>> Whistler 2007 << Thoughts, ideas, positive suggestions !

Sept. 7, 2006, 8:54 p.m.

I heard a rumor of a curved wall being put on d-merch. That would be neato!

Sept. 7, 2006, 9:04 p.m.

can i say:
NO!
please never do that. Its the actaully full-out Give'r part on Aline, i love it, its fast and rocky. Make it harder or even and a drop and then a bigger berm at the bottom!

The berm at the bottom is fine.

More bricked berms would be nice, and wallrides on dirt merch or A-Line would be exciting as well.

Sept. 7, 2006, 9:13 p.m.

I can't believe i'm saying this but i love the top of that improvised trail going from the Roundhouse down to the top of Garbo. There should be a super smooth trail going from the top to the bottom of the mountain just right down some mellow ski runs, strait up top speed kamikazee run, maybe some big berms, with long smooth strait aways. You could call it Formula 1 or something like that. You heard it here first.

I think they could definitely be even more creative with the rockfaces and things up on Garbo, i see tons of faces under the chair that would be so mush fun if incorperated into a trail.

It's about time Whistler tries to figure out some kind of system to get some water on all the trails on a daily basis. I think they should have kona rig them up some stinky's with big ol' water tanks atached to them, maybe 3-4 gallons, with a pump that is run off the rear wheel, and a little spray nozle under the bike. It could maybe spray like 2 feet wide, just hit the trails where it counts. You could have a guy who just makes the rounds for a few hours a day and hits the trails that need it most. Hell, I'll do it. The bike wouldn't need to go fast, it'd just need to get down the trails.

Pure genious i am.

Teague

Sept. 7, 2006, 9:20 p.m.

- open the chicpea for lunch on garb
- i second the $200 earlybird pass idea
- more tech trails on garb to replace no joke (RIP)
- connect freight train so the rockstars dont ride the tech trails :D

other than that…THANK YOU WHISTLER for improving my riding skillz so much this season. can't believe i'm riding stuff now that in june scared the crap outta me (figuratively speaking)

Sept. 7, 2006, 9:26 p.m.

Im thinking maybe a private lift acessed area thats free with a seasons pass for experts only :P

Neh, Id like to see a little more maintainence. I love the WHIS and have only been there once but it seemed to me the berms on aline didnt get enough help, probalbly because its a huge place and cant be maintained easily, so maybe more staff ?

Also, something nice and techy like devils club but more challenging. Like im talking super wood trail, so again, like devils club but harder. That would be cooler

Sept. 8, 2006, 8:40 a.m.

1) Bigger discounts/perks for winter passholders buying a summer pass. We're your bread [HTML_REMOVED] butter - $50 doesn't cut it. Perhaps Whistler should make an annual pass option when one buys a winter pass in October. I bet their passholder numbers would skyrocket.
2) More Crank it Up style trails. I've been riding the park with my 9 year old this year and have found Crank it up great for helping him progress without the intimidation of hitting A-Line.
3) Take a tougher stance with ripper a-holes who treat newbs like dirt. Some of the behavior as reported here and elsewhere is simply unacceptable. To take the park to the next level they need to focus on making the experience a bit less intimidating for newbs with $$ to spend.
4) Really, could it be any better? Great job WBP! I feel so lucky to live here every time I hit the park (and the shore,etc).

Sept. 8, 2006, 8:53 a.m.

I heard a rumor of a curved wall being put on d-merch. That would be neato!

that would be sooo dope, they also should put the marzzochi wall back up where it used to be, i miss it

TANGENT

Sept. 8, 2006, 9:31 a.m.

The berm at the bottom is fine.

More bricked berms would be nice, and wallrides on dirt merch or A-Line would be exciting as well.

You do realize that's probably the most dangerous part of the mountain right? Ever looked on the other side of that berm? It's a fall to your death..

At the very least, a grom should sweep that berm once a week. I don't think whistler realizes how dangerous it is. All it will take is one person going over it to change their mind though..

Sept. 8, 2006, 2:32 p.m.

I like the idea of a curved wallride on Dirt Merchant.

