wheeldrop and the Trespasser@crankworx NOW COMPLETE!

Aug. 18, 2010, 9:41 p.m.

This trail needs some love but it is by far the best trail I have ever rolled. This trail is not for the faint of heart or anyone who has regard for their personal safety. First thing i noticed was this trail had loam as well as real dirty, rock rolls, tight technical gnar. This trail has experts and pros asking themselves the question, "will i survive? Will i make it?"

The first person i thought of was my good ol pal Wheeldrop. Would he like this trail? Would he be scared and beg for forgiveness from the mountain gods for claiming that it was all getting a little too tame? I pondered this for a week or so as I recalled how under gunned i felt the first time i rolled it on my single crown Demo 7. My friend's words echoing in my brain "You may want to roll this on a big bike". I said "Nah, i can roll this down anything". I almost ate my words that day, but cleaned 90% of the trail with only a few stains in my shorts.

Bam!! Crankworx unleashes on Whistler. The park is now blotted with racers, tricksters and hordes of punters who want to taste a little slice of heaven we all take for granted. The dirt and conditions on most of the trails are punched,typical for the time of year with very little rain granted by the gods,dust clogs our pores and tempers flare as the trail system swells with punter congestion.

It is the day after slope style competition, first place taken by cam Zinc,the day of the dreaded Canadian Open, a grueling race course that changes peoples lives, some for the better others for worse.

I decide this day of all days we will escape the crowds and me and my 09 flatline with overhauled suspension by the boys at the Sram tent will go for the good stuff. I pitch the idea around, [HTML_REMOVED]#8220;Trespasser anyone[HTML_REMOVED]#8221;, my friend Jesse and guide of this wonderful trail,opts out for the promise of a sweet canoeing trip with his lady Dom and cooler temperatures and beer,my usually fearless brother has a sick look on his face like i kicked a puppy. He claims he[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s out, looks like it[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s going to be Wheels and myself. Determined we approach the start of the journey,out of the corner of my eyes my bro pins it around the corner a change of heart.The three little pigs reunited. My bro sporting the new Go Pro high def cam,looks like this little epic ride is going to be captured on film. Now all thoughts of Wheels bowing for mercy to the gods of the mountain are erased,this feral jungle cat was made for this,he shows no fear and uses the force,he is a Jedi,as we scream down the mountain fueled by fear and adrenaline we Trespass.

Wheels now looks at me at the bottom and exclaims that he could ride that again after lunch. My brother pulls the shoot. We had lunch and jumped in the river and hit the chairlift. We bore witness to the hoards at Heckle Rock as the racers pinned their way down,we got amped by the sheer energy and vibe of the whole scene as the mountain echoed from the packed sidelines of the carnage vultures hooting and shaking cow bells.This was what we needed to charge us for our second decent into the gnarly abyss of Trespasser.We pinned it down,relishing and savoring every steep,rock roll and root filled crack it had to offer. I came to a realization after that being my third time down. That new is what is scary and when it[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s not new it[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s just instinct!

A shout out to all the athletes who threw down in the last week,those that gave their bodies and pushed it, props boys and girls and healing vibes to all those who suffered injuries heal quick.

Aug. 18, 2010, 9:43 p.m.

i quit ,anyone for a night ride down a night ride down sexgirl?

Aug. 18, 2010, 9:58 p.m.

:lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Aug. 18, 2010, 10:05 p.m.

LOL
skip the punctuation buddy and try again
some things make the forum go crazy

Aug. 18, 2010, 11:57 p.m.

dude your threads are sweet!

Aug. 19, 2010, 5:01 a.m.

It

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 19, 2010, 7:49 a.m.

It…was a Saturday morning and i was feeling a bit groggy from a long night with Floppy bunny. My coffee still swirling i stared at the milky vortex trying to make sense of flash backs from my previous session, jarring me back to the present the the phone went off like a steroid junkie in traffic. It was Jlo, he wanted to do Ladies only today. I reluctantly agreed strapping on my Armour played with the cat for a bit and headed…….

Aug. 19, 2010, 8:09 a.m.

haha… same thing happened to me in the "merritt" thread. The spell check was doing something weird that the forum wouldn't accept. Just change the word after "it"

Chainsmoker 8)

Aug. 19, 2010, 8:25 a.m.

:lol: awesome.

Aug. 19, 2010, 8:41 a.m.

I new it would be epic. That is an awesome story!

Aug. 19, 2010, 3:02 p.m.

It…was a Saturday morning and i was feeling a bit groggy from a long night with Floppy bunny.

I'm pretty sure bunny would be offended that you described her as 'floppy'.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 19, 2010, 3:09 p.m.

haha… same thing happened to me in the "merritt" thread. The spell check was doing something weird that the forum wouldn't accept. Just change the word after "it"

There is a spell checker on the forum??

Aug. 19, 2010, 3:14 p.m.

There is a spell checker on the forum??

His name is Biggles604 and he checks grammar too.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

Aug. 19, 2010, 3:21 p.m.

His name is Biggles604 and he checks grammar too.

lulz

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Aug. 19, 2010, 4 p.m.

It…was a Saturday morning and i was feeling a bit groggy from a long night with Floppy bunny. My coffee still swirling i stared at the milky vortex trying to make sense of flash backs from my previous session, jarring me back to the present the the phone went off like a steroid junkie in traffic. It was Jlo, he wanted to do Ladies only today. I reluctantly agreed strapping on my Armour played with the cat for a bit and headed…….

back into the clapboard shack I call home. I removed the chain from the door, and dumped out the yoghurt container that had been catching drips from the ceiling into the cat's dish. I enjoyed rainy season, as I could collect water for Minxy without having to go outside to the gas station. I was about to put my clothes on the roof to dry out, when