Whistler 2013 Trail Conditions (outside of the Bike Park) (now Merged)

April 19, 2013, 6:18 p.m.

Rode - Farside-[HTML_REMOVED]Highline-[HTML_REMOVED]IBT this afternoon.

Farside: Only rideable on the lower half of the trail up to the suspension bridge. Went out to the road at that point and continued to push through snow on the road to Highline.

Highline: Pushed through snow until the high point then it was rideable to the Microwave Road. Then pushed up to the entrance of IBT.

IBT: Snow just after the first few uphill corners and just past Duncan's picture. Then it is almost completely snow free. There are a few trees down. I wasn't riding with a pack so no saw handy. I think I could have removed only 2 of the 3 with a hand saw that I came across.

It was well worth the push to ride the trail.

April 19, 2013, 11:34 p.m.

Most of emerald is open, some snow in low/open/northy parts.
Lower westside stuff mostly open.
We're at least a month ahead of the last couple years.

April 28, 2013, 8:44 p.m.

Piece of Cake, Lower Sproat Flank and A La Mode are clear up to 3 Birds.
3 Birds is a lot of pushing through snow until you're out under the powerlines. From that point it is clear straight through AC/DC and High Voltage.

April 28, 2013, 9:04 p.m.

Cougar warning, no not Bill's….friend saw 2 cougars this morning at the top of AMPM chowing down on something likely deer-like…definitely not the first time as I've come across shredded deer hair up there before….keep your head up!

April 28, 2013, 9:32 p.m.

Cougar warning, no not Bill's….friend saw 2 cougars this morning at the top of AMPM chowing down on something likely deer-like…definitely not the first time as I've come across shredded deer hair up there before….keep your head up!

Was this by the road?

Good to know, I rode IBT/AM-PM at noon today. I was at the bench lookout and stopped for a bit, thought I was being watched, thought about cougars lol…sketchy.

Highline still has some snow patches and a couple of deeep puddles, IBT/AM-PM proper are clear.

Get Over It is clear as well.

April 29, 2013, 9:07 a.m.

Was this by the road?

Good to know, I rode IBT/AM-PM at noon today. I was at the bench lookout and stopped for a bit, thought I was being watched, thought about cougars lol…sketchy.

Highline still has some snow patches and a couple of deeep puddles, IBT/AM-PM proper are clear.

Get Over It is clear as well.

on the road right by the start of AMPM, apparently. My buddies dog used to find deer leg bones in that whole area while scouting/building, the area upslope of IBT is really bluffy and old growthy and definitely gives off a "being watched" vibe!

April 29, 2013, 11:11 a.m.

Rode - Farside-[HTML_REMOVED]Highline-[HTML_REMOVED]IBT this afternoon.

Farside: Only rideable on the lower half of the trail up to the suspension bridge. Went out to the road at that point and continued to push through snow on the road to Highline.

Highline: Pushed through snow until the high point then it was rideable to the Microwave Road. Then pushed up to the entrance of IBT.

IBT: Snow just after the first few uphill corners and just past Duncan's picture. Then it is almost completely snow free. There are a few trees down. I wasn't riding with a pack so no saw handy. I think I could have removed only 2 of the 3 with a hand saw that I came across.

It was well worth the push to ride the trail.

I rode all of far side yesterday. Hardly any snow left. Rode most of Highline where I had walk just a couple short snow patches. Zero snow on IBT. I stopped at bench too. My dog was only interested in the stick he had chosen out of many. I am sure if he caught the scent of a cat that he'd be chasing.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

April 29, 2013, 8:27 p.m.

Tried to ride Golden boner today. Not so good, still a wee bit high. From half way down was getting better, and roam in the loam was snow free.

April 29, 2013, 9 p.m.

Anyone try Yummy Numby - Foreplay yet?

April 29, 2013, 9:59 p.m.

Anyone try Yummy Numby - Foreplay yet?

co-worker told me they tried to run YN on the weekend, no dice.

April 30, 2013, 3:36 p.m.

^put it on the back burner then. Thanks.

May 2, 2013, 5:16 p.m.

http://www.whistler.com/blog/post/2013/05/02/whistler-spring-bike-herodirt.aspx

Whistler insider suggests Billy epic as good to go? Seemed a bit high to me. Any confirmations?

May 2, 2013, 10:20 p.m.

Rode piece of cake, ala mode, up high society and traversed to the industrial disease bridge. Neatly all clear of snow and 100% clear of branches. Moose knuckles has some hanging trees but they are easily see able. Three birds lots of snow in places, none on acdc which is clear. Same with daninsl north

May 3, 2013, 11:31 a.m.

Rode piece of cake, ala mode, up high society and traversed to the industrial disease bridge. Neatly all clear of snow and 100% clear of branches. Moose knuckles has some hanging trees but they are easily see able. Three birds lots of snow in places, none on acdc which is clear. Same with daninsl north

I'm sure this weekend will clear alot of this stuff up once and for all.

May 3, 2013, 12:17 p.m.

I'm sure this weekend will clear alot of this stuff up once and for all.

Until the next dump of snow. :) Its only early May.