Whistler 2014 Trail Conditions - not in the bike park

Nov. 16, 2014, 11:49 a.m.

Technically they are not loamers. Frozeners? Pretty fricken awesome to do a ride this time of year and the bike is still clean after. So Flip, what's it gonna be called? Low Side? Low Life. Lowhi. Low life? I saw your work. I can help sometime in the spring when appropriate.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Nov. 16, 2014, 8:10 p.m.

thanks for beta. Dog was sick, had to postpone day trip until tomorrow.

hey bud vs micro climate for a never-have-done before…

assuming it warms up slightly, plan was for a morning lap on that then over to ibt area for an afternoon-ish spin.

Nov. 16, 2014, 8:27 p.m.

though the road up to howler was a frozen ice sheet the trail conditions on howler/green monster were fantastic.

Nov. 16, 2014, 8:57 p.m.

I went for a hey bud, yummy, golden door, CN, Jeff's this aft, stellar riding, everything was so grippy and fast!

Nov. 16, 2014, 10:36 p.m.

hey bud vs micro climate for a never-have-done before…

Micro is easier of those two, the rain wasn't nice and it got super muddy this fall, don't know much about how the freeze has helped though. Hey bud is steep, rough, fast, lots of fun on either.

Nov. 16, 2014, 11:20 p.m.

Micro for sure is easier, but fixes to HB sound pretty tempting. Will be up in Whis around 10:30 Wednesday for what will perhaps be the last dry ride of the year (I sort of hope)…

Howler sounding like a choice option to possibly finish off my Whistler riding season.

Nov. 17, 2014, 7:02 a.m.

Hey bud was good, definitely a few new bits, although still feels overly braided imo….I'd probably pass on it in favour of MC in the future, or check out Crazy Train.

Nov. 17, 2014, 8:36 a.m.

Hey bud was good, definitely a few new bits, although still feels overly braided imo….I'd probably pass on it in favour of MC in the future, or check out Crazy Train.

I haven't done the other 2, but I thoroughly enjoyed Hey Bud when I rode it for the first time a couple weekends ago. Steep and rowdy. So if that's the worst of the 3 in the zone, I guess you can't go wrong.

Nov. 17, 2014, 9:30 a.m.

I haven't done the other 2, but I thoroughly enjoyed Hey Bud when I rode it for the first time a couple weekends ago. Steep and rowdy. So if that's the worst of the 3 in the zone, I guess you can't go wrong.

that's very true, I don't mean to say Hey Bud is bad, I just prefer either of the other two options.

Nov. 17, 2014, 6:05 p.m.

that's very true, I don't mean to say Hey Bud is bad, I just prefer either of the other two options.

I think the fact that you probably rode it when it was a sliver of loam thru bright green makes its current state harder to handle. Hell, even i notice the major changes its had since i started riding it.

Rode Kashmir Kush and lower bc trail today. Kashmir and Kush seem to have suffered really bad from the recent rain. Solid rain ruts down most of the steep parts Kush and lots on the steeper parts of kashmir. Like a river has just flowed down it. Such a bummer. new work on bc trail (from the enduro) is running great.

Nov. 17, 2014, 8:07 p.m.

I think the fact that you probably rode it when it was a sliver of loam thru bright green makes its current state harder to handle. Hell, even i notice the major changes its had since i started riding it.

Rode Kashmir Kush and lower bc trail today. Kashmir and Kush seem to have suffered really bad from the recent rain. Solid rain ruts down most of the steep parts Kush and lots on the steeper parts of kashmir. Like a river has just flowed down it. Such a bummer. new work on bc trail (from the enduro) is running great.

Kashmir's been kinda hammered all year, I'm sure that monsoon few weeks of rain did not help….Kush has always been pretty one rut, although JB made a go of importing lots of rotting log golden duffy goodness onto the trail tread for a couple of seasons…I do remember the first fall of those two trails, 2008, man oh man, that was the good shit! ;)

Nov. 17, 2014, 8:21 p.m.

Kashmir's been kinda hammered all year, I'm sure that monsoon few weeks of rain did not help….Kush has always been pretty one rut, although JB made a go of importing lots of rotting log golden duffy goodness onto the trail tread for a couple of seasons…I do remember the first fall of those two trails, 2008, man oh man, that was the good shit! ;)

that saddens me.

We rode Kahsmir in Aug this year and noticed quite a difference from when we rode it in early June.

Oh well, I'm still QOM, LEGIT!

I'll say it now… it will be in the enduro next year and it will never be the same. which is a right of passage I guess.

Kush has also changed, but not really as much so long as you can stick the rut and not hit that damn tree!

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Nov. 17, 2014, 8:33 p.m.

did micro climate to yummy-CN and it was great.

last corner of MC, right above horstman ck is iced over. trail was in good cond, but looks like it has been hit pretty hard over the past month. Lots of frozen ruts

Nov. 17, 2014, 9:36 p.m.

that saddens me.

We rode Kahsmir in Aug this year and noticed quite a difference from when we rode it in early June.

Oh well, I'm still QOM, LEGIT!

I'll say it now… it will be in the enduro next year and it will never be the same. which is a right of passage I guess.

Kush has also changed, but not really as much so long as you can stick the rut and not hit that damn tree!

Interesting. Rode Kush in September with the boy and the Mrs. and thought it was riding pretty nicely. The boy loved it. Then hit BC trail, which was a bit over his head, and unquestionably worse condition, despite trail work.

I love the concept of the EWS, just not on our local trails… sigh.

Nov. 17, 2014, 10:39 p.m.

Kashmir won't be in the EWS, it's too up-hilly. It's on WB's radar though re. maintenance since it's in the CRA, it'll have work done on it in the coming seasons I'd expect….rumor is a huge RDS re-route/build too this past fall, among some other things. And it's not that Kush doesn't ride good, or even Kashmir for that matter, it's just that much like most trails, they're significantly different than they were in their early years. And neither of them have had much work in the last couple years, so they aren't that bad considering.