part of this loop. But when done "Gee I Like Your Pants", go back up Hooktender and Tommy Moore to get to Not Satisfied/Jonny/Grand Wazoo…

If you wanna' get out of the village and have less rider's this time of year, you can park at Alpha Lake do Lower Sproat, Piece of Cake, A La Mode, back to Lower Sproat, to Beaver Pond, Danimal North, to Whip Me Snip Me and then ride the Valley Trail back to where you started. This is probably 1.5 hours for a competent fit blue square rider depending on your pace. Maybe longer? Gorgeous views and fun riding.

Good website: http://www.3dwhistler.com/?season=summer

May 8, 2014, 10:06 a.m.

Great thanks!

May 8, 2014, 10:10 a.m.

did the yummy foreplay loop last night, just a bit of snow after you join up with foreplay in that old growth treed depression area, should go quick though, foreplay was awesome and technical and chundery as always!

May 8, 2014, 1:17 p.m.

Rode White Knuckles in Emerald last night, one little snowy spot which should be gone shortly. Fun, technical, rocky trail!

May 11, 2014, 11:56 a.m.

Hey, I apologize if this is the wrong thread, but I'm heading to Whistler beginning of this week and was looking forward to exploring the trails outside the park. Already got some cool suggestions from the posts above, but being solo (unless I manage to convince my fiancee to join me) and new to the area I would totally love to have some company on the trails. Post-ride beers and food on me of course :)

May 18, 2014, noon

Rode KMTM Saturday and it was in fantastic shape. Big grins on the few other riders we saw said it all.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

May 18, 2014, 7:57 p.m.

stonebridge flank trails, good to go…double black sunday shredding, so fun!

May 19, 2014, 7:21 p.m.

Thanks to whomever removed the fallen tree off Tunnel Vision. Unless I imagined it because I could have sworn there was something down on Friday night with a twig ramp on the uphill side and Saturday too. No evidence of it now. I took out all the low branches today. Rip it ladies and gents!

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 19, 2014, 7:30 p.m.

Thanks to whomever removed the fallen tree off Tunnel Vision. Unless I imagined it because I could have sworn there was something down on Friday night with a twig ramp on the uphill side and Saturday too. No evidence of it now. I took out all the low branches today. Rip it ladies and gents!

Sarah mentioned it to me after a dog walk the other day, so I sent the worca trail gnomes an email….looks like they're on the ball!