WBP rates for 2013?

April 8, 2013, 7:59 p.m.

No triple play three day add on deal like last year either… :(

No extra free early season day with triple play either.

That sucks - last year you could get 7 days for like $239 when you include the early season day and the 3 day add-on. Now, the 7 days will cost you $341 ($153 + $44 + [48x3])… thats garbage! Might have to buy a seasons pass this year…. probably what they are trying to force us into.

April 8, 2013, 9:20 p.m.

Yeah these increases plus the ridiculous jump for my daughter in ski school has me pretty pissed off at WB. Thanks a lot for looking after your bread-and-butter clients.

Keep pricing families and locals out of this town and see what happens. Not gonna be pretty in the long-term

April 9, 2013, 8:28 a.m.

They should have a 2 tiered system like they do with local housing ;)

April 9, 2013, 8:50 a.m.

No triple play three day add on deal like last year either… :(

No extra free early season day with triple play either.

Why isn't there a youth discount on seasons, or a family pass??

I just signed my son up for DFX camp. It's actually cheaper for 9 days of lessons and a season's pass for him with DFX than simply buying a season's pass.

There is also a family 10% discount on winter passes. I'm currently pressuring WB to honour the same discount for summer. Their pricing structures are not aligned with trying to get families to ride WBP.

April 9, 2013, 8:52 a.m.

Cam is working on a sweet deal with WBP and the BroCard… stay tuned.

:canada:

April 9, 2013, 8:53 a.m.

Wow. That sucks. I hope we will see some improvements for that money.

BUT WAIT!

2012 Early Bird $499
2013 Limited Quantity $549

So that's a 10% hike. BUT - no PST anymore on lift tickets, so its really a 3% hike (they basically gave a "return to GST" haircut that is the norm in BC commerce).

2012 Early Bird $499
2013 Early Bird $599

20% increase becomes 13% after you eliminate PST.

I wonder what the "limited quantity" is? Will it accomodate everyone who tries to buy on Apr 16, or are they just gimmick-f*cking with everyone's minds? I'm paying for 2 (me+my kid) so it adds up.

At least for the winter passes, which are on sale now for next season, the customer rep told me they strategically raised the prices so that the net 'tax in' price would be the same. Remove the HST, add back GST, then you can raise prices 7% at least. It's a smart cash grab on their part.

April 9, 2013, 8:55 a.m.

I guess you don't read so well and possibly don't know what a real budget is. Nor do you know how much my V10 cost me.

I heard this guy built his V10 for less than $100. He found a broken frame in the garbage, glued it back together, then transferred all the parts from a 2001 Stinky. The sweetness of a Jr. T and HFX! Gluing carbon is fine, right?

April 9, 2013, 9:32 a.m.

At least for the winter passes, which are on sale now for next season, the customer rep told me they strategically raised the prices so that the net 'tax in' price would be the same. Remove the HST, add back GST, then you can raise prices 7% at least. It's a smart cash grab on their part.

Everyone is doing that. Shaw Cable is raising their rates as PST comes off cable bills. So are lawyers, accounts and everyone (including my self-employed other half) in the service industry whose services used to be PST exempt and will be again.

April 9, 2013, 9:36 a.m.

I just signed my son up for DFX camp. It's actually cheaper for 9 days of lessons and a season's pass for him with DFX than simply buying a season's pass.

There is also a family 10% discount on winter passes. I'm currently pressuring WB to honour the same discount for summer. Their pricing structures are not aligned with trying to get families to ride WBP.

We are thinking about doing this but getting to whistler @ 9:30 from Langley every Sunday sounds a little daunting!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

April 9, 2013, 10:04 a.m.

Yeah these increases plus the ridiculous jump for my daughter in ski school has me pretty pissed off at WB. Thanks a lot for looking after your bread-and-butter clients.

Keep pricing families and locals out of this town and see what happens. Not gonna be pretty in the long-term

same here. its killing me inside and really making me resent them. Just a cash grab. They are trying to drive the ski/bike bums out of whistler. Who do they think does all the menial work? there are far less seasonal workers these days as well.
also good luck for any local trying to open a business in the village these days. The only people who can afford the rent are starbucks, guess, eddie bauer. I mean wtf do they have to do with a mountain town? We gonna get a Gucci store next to satisfy the rich Mexicans?

uggh been driving me nuts for the past few years…

April 9, 2013, 10:14 a.m.

We are thinking about doing this but getting to whistler @ 9:30 from Langley every Sunday sounds a little daunting!

We did it last year too. And my son was in Sunday ski camp from Jan-Apr. It's a big commitment. Helps if you have friend's with kids also in programming. We did some ride shares this winter for skiing. I also have access to a place in Whistler, so we stayed up there about 1/3 of time.

The drive time from White Rock is 2 hrs door to door on a Sunday morning. It's a long day if you're going up and down in a day. That said, for the price of DFX, my son will probably only attend 5/9 sessions and it's still cheaper than a pass.

April 9, 2013, 10:36 a.m.

Cam is working on a sweet deal with WBP and the BroCard… stay tuned.

Hope he get's it done before the 16th.

April 9, 2013, 11:23 a.m.

Hope he get's it done before the 16th.

Yeah … but no Season Pass discounts through Bro Card or any 3rd party, apparently. Triple Play discount deal may be in the works according to posts from @nsmb.com above.

My kid did a little under 30 days last season (1:20 drive for us), so its pretty much going to be Season Pass for me. The other nice thing about SP is that you can go up and chill out and if you don't spend the whole day at the BP you don't feel like you're wasting money. We're going up for most of Crankworx too, and you can go and enjoy yourself and still take in the vibe and not be pissed at lineups and the fact that 70% of the trails in the BP seem to be closed. On top of that the kid plans to do Phat Wednesday races this year …

April 9, 2013, 11:43 a.m.

We are still working on what we'll be able to offer BroCard holders at WBP this year. Sorry for the delay. We usually have things sewn up much earlier but we're working hard to get the best deal and to get it done asap. Thanks for your patience!

April 9, 2013, 12:24 p.m.

We did it last year too. And my son was in Sunday ski camp from Jan-Apr. It's a big commitment. Helps if you have friend's with kids also in programming. We did some ride shares this winter for skiing. I also have access to a place in Whistler, so we stayed up there about 1/3 of time.

The drive time from White Rock is 2 hrs door to door on a Sunday morning. It's a long day if you're going up and down in a day. That said, for the price of DFX, my son will probably only attend 5/9 sessions and it's still cheaper than a pass.

How many days are spent in the bike park vs ridding the valley trails?

My son has done WORCA for the last three years but really wants to spend some more time in the bike park.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.