Whistler 2013 Bike Park Conditions

Sept. 24, 2013, 5:31 p.m.

Last rode bike park Sunday, was wet then, xc last two days was good hasn't rained much

Sept. 26, 2013, 7:01 p.m.

I love the bike park in the fall

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Sept. 26, 2013, 10:27 p.m.

Soooo sweet up there today! … . Other than the weekend like lines.
The hero dirt was well worth the waits though.

Sept. 29, 2013, 6:27 p.m.

buddy from work went up today to the roundhouse to check out the snow, he has pictures with snow up to his waist just above roundhouse and knee deep at top of gondola. Snow goes to the bottom of 7th. and still dumping. Thats a lot of snow for this time of year. I remember dustings and some big dumps early but not this much in my 15 years here. Garbo laps will be interesting this weekend for some….

mtbskierdad

Sept. 29, 2013, 10:12 p.m.

I went up on sat to check it out too, crazy. Garbo zone closed for bikes now I think :( shut sat and sun probably gunna stay that way with the forecast for more snow

Oct. 1, 2013, 7:20 a.m.

Ya, I'd say Garbo is done…

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Oct. 2, 2013, 9:07 a.m.

Snow line was a couple hundred metres up garbanzo yesterday! Trails are running pretty slow and soft, lots of runnels from all the rain. No body was there though, it was like having a private bike bark yesterday! Forecast looks better for the final two weeks, get it while you can!

Oct. 3, 2013, 1:20 p.m.

This morning was great, a little cool and the snowline is halfway down the garbo chair. It looks like WB is taking off the bike carriers for garbo as well. Nice tacky dirt, a little mucky here and there but better than I thought…good times!

Oct. 6, 2013, 8:29 p.m.

Garbanzo Zone open, but the Garbo lift was closed. Opening @ 11 am had 4 inches of snow at Una Moss down to the second trail section below Garbo lift. The snowline rose over the day - mostly sunny with thin overcast. Garbo was really wet and early riders had about a 10-15 minute walk in the snow down to the garbo trails. Most of the lower trails open (Fade 2 Black, Dwayne Johnson closed), trails a little spongy, roots and some rock faces slippery, but pretty good and all with the braking bumps softened up. If it can stay reasonably warm and dry for a few days may not be a bad closing week.

Oct. 7, 2013, 5:06 p.m.

Garbanzo Zone open, but the Garbo lift was closed. Opening @ 11 am had 4 inches of snow at Una Moss down to the second trail section below Garbo lift. The snowline rose over the day - mostly sunny with thin overcast. Garbo was really wet and early riders had about a 10-15 minute walk in the snow down to the garbo trails. Most of the lower trails open (Fade 2 Black, Dwayne Johnson closed), trails a little spongy, roots and some rock faces slippery, but pretty good and all with the braking bumps softened up. If it can stay reasonably warm and dry for a few days may not be a bad closing week.

We were up the Gondy on Saturday and there was at least 2 feet of snow. Top of Freight Train was super squirrley but 1/3 way down totally ridable. Will be fun as hell next year.

Oct. 8, 2013, 7:23 p.m.

Still soft all over the park but tech trails are where it's at right now. Saw the aftermath of a crash before the first corner under the lift on Aline. Lots of blood and dude was twitching a bit. I didn't see the crash but I can picture a rear tire case on first jump then nose wheelie to OTB head first into the bottom of tranny. The air ambulance was flying in shortly after. Didn't seem good.

mtbskierdad

Oct. 9, 2013, 11:42 a.m.

Given the weather forecast and the fact that it's closing weekend, how much of a gong show is it gonna' be??? Estimates/predictions???

Oct. 9, 2013, 11:43 a.m.

Given the weather forecast and the fact that it's closing weekend, how much of a gong show is it gonna' be??? Estimates/predictions???

Singles line out of the cattle gates. Unruly mob at entrance of already-filled cattle gates.

Oct. 12, 2013, 4:42 p.m.

Trail crew replaced all the double-sided tape on all the flow trails.

Oct. 12, 2013, 4:46 p.m.

Trail crew replaced all the double-sided tape on all the flow trails.

My turn to be jealous of you!