Whistler 2013 Bike Park Conditions

Sept. 15, 2013, 7:03 p.m.

Easy peasy, we left around 3 and there wasn't much for traffic until we hit town

You son of a bitch.

The correct answer was, "It took us EIGHT HOURS to get home".

Sept. 15, 2013, 7:15 p.m.

You son of a bitch.

The correct answer was, "It took us EIGHT HOURS to get home".

haha, it's really gonna kill you to know there was minimal lines too. It was busy at the bottom 1st thing in the morning so we did a couple garbo laps. I wasn't sure where the closures were so I didn't get to see the new FT work, then hit a-line for most of the rest of the day with only a couple minute wait for a chair each time.

The skies opened up just as we were getting ready to leave, massive rain and lightning. We were happy we got up there early and hit it hard and left before the weather turned.

It got pretty hot throughout the day, I actually got a bit of sunburn!

Sept. 15, 2013, 7:52 p.m.

It got pretty hot throughout the day, I actually got a bit of sunburn!

OK, now you're just being mean.

Sept. 15, 2013, 8:37 p.m.

Garbo is only running on the weekend. How much do you love your Una Moss? Of all the things I'd like them to do is make a real trail down from the gondy to the various trailheads.

This could be 3 separate posts in the "First World Problems" thread.

Sept. 15, 2013, 8:54 p.m.

Srly I think I got heat exhaustion up there Tuesday/Wednesday

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 15, 2013, 9:09 p.m.

Srly I think I got heat exhaustion up there Tuesday/Wednesday

I think I lost 10 pounds riding to gondola up to Garbo on Wednesday afternoon! No big deal really because I need the weight loss but damn was it hot.

Sept. 16, 2013, 8:56 a.m.

Heard it was 14 degrees and foggy in Vancouver this weekend?

Top of the World running great. Not sure what the plan will be for Section 7 next year, but it was closed due to wetness, and I noticed that it has been pretty greasy in that section even though there has been little rainfall.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Sept. 16, 2013, 11:45 a.m.

Heard it was 14 degrees and foggy in Vancouver this weekend

Sure but the Fromme trails were running beautifully well above the Vancouver fog!

Sept. 16, 2013, 12:17 p.m.

Ill be up tomorrow. Hopefully its not as wet as I think it is going to be

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 17, 2013, 1:34 p.m.

Anyone going up tomorrow have room for 2 people and 2 bikes? We'll pitch for gas/beer!

Also, I'm assuming that Crank it up is the best run for someone who wants to learn how to jump? I'm sick of being afraid of jumping.

I've been running Blue Velvet and can fully clear some of the jumps but I mostly pussy out and land about 2/3 of the way on the flat. Would you think stick to BV and just commit or work my way up on CIU?

Sept. 17, 2013, 1:55 p.m.

Also, I'm assuming that Crank it up is the best run for someone who wants to learn how to jump? I'm sick of being afraid of jumping.

I've been running Blue Velvet and can fully clear some of the jumps but I mostly pussy out and land about 2/3 of the way on the flat. Would you think stick to BV and just commit or work my way up on CIU?

CIU is actually more tame than BV..

Sept. 17, 2013, 1:56 p.m.

CIU is actually more tame than BV..

That's exactly what I mean. Should I continue trying BV or do you think it would be better to master CIU and then do BV.

My inclination would be to keep on BV for now.

Sept. 17, 2013, 1:57 p.m.

Anyone going up tomorrow have room for 2 people and 2 bikes? We'll pitch for gas/beer!

Run CiU a bunch. Once you're easily landing of the backside of all the jumps, start looking for the 'extra' senders on the sides of the jumps preceding many of the jumps turning them into doubles.

Once you get clean runs on Crank it Up consistently then head for Blue Velvet. But for the love of gawd, stay off the brakes on upper BV…..the braking bumps are killer!

Moving on to Dirt Merchant after that….:agree: me favorite!

Sept. 17, 2013, 2:20 p.m.

That's exactly what I mean. Should I continue trying BV or do you think it would be better to master CIU and then do BV.

My inclination would be to keep on BV for now.

If you're comfy with BV, stick with BV. At this point it's all about repetition.

Keep on keepin' on!

Sept. 17, 2013, 2:26 p.m.

Thanks for all the advice guys :)

I'm all good in the techy stuff since I ride on the shore a couple times a week, and I've done the container jump and I'm comfortable with small/medium drops.

This is the year that I give my fear of jumping the middle finger.