We are just as stoked....

April 10, 2007, 5:23 a.m.

if the gondy is closed does that mean "hikers" will be using the Fitz with the bike park users ???

or will be hiking be closed ???

oh yeah what about skiers ? do they also have to use teh Fitz when teh bike park first opens now ?

Whistler closes April 22, period. No skiing and no hiking. It opens for biking ONLY on May 19. Gondy opens for biking and hiking on July 1.

TomPro

April 10, 2007, 8:25 a.m.

straight from the horses mouth, we won't have to sit next to bubba and his
wife explaining why we do what we do…:dizzy:

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

April 10, 2007, 11:37 a.m.

sweet.. im hoping its gonna be ready by the day they say.. but id rather them take theyre time instead of rushing it becuase the trails will be much nicer and not so rushed but whatcha gonna do.. i feel so bad for the amount of work they have to do between skiing ending and biking open. i wouldn't suggest going until a few weeks after opening becuase then they have a bit more time to get everythiung nice..

chillinchillin

01 Norco VPS Buzz for sale

April 10, 2007, 8:34 p.m.

thx for the update…

April 11, 2007, 9:29 a.m.

hey tom, this means that starting with opening day, we can nab 10 hours of biking if we aren't chasing girls around the village? :)

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

April 11, 2007, 10:01 a.m.

Blackcomb will mostly take the sightseers, as the always do, the Gondy is getting a total refit, new cars I heard, and its old, needs the work for sure, just come up for the weekdays……I wanna know what the dual slalom will be/look like.

Sorry no new cars, maybe next year. But they are doing a complete mechanical refit so hopefully it will become more reliable again.

April 11, 2007, 11:24 a.m.

hey tom, this means that starting with opening day, we can nab 10 hours of biking if we aren't chasing girls around the village? :)

We are going with Extended Play on saturdays for now and trying for sunday as well. It will full on June 16, so this gives you lots of time for chasing girls in the village till then. Come June 16 any real man will get rid of his girlfriend and become a riding monk.

TomPro

April 11, 2007, 11:46 a.m.

honk honk!!!… haha… HONK! HONK!

WE DESIGN I WE BUILD = YOU ENJOY

April 11, 2007, 12:03 p.m.

We are going with Extended Play on saturdays for now and trying for sunday as well. It will full on June 16, so this gives you lots of time for chasing girls in the village till then. Come June 16 any real man will get rid of his girlfriend and become a riding monk.

I've heard they are allowing girls on the hill this year, can you confirm this?

meh

April 11, 2007, 12:59 p.m.

we should already starting to pray…

WE DESIGN I WE BUILD = YOU ENJOY

April 11, 2007, 2:12 p.m.

Whistler closes April 22, period. No skiing and no hiking. It opens for biking ONLY on May 19. Gondy opens for biking and hiking on July 1.

you gotta be a little clearer with what your talking about. may 19 the bike park will be open for 7 days a week riding. prior to that the bike park can open for weekends only that being saturday and sunday as early as april 28, if not may 5 if not may 12 and if still to much snow them may 19. the earliest opening would be an opening of aline and bline with a possible opening of crank it up if theres enough time if not that will open at a later weekend. those are the 3 trails that can be plowed by their bobcats and other machines, as time goes on they'll be putting in work on the rest of the trails so theyre good to go for opening weekend.

here to ride but i'm to busy building

April 11, 2007, 3:02 p.m.

you gotta be a little clearer with what your talking about. may 19 the bike park will be open for 7 days a week riding. prior to that the bike park can open for weekends only that being saturday and sunday as early as april 28, if not may 5 if not may 12 and if still to much snow them may 19. the earliest opening would be an opening of aline and bline with a possible opening of crank it up if theres enough time if not that will open at a later weekend. those are the 3 trails that can be plowed by their bobcats and other machines, as time goes on they'll be putting in work on the rest of the trails so theyre good to go for opening weekend.

The Bike Park will open on May 19th, not sooner, even if the riding is cherry. Right now we have Extended Play ok for Saturday only, working on getting Sunday as well, until June 16th. On that day we are Extended Play 7 days/week.
I can't tell you what will be open on May 19 or what shape the trails will be in, but we are getting on the trails at the beggining of May, pronto. The snow is going fast, so we are hoping for the best.
Clearer?

TomPro

April 11, 2007, 3:11 p.m.

I've heard they are allowing girls on the hill this year, can you confirm this?

The rumor has it! We should be so lucky to watch some of these gals slay it in the park.

TomPro

April 11, 2007, 3:12 p.m.

Extended play for Saturdays is a huge deal…thank you for that! Hopefully that will allow people to spread their day a little more :)

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

April 11, 2007, 3:15 p.m.

Extended play for Saturdays is a huge deal…thank you for that! Hopefully that will allow people to spread their day a little more :)

Yeah, lets hope. We will do our best. How about starting at 9 am? My thought is that most of you partying punks don't get out of bed till noon, so it would be pointless.

TomPro