Whistler 2013 Bike Park Conditions

June 16, 2013, 7:14 p.m.

She was running hot and dusty today a la mid-August.

June 16, 2013, 8:10 p.m.

Did they slightly alter Technoir this year? The steep pitch before the rock roll seems different this year… and it seems they sharpened all the rocks there. I imagine many a tire and rim will fall to those this year.

Also, has the entrance to Dirty been closed for a while?

Nature sharpened the rocks. The steep pitch was altered part way through last season to maintain an actual trail into it.

The entrance to Dirt Merch is closed indefinitely. It was done last weekend. It's a speed issue for the subsequent jumps, nothing to do with the filter feature.

June 16, 2013, 9:14 p.m.

Nature sharpened the rocks. The steep pitch was altered part way through last season to maintain an actual trail into it.

The entrance to Dirt Merch is closed indefinitely. It was done last weekend. It's a speed issue for the subsequent jumps, nothing to do with the filter feature.

Makes sense. Last weekend I was overshooting the first jumps before the step-down almost every time, that's not happened in previous years. With them being so close together, things can go sideways in a hurry when you land one on the flat

June 16, 2013, 10 p.m.

Nickel, if I slip someone a $20 do you think they'd spin up Garbo on Friday for me?

June 16, 2013, 10:05 p.m.

Nickel, if I slip someone a $20 do you think they'd spin up Garbo on Friday for me?

Why not just put your bike on the gondola?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 17, 2013, 7:14 a.m.

She was running hot and dusty today a la mid-August.

After the thunderstorm blew through it was hero dirt :-)

June 18, 2013, 9:41 a.m.

Why not just put your bike on the gondola?

then what ??? Ski down to garbo zone from the roundhouse ??

surely there's still a considerable amount of snow up there

June 18, 2013, 11:08 a.m.

Makes sense. Last weekend I was overshooting the first jumps before the step-down almost every time, that's not happened in previous years. With them being so close together, things can go sideways in a hurry when you land one on the flat

I don't understand this. Isn't there a potential to overshoot every jump on the mountain? Personally I thought the first step up just throws you goofy, speed or not. Shouldn't you be able to gauge your speed and check it before launch or was it killing people who were rolling in the for the first time? I know they bagged at least 2 people there in the last few weeks.

June 18, 2013, 11:18 a.m.

I don't understand this. Isn't there a potential to overshoot every jump on the mountain? Personally I thought the first step up just throws you goofy, speed or not. Shouldn't you be able to gauge your speed and check it before launch or was it killing people who were rolling in the for the first time? I know they bagged at least 2 people there in the last few weeks.

I was talking with a friend about this yesterday. I go slow enough off the step down, into the jump/corner and off the first step down that this was never an issue for me - however, I'm pretty slow. Kids these days have no fear and have no speed limit. The new entrance doesn't take away from the awesomeness of the trail.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 18, 2013, 8:28 p.m.

if I slip someone a $20 do you think they'd spin up Garbo on Friday for me?

Grade A Guaranteed.

Isn't there a potential to overshoot every jump on the mountain?

Probably.

Shouldn't you be able to gauge your speed and check it before launch

You'd think so.

Kids these days have no fear and have no speed limit.

I don't think so. I think there's a certain type of person who either:
A) Came here 4 years ago and assumes every lip, every corner, every root will be exactly the same.
or B) Just can't be bothered to check out the trail slowly and just goes for it.

The new entrance doesn't take away from the awesomeness of the trail.

Quoted for truth [HTML_REMOVED] less braking bumps.

June 21, 2013, 5:35 p.m.

She was wet and greasy today. Still so much fun.

Garbo has got to be soup. Judging from the steady stream of cars coming up to Whistler this aft, I figure there'll be 500,000 people in the village this weekend.

June 21, 2013, 5:43 p.m.

Tough mudder weekend. So, you are right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

June 22, 2013, 5:57 p.m.

Whats open in Garbo?

June 22, 2013, 8:58 p.m.

Bloody hell people, what's the deal! Is Garbo a mess? Is it great all things considered?

We gotta know!

June 22, 2013, 9:50 p.m.

The W/B website says 100% of Garbo trails are open with "excellent conditions from mid-station down". Sounds like it could be a muck-fest.

Thread killer