WBP rates for 2013?

April 9, 2013, 12:43 p.m.

How many days are spent in the bike park vs ridding the valley trails?

My son has done WORCA for the last three years but really wants to spend some more time in the bike park.

DFX Blue and Black levels are 1 day XC, 1 day WBP. It seemed to be a good mix. They also offer a Park only, but it's Black + level. He was in Blue. The XC days were good and he learned a lot. The Park days he was more advanced than the class on CIU but got some good skills riding tech blue trails. I signed him up for Black this year.

Last year my grom did about 24 park days including his DFX camp.

If you end up signing him up, maybe we can carpool a day or 2. Of course that is if after you meet me, you don't find me overly offensive :swearing:

April 9, 2013, 1:44 p.m.

DFX Blue and Black levels are 1 day XC, 1 day WBP. It seemed to be a good mix. They also offer a Park only, but it's Black + level. He was in Blue. The XC days were good and he learned a lot. The Park days he was more advanced than the class on CIU but got some good skills riding tech blue trails. I signed him up for Black this year.

If you end up signing him up, maybe we can carpool a day or 2. Of course that is if after you meet me, you don't find me overly offensive :swearing:

Our kids' did 3 of the single day DFX camps last year and only rode in the bike park - focussed on the Blue trails and singletrack - HoChiMinh, Heart of Darkness, Ninja Cougar, even Angry Pirate. They loved it.

If your kid has a winter season pass (or if you do), then you get 20% off on DFX programs in the summer. I hope that this is the same policy this year. So it was about $100 for a lift pass, full day instruction, and $10 food voucher for lunch at Garbanzo B[HTML_REMOVED]B. Hard to find full day babysitting for that price.

April 9, 2013, 5:47 p.m.

same here. its killing me inside and really making me resent them. Just a cash grab. They are trying to drive the ski/bike bums out of whistler. Who do they think does all the menial work? there are far less seasonal workers these days as well.
also good luck for any local trying to open a business in the village these days. The only people who can afford the rent are starbucks, guess, eddie bauer. I mean wtf do they have to do with a mountain town? We gonna get a Gucci store next to satisfy the rich Mexicans?

uggh been driving me nuts for the past few years…

Dunno about you, but I've noticed the bike park is not as busy the last few years. Expansion at W/B means more money has to be taken in for said expansion.

Thread killer

April 9, 2013, 10:33 p.m.

Dunno about you, but I've noticed the bike park is not as busy the last few years. Expansion at W/B means more money has to be taken in for said expansion.

This has been my experience as well..

April 10, 2013, 6:46 a.m.

Maybe if they lowered costs instead of increasing them more people would ride?!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

April 10, 2013, 7:43 a.m.

to be fair, unless they're totally lying, their numbers have been increasing every year, and I'd argue that with the expansion of intermediate terrain up top people are just more spread out.

April 10, 2013, 8:10 a.m.

^^^^ whoa whoa whoa, hold the logic, this is the internet!!!!

Now, wheres my pitchfork….

April 10, 2013, 9:33 a.m.

Just signed the kid up for DFX blue Sundays!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

April 10, 2013, 10:48 a.m.

Pissed about paying more, but still gonna pay. Just gonna be pissed. Add more fuel to the fire about poor maintenance.

April 10, 2013, 10:54 a.m.

on a positive note, mtn's like SS,SP and mt. Washington should do better..

April 10, 2013, 6:15 p.m.

to be fair, unless they're totally lying, their numbers have been increasing every year, and I'd argue that with the expansion of intermediate terrain up top people are just more spread out.

Maybe Flip is right. More terrain, maybe riders are spread out more. I hope they hire more maintenance people. I don't see how they can keep up with all those trails having been added.

Thread killer

April 10, 2013, 8:34 p.m.

The 3/4 year old program. Up from just over $1000 last year to an early-bird rate of $1325 plus tax next year. That's a huge increase

The Valley Kids Program (VKP) doesn't break even.
If you would really like to complain WB could charge the actual price that covers all of the VKP program - wage of instructors, lunch, lift ticket, etc.
What does it break down to per day? $40ish. A screaming deal from my perspective.

Most of the Club programs that are run by WB just barely break even. What covers the overhead of those programs is the tourist dollars.

As to the WBP price increase, trail building/maintaining and lifts don't run on happy feelings and hugs.
Everything cost money.

April 10, 2013, 8:55 p.m.

The Valley Kids Program (VKP) doesn't break even.
If you would really like to complain WB could charge the actual price that covers all of the VKP program - wage of instructors, lunch, lift ticket, etc.
What does it break down to per day? $40ish. A screaming deal from my perspective.

Most of the Club programs that are run by WB just barely break even. What covers the overhead of those programs is the tourist dollars.

As to the WBP price increase, trail building/maintaining and lifts don't run on happy feelings and hugs.
Everything cost money.

I dont see why WB should see local families as a money making scheme. It's just greed. pure and simple.

April 10, 2013, 8:55 p.m.

I wouldn't mind extra costs if they were being spent hiring more workers. Expansion will have costs, but from the looks of it the cost will be less time maintaining current trails, not a financial cost.

April 10, 2013, 10:04 p.m.

I dont see why WB should see local families as a money making scheme. It's just greed. pure and simple.

I don't think you're picking up what I'm putting down.

"Greed. Pure and simple" would be charging local families $149/day. Which the tourist crowd is charged.
Maybe have look on the website for the pricing before you start arguing how WB is gouging local families.

It is a business afterall.

We could talk about how families in other locations can't afford regular meals for their children instead of arguing how some families are "struggling" to send their children to ski school.