More rooty loveliness trails like In Deep

A similar grade trail to No Joke as a replacement, but with more Schleyerererey features on it, such as rock rolls, some easy ladder work, a few tables here and there. Oh and plenty of singletrack with great, varied corners and interesting lines like the old No Joke

Please please please please sort out that first bridge jump on Schleyer - tyre bonking the first slat is just a bit sketch when jumping the thing…I ended up riding the start of Joyide instead as it just ruined the flow of the trail.

Place a second wallride on the left after the Duffman/Golden Triangle wallride.

Maybe do a bit of work to the last run of jumps on Freight Train? I just never found them to be as nice as jumps higher up on the trail, or say the start of Dirt Merch.

A harder entrance stunt on certain higher level trails. The A-Line feature may as well not be there IMO, you can roll the thing or ride around it! Certainly a warning on the harder trails, such as Goats. The number of people who find themselves out of their depth down there is quite worrying and it ruins the flow of riders who can ride it.

Sept. 8, 2006, 10:16 p.m.

You do realize that's probably the most dangerous part of the mountain right? Ever looked on the other side of that berm? It's a fall to your death..

At the very least, a grom should sweep that berm once a week. I don't think whistler realizes how dangerous it is. All it will take is one person going over it to change their mind though..

Maybe I should do it with full armor just for shits and giggles. :agree:

… good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.

Sept. 8, 2006, 10:39 p.m.

i've had a buddy wipe out on that spot, not sure if he went over the edge or not (this was about 2 yrs ago) - he got a concussion. he's got a few from whistler, last one just 2 weeks ago :P

personally i love that flat rocky section and then the downhill berm, no brakes, lean and just give'er. the adrenalin rush is amazing.

Sept. 9, 2006, 12:09 p.m.

Yes bring back the marzzochi wall!

Sept. 9, 2006, 1:40 p.m.

loop dee loop somewhere in the park

anus

Sept. 9, 2006, 1:53 p.m.

-replace every single berm on the mountain with bricked-in berms :)
-install wallrides like the first one on worldcup at silverstar
-a blue run from the top down
-something to replace no joke
-a watering system for the trail network so work can be done even when the rain is nowhere to be found
-a bike n' bean grill up top so we can have lunch and then drop in!
-open an hour earlier and close an hour later…for no other reason than..because
-200$ early purchaser seasons passes for a very limited time
-faster lifts? :)
….no no, a teleporter!

well the lifts cant go any faster if people cant load on them at that speed, and they cant trust us. 0.1 or .2 meters a second faster doesnt make much difference.
i'd like to see when the park says they're going to build something, that it gets built.
i'd like to build or see another trail like devils club and smoking mirrors with maybe a few more technical lines and wheely type drops just a single black and not as crazy as crack addict.
more tight single track like too tight or angry pirate.
an extension of crank it up to be a full length trail dropping into that valley a little more.
another no joke trail cause that trail was awesome all the way through especially for a hardtail not to brutal.
like to see fox or one of the other sponsors throw out some freebee clear water resistant jackets on rainy days like today.
a better longer and more publicly accessible boneyard.

here to ride but i'm to busy building

Sept. 9, 2006, 1:55 p.m.

1) Bigger discounts/perks for winter passholders buying a summer pass. We're your bread [HTML_REMOVED] butter - $50 doesn't cut it. Perhaps Whistler should make an annual pass option when one buys a winter pass in October. I bet their passholder numbers would skyrocket.
2) More Crank it Up style trails. I've been riding the park with my 9 year old this year and have found Crank it up great for helping him progress without the intimidation of hitting A-Line.
3) Take a tougher stance with ripper a-holes who treat newbs like dirt. Some of the behavior as reported here and elsewhere is simply unacceptable. To take the park to the next level they need to focus on making the experience a bit less intimidating for newbs with $$ to spend.
4) Really, could it be any better? Great job WBP! I feel so lucky to live here every time I hit the park (and the shore,etc).

if people reported bad behavior to lift operators, patrol and guest relations then maybe we could crack down on it as a whole, but when all people do is complain online then not much can be done

here to ride but i'm to busy building