WBP rates for 2013?

April 11, 2013, 7:14 p.m.

that is absolutely not what i am saying. I work in the tourism sector. I know why i get paid and who pays me.

When i go to Baker, i dont smash my bottles in the streets of Glacier, i dont get aggressive drunk and stab someone in a nightclub in bellingham. i dont throw my trash from the chair. Why should people come and cunt up the place where i live.

So are you saying then its WB's fault that some of the 2.5 million people who visit Whistler every year are douchebags? There is also no comparison between Whistler and Bellingham and the Mount Baker and WB. They are very different destinations that cater to different demographics and populations. 6% of people in Whatcom County work in tourism, in Whistler its over 50% for direct services (if you include financial services and retail services, it goes to 80%).

April 11, 2013, 8:22 p.m.

Last year I paid $139 (+ 12% HST) = $155.68 on May 7 for a triple play including a bonus day. This year the price - if purchased before May 16 - has gone up to $143 (+5% GST) = $150.15. They're also offering the 3 day top up too at a total cost of $264.60 tax in or less than $38 a day. Maybe things aren't as bad as people are making them out to be?

Screenshot from the W/B website a few mins ago:

Great news! Looks like I spoke too soon.

April 12, 2013, 1:41 p.m.

So are you saying then its WB's fault that some of the 2.5 million people who visit Whistler every year are douchebags? There is also no comparison between Whistler and Bellingham and the Mount Baker and WB. They are very different destinations that cater to different demographics and populations. 6% of people in Whatcom County work in tourism, in Whistler its over 50% for direct services (if you include financial services and retail services, it goes to 80%).

No i wouldnt say its WB's fault. Theres douchebags everywhere. There just seems to an excessive amount here on weekends.

If your employer suddenly switched you to part time but was still scheduling you for 35 hrs a week, how would that feel for you. By going to part time from full time, you lose extended benefits, spousal extended benefits, spousal passes, RSP matching, basically any kind of benefit you had except for 50% off of food on the mountain.

Im just disappointed in the changes here basically since WB started answering to shareholders. It stems deep. Changes in staffing that have directly impacted myself, my at the time girlfriend, many of my friends. Changes to grooming policies. The constant need to be expand/charge more. I dont agree that bigger is always better.

Duncan, this will be the last post you will get out of me on this.

April 15, 2013, 12:13 p.m.

I found the bone us season pass holders were to be given this year. Just got an email saying we get first dibs on the early-bird pricing and can buy today.

April 15, 2013, 12:25 p.m.

I found the bone us season pass holders were to be given this year. Just got an email saying we get first dibs on the early-bird pricing and can buy today.

Done … Free "Bring A Friend" date deadline has gone from June 21, to June 14 … pretty weird how everything keeps changing. I'll be pissed if they adjust rates down on me or start giving BroCard discounts for season pass purchases.

April 15, 2013, 1:24 p.m.

No i wouldnt say its WB's fault. Theres douchebags everywhere. There just seems to an excessive amount here on weekends.

If your employer suddenly switched you to part time but was still scheduling you for 35 hrs a week, how would that feel for you. By going to part time from full time, you lose extended benefits, spousal extended benefits, spousal passes, RSP matching, basically any kind of benefit you had except for 50% off of food on the mountain.

Im just disappointed in the changes here basically since WB started answering to shareholders. It stems deep. Changes in staffing that have directly impacted myself, my at the time girlfriend, many of my friends. Changes to grooming policies. The constant need to be expand/charge more. I dont agree that bigger is always better.

Duncan, this will be the last post you will get out of me on this.

And this is why I no longer live, work for or have anything to do with Whistler. Whistler Blackcomb as an organization and in the community is making money off of the backs of the people who work there. The company model is to pay as little as possible to their employees and in return you get the fantastic privilege of working there. They have enough transient workers to fill the lower ranks of the employees but as soon as people figure out that they can make way more money in a different town they leave. This applies to all areas of the organization especially people who have an education in the field they work in such as electricians or accountants. they pay these people way below the average value.

I left because I was tired of working for an organization for over 10 years and making less than 30K. But I got a free ski pass. Yaaaay

April 15, 2013, 7:15 p.m.

I have the wife trained well.

She saw the email from whistler, and bought a pass for me and her. [HTML_REMOVED]3

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

April 15, 2013, 7:19 p.m.

Seems to me they want to bank on the young workers who figure they're in heaven having the mountain right where they work. As a person ages, that fact prolly wears off. As long as the snow falls, they'll get people coming in. Especially if snow doesn't fall in other areas of the world like last season.

Thread killer

April 16, 2013, 11:02 a.m.

Whistler doesn't need to offer Fort McMurray-level wages because there are people willing to take a pay cut to work there. Until reality sets in at for some time for most. I'd be happy to live and work in Whistler at my current standard of living, but I know that is pretty much impossible. So I make do with an 80-minute drive (one way) from the Lower Mainland once or twice a week to go play.